Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 7 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Status Update
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Author

Day 7 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Status Update

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: October 02, 2012, 01:40:16 am »

Today's Assignment for everyone is to work on those suggested improvements and to provide us at the end of the day with your Status Update.

• Where are you at with fixing problems with your store and product pages?
  • What has been done and what's left?
  • Do you need help with anything?
  • Have you been trying to incorporate keywords into your Product Titles and Descriptions?
    Please ask questions here, if you are not sure what Keywords to use or just want us to review your updated pages.
  • How much time do you need to fix everything that needs to be fixed?

It's important for others to review your copy!
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 02:20:11 am »

I changed my store name
I only have jewelry in this store now  I am opening another store for my crocheted items,painted ceramic cats,notecards
I got a new store banner
I fixed my store description
I fixed my store tags
I added holiday and occasion tags
I fixed shipping and return policies
I lengthened my item descriptions as best I can for me  adding features forgotten like my closures etc
I lightened alot of photos but I lost the quality of my jewelry in them so I am getting a new camers next week and I will practice until right and retake all photos. It is something I want to do.
I am changing my product titles with key word right now and will be done today
If I didn't forget anything I will be done with everything today, I have been working round the clock, I am retired so I can,It is something to do that is good....................................Kat
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:29:35 am by Jewelry by Kat »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 03:04:11 am »

Perfect. Thanks for the update, Kat!
I actually like your new brighter photos. Your store looks re-energized now. It shows all your hard work!  Grin
JaJeJems

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 08:52:56 am »

Hi icraft admin, I am working away here and hope to have a good progress report.  Just wondering if you are sending me some keyword information like you have for the other stores?  Or did I  just miss seeing it in all the other info that has been going back and forth!
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 10:28:29 am »

Items completed:
I changed my avatar and banner.
I lengthened my store description to include description of chain maille and info about me.
I added more tags to the listings.  
I added holiday and occasion tags.
I added a 2nd category on most items.
I adjusted item descriptions to include more copy.
I lightened some photos.
I changed some product titles to include colour and niche words, like Byzantine chain maille, Peyote stitched.
I increased the prices for chain maille & stitched pieces.

To Do:
I will update the remaining older listings. (I hid some of the chain maille items, so that there wouldn’t be 2 different prices showing for the same pattern)
I will add Collections when all listings are updated.
I will re-take photos of a couple of items that were blurry and re-post.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 11:16:56 am by Red Rock Designs »
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 11:25:15 am »

Our head office is down so I can't get any info off our server.  But... the internet is up!  So, I'm sneaking on to iCraft from the office (lol!)

I have:
  • Updated my shop description, attempted to create a keyword focus on cards.
  • Switched up the photos of a few listings to put close ups first.
  • Updated some listing titles, hoping to get better keywords in.
  • Deconstructed and reconstructed my light box.  Recently bought two lamps.  Will see how this goes for future photos.  Attempting to do without the rocks.

Question: Do the rocks look like bugs or poop in the thumbnails?  What if I used books? I have some of those storage books from Michaels.  They might be too big though.... will think on it.

To do: Experiment with new light box and book props.

Timeline: I can only work in evenings and weekends.  The critics I've given take me 1.5 hours out of my 2 hours of evening time available.  So, I will need at least until Thursday to continue tweaking.

Question: Did I miss anything?  I've done minimal tweaking to the listings themselves:
  • Fixed "self-assessment" on anything updated or new
  • If title changed, change product copy to match
  • On cards: if there's a die cut, changed it to say "paper piecing" which is easier to understand.

Anything else?
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 11:41:50 am »

Kat, your new store description is much better for keywords.  (I commented on the new banner before.)  I think your descriptions are still brief.  Why don't you pick up to 3 listings and perhaps we can all help you come up with extended, keyword rich wording?

Also, I'm not sure that iCraft's collections were meant to feature your sets.  The collection titles are long.  Where iCraft gives you "earrings" as a category, I think collections can fine-tune that while still being fairly broad.
- beaded charm bracelets
- children's jewellery
- silver tone earrings
- copper earrings
- dangle earrings
- medallion earrings
- beaded necklaces
- pendant necklaces
--- and the like.  Remember, a single product can belong to more than one collection so you are not limited to putting a single style label on anything.  For example, the dangle earrings could also be added to the silver or copper collection.

Perhaps admin can chime in here both on the general organization of collections and on the suggested categories here?

(Oops, servers are up.  Will critique other's progress in the evening.  Would love a thumbs up or thumbs down on my progress too.  Smiley )
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 11:44:26 am by Fairy Cardmaker »
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 11:50:44 am »

I am so bad expressing myself-I say it better in bracelet form. I would love help in tthat area.   I thought collections would be matching sets-necklace that matches bracelet etc   am I wrong?..........Kat
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 12:06:46 pm »

I am confused about my item description, I need it explained in easy terms.......Kat
If it is a charm bracelet should I say charm bracelet as a key word in the description a couple times?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 12:28:30 pm by Jewelry by Kat »
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 01:46:04 pm »

Hi Kat,
Here's a suggestion for a listing.

https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/29435/purple-beaded-cluster-bracelet-with-silver-chain.php
Yours:
This cluster bracelet has purple beads with a cluster of small purple crystals and beads. There is a silver tone chain with a lobster claw closure and star dangle. Some beads are strung on a wire and some are hand wired on the chain. It is adjustable from 6 1/2 - 7 1/2 inches.

Try:

This beaded bracelet is made with a cluster of purple beads and crystals.  The beaded cluster bracelet has a silver tone chain with a lobster claw closure and star dangle.  The cluster of purple beads and crystals have been individually hand wrapped.  This beaded cluster bracelet is adjustable and ranges in size from 6.5 – 7.5 inches.   

Your purple beaded cluster bracelet will be shipped in….box? bag?  tissue paper/wrapping?

Kat, if this item can be custom ordered or available in different colours, you can add:

Custom orders are available for this beaded cluster bracelet, in purple or another colour (colours may be limited).  Also indicate if you prefer a different clasp. 

Kat, I think the trick is to try to repeat the words in the title as much as you can: beaded bracelet, cluster bracelet, beaded cluster bracelet, purple cluster bracelet, purple beaded bracelet, purple beaded cluster bracelet....unless I'm wrong, but this is what I've been doing to add more keywords.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 02:25:29 pm »

Hi Kat,

You have a few "Charm Bracelets", so you can't optimize all your pages for "Charm Bracelets".
Also that term is too generic. Pick something more specific. Three words are better than two.

Each page has to have slightly different variation of "Charm Bracelet" in the Title.
To choose good Keywords, you need to get familiar with Google Keyword Tool, that I've mentioned a few times.

As for repetition, you need to repeat your main Keywords in description once or twice, no more, (the more copy you have, the more repetitions you can include) and then use related words to reinforce the main theme of the page. We have a few good examples on how to optimize pages in our SEO thread. Please read those too.

Sorry, it's a difficult topic and I wish we could just optimized every product page for you, but if we do all the work for you, you will not learn and Bootcamp is all about learning and sweating.  Cry  Ha ha 

Those are good questions that you are asking, so keep asking. We'll get through this together!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 02:28:38 pm »

Hi JaJeJems,
I will provide you with some keyword ideas too. Just catching up on my home work.  Embarrassed
JaJeJems

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 03:24:37 pm »

Thanks, Icraft admin!

Fairy card maker -WOW !!! What an improvement in your store description.  Well written and very clear.  I see the difference in some of your pictures as well.. Store policies look good too!  You' ve been busy!
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 03:32:46 pm »

As for repetition, you need to repeat your main Keywords in description once or twice, no more, (the more copy you have, the more repetitions you can include) and then use related words to reinforce the main theme of the page.

iCraft, should I scale back on my usage of keywords in the copy? 
Also can you provide me with keyword ideas for the chain maille and stitched items too? (pretty please)  I've used the keyword list from our review of Jewelry by Kat for the beaded pieces.

thanks.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2012, 03:37:22 pm »

Hi Red Rock Designs,

Your product descriptions look ok to me, at a first glance.
However, I wouldn't start Product Description with the exactly the same Phrase, as you use in the Product Title.

Sure, I'll research Keywords related to chain maille and stitched items for you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 7 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Status Update
Jump to:  
Click