Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 7 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Status Update
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Author

Day 7 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Status Update

Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2012, 10:35:48 pm »

Red Rock, I see all your collections.  Must have just taken a minute to update.  Looks good!
JaJeJems

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2012, 10:40:26 pm »

Thanks Fairy C - more rewrites I guess.  I agree though, just didn't think about using both measurements before.

JaJeJems

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2012, 10:47:31 pm »

Silver Workshop - I love your banner - what a lovely display of your pieces!  I think the Avatar looks much better as well.  I know you are working away on your products - just looked at one, Chunky Red earrings, and I notice that you have repeated a phrase: "The porcelain beads are glazed different colours which makes each of them unique, they are about 13mm wide. They are about 13mm wide." 
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2012, 10:59:25 pm »

How are these props in the "more pictures"?

https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/29737/quilled-snails-i-love-you-card.php
https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/34846/western-birthday-card.php

I didn't put a "prop" picture first because then the product is too small in the store thumbnail.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2012, 11:06:22 pm »

Fairy Cardmaker, I think all your photos are great! Bright and nicely cropped. Having close-ups as a main shot helps people to see your products in detail even on small thumbnails. Your store looks great!  Grin
JaJeJems

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2012, 11:22:02 pm »

Fairy card maker those two photos are stunning!  Are you using your newly acquired equipment?   Noticed a typo in the snail card  - blank."inside"
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2012, 11:23:01 pm »

JaJeJems,

Your store description is perfect now!  Grin

You can specify both metric & imperial measurements in your product descriptions. Anything that helps your customers is good.

I'd suggest not to create so many collections - too many links can overwhelm people too. 7 is a magic number in usability - that's the number of single items human eye can focus on at the same time. I'd remove some collections. You already have a separate list for Men's products under "Ideal for..." section. So you don't need to list "Men's jewellery" under collections. Bracelets, Pendants, Necklaces, Earrings and Jewelry Sets are listed under Product Categories, so it's repetitive. Collections should be use to group products by Color, Style, Season etc., like your "Spring Collection".
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2012, 11:34:27 pm »

Hi Jewelry by Kat,

I have the same comment for you on your store collections. You use very lengthy names, so names wrap to another line and look a bit messy. I'd shorten those names, capitalize first letter and maybe combine some collections or remove some. Your collections also should have more than 2 items.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2012, 12:01:10 am »

Hi Fairy Cardmaker, 

Do you remember what keywords we used to optimized your store the first time?

I see that now you are using "Handmade Cards" as a main Phrase, which means you'll be competing with anyone who makes Handmade Cards. Its too generic and too competitive term! I think we need to find you something more specific (long-tail term) that's less competitive, but still describes your products.

There are a lot of good Phrases related to holidays and special occasions, which are good for individual product pages, like handmade valentine cards - 9,900 It's harder to find a Phrase that describes all your products, as you have cards for different occasions + die cuts.

What about "Personalized Greeting Cards" - 49,500 or "Personalised Greeting Cards"? This term has about 27,100 monthly global searches.... "Hand Made Cards" - 90,500 or "Hand Made Greeting Cards" - 18,100. Unfortunately, that's the exact spelling that you'd have to use.  Roll Eyes

Are all your cards blank inside?
"Blank Cards" is still very competitive term - 110,000, but "Blank Greeting Cards" is not. Searched by 6,600 people monthly.
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2012, 12:10:36 am »

I misunderstood what a collection is.  I made new ones..............Kat
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 12:33:40 am by Jewelry by Kat »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2012, 12:56:41 am »

Hi Silver Workshop,

I think your banner would look better with two close-up products on both sides, instead of four in the same size, as your product thumbnails. Separation lines don't work for me either, but it's just a personal opinion.  Roll Eyes

As for the Keywords....
Your Specialty starts with "Handmade Sterling Silver Jewelry", very long term, but it still gets 1,300 monthly views. I'd keep it, but optimize your store description for it, which means you'd have to incorporate this Phrase into your first sentence in your store description. Then repeat variations of that Phrase and a few related terms in the copy as well. But please add a lot more copy before stuffing Keywords into your page!

For this product https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/34825/silver-and-leather-bracelet-adjustable.php, I'd reverse words.   
"Silver and Leather Bracelet"is the term that gets 3,600 searches, so that the term you should optimize your page for. Adjustable should be added at the end of your Title, like this "Silver and Leather Bracelet, Adjustable". Then re-write your description to incorporate your main term. Something like this would work "The silver leaf and vine pattern for this silver and leather bracelet were created by hand using silver metal clay." That's what would make your page beter optimized for this specific Phrase ""Silver and Leather Bracelet".

Another good term "Flower Band Ring" - 720, which you already using on this product - https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/34562/flower-band-ring-sterling-silver-size-6-5.php, so just incorporate that exact term in the first sentence of your product description.

For this product https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/34655/bird-necklace-sterling-silver-necklace-choker.php I'd use different Phrase, as "Silver Bird Chocker" has 0 searches.

I'd use "Silver Necklace Choker" with 4,400 searches instead. So your Title would then read like this "Silver Necklace Choker, Silver Bird & Black Egg Necklace". Again, make sure you mention  "Silver Necklace Choker" in the first sentence as well.

Overall your Titles and Product Descriptions are good with pretty descriptive Terms in Titles. I'd just add more copy to all pages.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2012, 01:45:26 am »

Hi Red Rock Designs,

I'd say 6-7 Collections is probably enough for the store. Oh, there was probably a small system delay with showing your Collections. I see them all now. I would not suggest to create very specific collections with only 2-3 products. I'd combine all Chain Maille products under "Chain Maille Jewelry" and all Hand Stitched bracelets and Hand Stitched rings into "Hand stitched Jewelry".

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2012, 04:18:39 am »

Bibi, please give me an example where you think you overused keywords.

iCraft, should I scale back on my usage of keywords in the copy?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2012, 04:30:29 am »

Fairy Cardmaker, happy to hear you feel like you are learning something new with this Bootcamp!

I would like to announce that instead of sweating it out, I have bled for this bootcamp!

Sweat, blood and tears... Sounds like we are delivering on the Bootcamp promiss. Ha ha
Btw, your heroic efforts are greatly appreciated! And hopefully will pay off too Cool
Silver Workshop

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2012, 06:42:46 am »

Thanks for all your input admin, I'll work on that tonight. Have a good day everyone,

Andree
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 7 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Status Update
Jump to:  
Click