Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 7 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Status Update
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Author

Day 7 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Status Update

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: October 02, 2012, 01:40:16 am »

Today's Assignment for everyone is to work on those suggested improvements and to provide us at the end of the day with your Status Update.

• Where are you at with fixing problems with your store and product pages?
  • What has been done and what's left?
  • Do you need help with anything?
  • Have you been trying to incorporate keywords into your Product Titles and Descriptions?
    Please ask questions here, if you are not sure what Keywords to use or just want us to review your updated pages.
  • How much time do you need to fix everything that needs to be fixed?

It's important for others to review your copy!
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 02:20:11 am »

I changed my store name
I only have jewelry in this store now  I am opening another store for my crocheted items,painted ceramic cats,notecards
I got a new store banner
I fixed my store description
I fixed my store tags
I added holiday and occasion tags
I fixed shipping and return policies
I lengthened my item descriptions as best I can for me  adding features forgotten like my closures etc
I lightened alot of photos but I lost the quality of my jewelry in them so I am getting a new camers next week and I will practice until right and retake all photos. It is something I want to do.
I am changing my product titles with key word right now and will be done today
If I didn't forget anything I will be done with everything today, I have been working round the clock, I am retired so I can,It is something to do that is good....................................Kat
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:29:35 am by Jewelry by Kat »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 03:04:11 am »

Perfect. Thanks for the update, Kat!
I actually like your new brighter photos. Your store looks re-energized now. It shows all your hard work!  Grin
JaJeJems

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 08:52:56 am »

Hi icraft admin, I am working away here and hope to have a good progress report.  Just wondering if you are sending me some keyword information like you have for the other stores?  Or did I  just miss seeing it in all the other info that has been going back and forth!
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 10:28:29 am »

Items completed:
I changed my avatar and banner.
I lengthened my store description to include description of chain maille and info about me.
I added more tags to the listings.  
I added holiday and occasion tags.
I added a 2nd category on most items.
I adjusted item descriptions to include more copy.
I lightened some photos.
I changed some product titles to include colour and niche words, like Byzantine chain maille, Peyote stitched.
I increased the prices for chain maille & stitched pieces.

To Do:
I will update the remaining older listings. (I hid some of the chain maille items, so that there wouldn’t be 2 different prices showing for the same pattern)
I will add Collections when all listings are updated.
I will re-take photos of a couple of items that were blurry and re-post.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 11:16:56 am by Red Rock Designs »
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 11:25:15 am »

Our head office is down so I can't get any info off our server.  But... the internet is up!  So, I'm sneaking on to iCraft from the office (lol!)

I have:
  • Updated my shop description, attempted to create a keyword focus on cards.
  • Switched up the photos of a few listings to put close ups first.
  • Updated some listing titles, hoping to get better keywords in.
  • Deconstructed and reconstructed my light box.  Recently bought two lamps.  Will see how this goes for future photos.  Attempting to do without the rocks.

Question: Do the rocks look like bugs or poop in the thumbnails?  What if I used books? I have some of those storage books from Michaels.  They might be too big though.... will think on it.

To do: Experiment with new light box and book props.

Timeline: I can only work in evenings and weekends.  The critics I've given take me 1.5 hours out of my 2 hours of evening time available.  So, I will need at least until Thursday to continue tweaking.

Question: Did I miss anything?  I've done minimal tweaking to the listings themselves:
  • Fixed "self-assessment" on anything updated or new
  • If title changed, change product copy to match
  • On cards: if there's a die cut, changed it to say "paper piecing" which is easier to understand.

Anything else?
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 11:41:50 am »

Kat, your new store description is much better for keywords.  (I commented on the new banner before.)  I think your descriptions are still brief.  Why don't you pick up to 3 listings and perhaps we can all help you come up with extended, keyword rich wording?

Also, I'm not sure that iCraft's collections were meant to feature your sets.  The collection titles are long.  Where iCraft gives you "earrings" as a category, I think collections can fine-tune that while still being fairly broad.
- beaded charm bracelets
- children's jewellery
- silver tone earrings
- copper earrings
- dangle earrings
- medallion earrings
- beaded necklaces
- pendant necklaces
--- and the like.  Remember, a single product can belong to more than one collection so you are not limited to putting a single style label on anything.  For example, the dangle earrings could also be added to the silver or copper collection.

Perhaps admin can chime in here both on the general organization of collections and on the suggested categories here?

(Oops, servers are up.  Will critique other's progress in the evening.  Would love a thumbs up or thumbs down on my progress too.  Smiley )
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 11:44:26 am by Fairy Cardmaker »
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 11:50:44 am »

I am so bad expressing myself-I say it better in bracelet form. I would love help in tthat area.   I thought collections would be matching sets-necklace that matches bracelet etc   am I wrong?..........Kat
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 12:06:46 pm »

I am confused about my item description, I need it explained in easy terms.......Kat
If it is a charm bracelet should I say charm bracelet as a key word in the description a couple times?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 12:28:30 pm by Jewelry by Kat »
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 01:46:04 pm »

Hi Kat,
Here's a suggestion for a listing.

https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/29435/purple-beaded-cluster-bracelet-with-silver-chain.php
Yours:
This cluster bracelet has purple beads with a cluster of small purple crystals and beads. There is a silver tone chain with a lobster claw closure and star dangle. Some beads are strung on a wire and some are hand wired on the chain. It is adjustable from 6 1/2 - 7 1/2 inches.

Try:

This beaded bracelet is made with a cluster of purple beads and crystals.  The beaded cluster bracelet has a silver tone chain with a lobster claw closure and star dangle.  The cluster of purple beads and crystals have been individually hand wrapped.  This beaded cluster bracelet is adjustable and ranges in size from 6.5 – 7.5 inches.   

Your purple beaded cluster bracelet will be shipped in….box? bag?  tissue paper/wrapping?

Kat, if this item can be custom ordered or available in different colours, you can add:

Custom orders are available for this beaded cluster bracelet, in purple or another colour (colours may be limited).  Also indicate if you prefer a different clasp. 

Kat, I think the trick is to try to repeat the words in the title as much as you can: beaded bracelet, cluster bracelet, beaded cluster bracelet, purple cluster bracelet, purple beaded bracelet, purple beaded cluster bracelet....unless I'm wrong, but this is what I've been doing to add more keywords.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 02:25:29 pm »

Hi Kat,

You have a few "Charm Bracelets", so you can't optimize all your pages for "Charm Bracelets".
Also that term is too generic. Pick something more specific. Three words are better than two.

Each page has to have slightly different variation of "Charm Bracelet" in the Title.
To choose good Keywords, you need to get familiar with Google Keyword Tool, that I've mentioned a few times.

As for repetition, you need to repeat your main Keywords in description once or twice, no more, (the more copy you have, the more repetitions you can include) and then use related words to reinforce the main theme of the page. We have a few good examples on how to optimize pages in our SEO thread. Please read those too.

Sorry, it's a difficult topic and I wish we could just optimized every product page for you, but if we do all the work for you, you will not learn and Bootcamp is all about learning and sweating.  Cry  Ha ha 

Those are good questions that you are asking, so keep asking. We'll get through this together!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 02:28:38 pm »

Hi JaJeJems,
I will provide you with some keyword ideas too. Just catching up on my home work.  Embarrassed
JaJeJems

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 03:24:37 pm »

Thanks, Icraft admin!

Fairy card maker -WOW !!! What an improvement in your store description.  Well written and very clear.  I see the difference in some of your pictures as well.. Store policies look good too!  You' ve been busy!
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 03:32:46 pm »

As for repetition, you need to repeat your main Keywords in description once or twice, no more, (the more copy you have, the more repetitions you can include) and then use related words to reinforce the main theme of the page.

iCraft, should I scale back on my usage of keywords in the copy? 
Also can you provide me with keyword ideas for the chain maille and stitched items too? (pretty please)  I've used the keyword list from our review of Jewelry by Kat for the beaded pieces.

thanks.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2012, 03:37:22 pm »

Hi Red Rock Designs,

Your product descriptions look ok to me, at a first glance.
However, I wouldn't start Product Description with the exactly the same Phrase, as you use in the Product Title.

Sure, I'll research Keywords related to chain maille and stitched items for you.
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2012, 03:38:01 pm »

Fairy Cardmaker, I agree with JaJeJems....lookin good.  I love the description (since I don't know anything about paper type). And the close-ups for the main page really stand out...kudos!
JaJeJems

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2012, 04:06:46 pm »

hi Bibi - just had a look at your page. I already commented on your stunning banner and your description looks great.  One little grammer mistake that I saw "These aluminum rings are hypoallergenic, does not " - think it should be "do not".  You too have been busy!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:28:07 pm by JaJeJems »
Delightful Suds

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2012, 06:56:03 pm »

Hi,
I've removed some products and added new ones.
I changed some phrases in my store description.
I've started to add "bundle" items (more coming later)
I've added the phrase "Natural Handmade Soap" to all my soaps since it's so popular in the search engine
I've specified on all my products how many they're getting

I think that's it (unless I'm forgetting something), but I'm good for now and ready for the next step.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2012, 09:11:37 pm »

Thanks, JaJe and Red Rock!  The feedback I got from a buyer's view from you guys is invaluable!

Red Rock, I mentioned already that I like your new avatar and banner - both instantaneously recognizable - but I didn't mention this: I like that you mirrored the colours.  Even though the pictures are different, they are still tied in!

Your store description is MUCH better and I did not know any of this before:
"... and Anodized Aluminum (coloured) rings. These aluminum rings are hypoallergenic, does not tarnish easily and are very light weight (weighing less than silver). These rings are easy to work with and can be cleaned with hot soapy water. "

I'm especially glad it appears before the "read more" link because hypoallergenic is a huge selling point for me (this is why I don't wear jewellery).  Also, since I don't wear jewellery, the idea of cleaning it never came to mind.  Good to know chain maille is easy to clean!  Fantastic additions to the shop and gets keywords in more fluidly too.

(one booboo - the little typo that JaJe caught"

« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:13:22 pm by Fairy Cardmaker »
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2012, 09:24:58 pm »

Jaje, I like the intrigue of your new banner!

The rearrangement of your store description is great.  I would put at least one keyword in that first paragraph though - even though I know you have been waiting for some optimized suggestions from iCraft.

Here's my hand at it.  See what you like and tweak:

Janis and Jessica are the mother/daughter team behind the name JaJeJems! Together they are working to create a line of truly unique jewellery, using found items and new. Whether the inspiration is a piece of it is sea glass jewellery inspired by strolls on the beach or a long forgotten charm, each piece is a our bracelets, earrings and necklaces are all works of art especially designed for you and with its own unique name. If you are looking for a "wow" reaction when you wear your newly acquired piece, you are sure to be pleased with your purchase. Most pieces can be worn as dressy or casual, many are adjustable in size or style and all are are made with care to ensure lasting satisfaction.

I do see improvement in some of the updated photos.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 09:35:50 pm »

You've done well too, Delightful Suds!  The way you have framed your store description so positively it is definitely an inviting and feel good shop!

I like the clarity you added re: quantity of listing.

I still think you need to use the iCraft Collections to offer buyers more ways to filter your products.  Some suggestions:
Fizzy Salts
Shaped Soaps
Facial cleaners
Citris Scents
Sweet Scents
Variety Sets
Samples
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, 09:40:36 pm »

I am excited to try my new props!  I spent $20 at the dollar store and will be experimenting soon!

Bootcamp is all about learning and sweating

I have to admit, the first bootcamp that covered SEO went RIGHT over my head.  It has taken a long time to gather what little more I have learned.  I am still greatly confused but I am pleased how far I have come and reading up and participating two ways with iCraft has given me that chance to learn and improve.

And, I would like to announce that instead of sweating it out, I have bled for this bootcamp!  Injured my pinky trying to catch one of my new light box lamps I just assembled from falling off the table because the cord didn't reach the outlet and I pulled too hard!  I missed.  It nicked my finger.  But the bulb didn't break.  YAY  Embarrassed
Silver Workshop

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, 09:48:44 pm »

Hi everyone,

I haven't got tons of things done since last night, but here's what I've got so far:

Banner changed (though now it might look too busy but it's an update - I love Fairy Cardmaker's suggestion about having a banner of my hands doing work)
Shipping description changed (fixed typo and clarified that brokerage fees are paid by recipient)
One listing change - rabbit necklace listing now only has pictures of one rabbit necklace

To do:

add oxidized in tags
add more products
expand store description and product descriptions, use keywords
expand custom items info
add more info regarding ring sizing
don't repeat title in description - fix that

I noticed that I also didn't get a list of tags/keywords, does that mean my keywords are on the right track?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:51:03 pm by Silver Workshop »
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2012, 09:50:09 pm »

I've entered Collections now...how many is too many?  I have 12 because I separated them into beaded, chain maille, hand stitched, and matching sets.

Red Rock Designs

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2012, 09:51:43 pm »

SILVER WORKSHOP!  Love the new avatar and the banner is AWESOME!
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, 09:56:11 pm »

I've entered Collections now...how many is too many?  I have 12 because I separated them into beaded, chain maille, hand stitched, and matching sets.

I just noticed, only 2 Collections titles show up on the left side...is there a way to expand this, or should I reduce to 2 collections?
JaJeJems

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 10:18:00 pm »

Here is what I've done:

Specialty rewritten
Store description rewritten twice - thanks for the additional idea Fairy Cardmaker - going to sleep on that
Shipping and refund policies rewritten
Some pictures lightened
Some titles and descriptions rewritten to include key words
Typos fixed (I hope)
Almost forgot the new banner! thanks for all the positive feedback on it

My to-do list
I would like to get all of the  titles and descriptions reworded to TRY to incorporate keywords - still not confident about using keywords but I am trying!
All pictures lightened and edited in the short-term, redo them as a long term goal

Time needed
I am aiming to have all the pictures lightened and titles done by Thursday (maybe Thursday night)
Pictures - I share Kat's sentiments about pictures, I am still not completely happy with the edited versions of the old pictures and I would like to work away at new ones with better lighting and no turtleneck, but that can wait until after Bootcamp!

I would like an opinion on the use of metric vs imperial measurements.  I notice that Silver Workshop uses metric which I think is great.  I can relate better to imperial for measurement - an age thing I guess - but since our customers are potentially international, should we be using both?

Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 10:20:33 pm »

Silver workshop,  Love your avatar and the banner is great!...............Kat
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 10:29:45 pm »

Silver Workshop, the new banner is nice.  I like that there is silver on the outsides and sort-of gradiating to colour in the middle.  You have a real design nack.

The avatar is instantaneously recognizable too.

Will comment more when you've had a chance to update.  (The rest of us had the weekend, so it's understandable you need more time!)
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2012, 10:34:38 pm »

I would like an opinion on the use of metric vs imperial measurements.  I notice that Silver Workshop uses metric which I think is great.  I can relate better to imperial for measurement - an age thing I guess - but since our customers are potentially international, should we be using both?

Absolutely use both!  I use inches AND centimetres in mine.  That was a suggestion I nabbed from Etsy a long time ago.  There was a debate about inches v. centimetres and pounds v. kilograms.  Strange in Canada that we are metric... yet we still measure our houses in square footage and not square metres like some European countries. <shrug>
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2012, 10:35:48 pm »

Red Rock, I see all your collections.  Must have just taken a minute to update.  Looks good!
JaJeJems

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2012, 10:40:26 pm »

Thanks Fairy C - more rewrites I guess.  I agree though, just didn't think about using both measurements before.

JaJeJems

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2012, 10:47:31 pm »

Silver Workshop - I love your banner - what a lovely display of your pieces!  I think the Avatar looks much better as well.  I know you are working away on your products - just looked at one, Chunky Red earrings, and I notice that you have repeated a phrase: "The porcelain beads are glazed different colours which makes each of them unique, they are about 13mm wide. They are about 13mm wide." 
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2012, 10:59:25 pm »

How are these props in the "more pictures"?

https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/29737/quilled-snails-i-love-you-card.php
https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/34846/western-birthday-card.php

I didn't put a "prop" picture first because then the product is too small in the store thumbnail.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2012, 11:06:22 pm »

Fairy Cardmaker, I think all your photos are great! Bright and nicely cropped. Having close-ups as a main shot helps people to see your products in detail even on small thumbnails. Your store looks great!  Grin
JaJeJems

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2012, 11:22:02 pm »

Fairy card maker those two photos are stunning!  Are you using your newly acquired equipment?   Noticed a typo in the snail card  - blank."inside"
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2012, 11:23:01 pm »

JaJeJems,

Your store description is perfect now!  Grin

You can specify both metric & imperial measurements in your product descriptions. Anything that helps your customers is good.

I'd suggest not to create so many collections - too many links can overwhelm people too. 7 is a magic number in usability - that's the number of single items human eye can focus on at the same time. I'd remove some collections. You already have a separate list for Men's products under "Ideal for..." section. So you don't need to list "Men's jewellery" under collections. Bracelets, Pendants, Necklaces, Earrings and Jewelry Sets are listed under Product Categories, so it's repetitive. Collections should be use to group products by Color, Style, Season etc., like your "Spring Collection".
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2012, 11:34:27 pm »

Hi Jewelry by Kat,

I have the same comment for you on your store collections. You use very lengthy names, so names wrap to another line and look a bit messy. I'd shorten those names, capitalize first letter and maybe combine some collections or remove some. Your collections also should have more than 2 items.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2012, 12:01:10 am »

Hi Fairy Cardmaker, 

Do you remember what keywords we used to optimized your store the first time?

I see that now you are using "Handmade Cards" as a main Phrase, which means you'll be competing with anyone who makes Handmade Cards. Its too generic and too competitive term! I think we need to find you something more specific (long-tail term) that's less competitive, but still describes your products.

There are a lot of good Phrases related to holidays and special occasions, which are good for individual product pages, like handmade valentine cards - 9,900 It's harder to find a Phrase that describes all your products, as you have cards for different occasions + die cuts.

What about "Personalized Greeting Cards" - 49,500 or "Personalised Greeting Cards"? This term has about 27,100 monthly global searches.... "Hand Made Cards" - 90,500 or "Hand Made Greeting Cards" - 18,100. Unfortunately, that's the exact spelling that you'd have to use.  Roll Eyes

Are all your cards blank inside?
"Blank Cards" is still very competitive term - 110,000, but "Blank Greeting Cards" is not. Searched by 6,600 people monthly.
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2012, 12:10:36 am »

I misunderstood what a collection is.  I made new ones..............Kat
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 12:33:40 am by Jewelry by Kat »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2012, 12:56:41 am »

Hi Silver Workshop,

I think your banner would look better with two close-up products on both sides, instead of four in the same size, as your product thumbnails. Separation lines don't work for me either, but it's just a personal opinion.  Roll Eyes

As for the Keywords....
Your Specialty starts with "Handmade Sterling Silver Jewelry", very long term, but it still gets 1,300 monthly views. I'd keep it, but optimize your store description for it, which means you'd have to incorporate this Phrase into your first sentence in your store description. Then repeat variations of that Phrase and a few related terms in the copy as well. But please add a lot more copy before stuffing Keywords into your page!

For this product https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/34825/silver-and-leather-bracelet-adjustable.php, I'd reverse words.   
"Silver and Leather Bracelet"is the term that gets 3,600 searches, so that the term you should optimize your page for. Adjustable should be added at the end of your Title, like this "Silver and Leather Bracelet, Adjustable". Then re-write your description to incorporate your main term. Something like this would work "The silver leaf and vine pattern for this silver and leather bracelet were created by hand using silver metal clay." That's what would make your page beter optimized for this specific Phrase ""Silver and Leather Bracelet".

Another good term "Flower Band Ring" - 720, which you already using on this product - https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/34562/flower-band-ring-sterling-silver-size-6-5.php, so just incorporate that exact term in the first sentence of your product description.

For this product https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/34655/bird-necklace-sterling-silver-necklace-choker.php I'd use different Phrase, as "Silver Bird Chocker" has 0 searches.

I'd use "Silver Necklace Choker" with 4,400 searches instead. So your Title would then read like this "Silver Necklace Choker, Silver Bird & Black Egg Necklace". Again, make sure you mention  "Silver Necklace Choker" in the first sentence as well.

Overall your Titles and Product Descriptions are good with pretty descriptive Terms in Titles. I'd just add more copy to all pages.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2012, 01:45:26 am »

Hi Red Rock Designs,

I'd say 6-7 Collections is probably enough for the store. Oh, there was probably a small system delay with showing your Collections. I see them all now. I would not suggest to create very specific collections with only 2-3 products. I'd combine all Chain Maille products under "Chain Maille Jewelry" and all Hand Stitched bracelets and Hand Stitched rings into "Hand stitched Jewelry".

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2012, 04:18:39 am »

Bibi, please give me an example where you think you overused keywords.

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2012, 04:30:29 am »

Fairy Cardmaker, happy to hear you feel like you are learning something new with this Bootcamp!

I would like to announce that instead of sweating it out, I have bled for this bootcamp!

Sweat, blood and tears... Sounds like we are delivering on the Bootcamp promiss. Ha ha
Btw, your heroic efforts are greatly appreciated! And hopefully will pay off too Cool
Silver Workshop

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2012, 06:42:46 am »

Thanks for all your input admin, I'll work on that tonight. Have a good day everyone,

Andree
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2012, 08:25:11 am »

Bibi, please give me an example where you think you overused keywords.

This one: https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/29828/mens-box-chain-maille-bracelet-in-copper.php

I feel like I repeat chain maille bracelet too many times...unless that's the point?!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2012, 03:19:52 pm »

Red Rock Designs, what Keywords you are trying to optimize this page for?
Delightful Suds

« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2012, 03:45:58 pm »

Admin, is it really important to have collections?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2012, 04:40:01 pm »

If they can help your users to find related products, Yes.
If you struggle creating collections and not sure what to put together, then No.
Silver Workshop

« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2012, 05:14:06 pm »

Thanks JaJeJems and everyone else for your comments! JaJeJems, I just fixed the error, thank you. And admin, I changed my banner again to have just 2 pictures, one on either sides of the logo. It was quite a challenge to fit items in that space, I thought of ditching the logo but I think it's ok.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2012, 05:22:01 pm »

Hi Silver Workshop,

I like your banner with 2 products more and without a border that I saw a min ago. I thought it looked more open. I like the pear on the right , but image on the left has hard shadow. I'd personally choose another product shot. Again, just my personal feelings, not a requirement, so don't stress too much over the banner.  Cheesy

Btw, the banner width can be 713 px, so you have some space left to use.
Silver Workshop

« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2012, 08:39:46 pm »

Hi admin,

I'm not sure which one you meant so I just changed it back to something like I had yesterday. I used all the width and I think it probably works better. Any thoughts?
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2012, 08:48:46 pm »

In the past, you had suggested I use specific occasions as keywords, which is why there is a laundry list of occasions in the second paragraph of my store description.  The only way I see around it is to specialize in a niche and here's what I can think of:
Focus on a single occasion (no card shop does that!) OR
Focus on a single style:
  • Quilled cards
  • handstamped cards
  • paper pieced or die cut cards
OR
Focus on a target audience:
  • dog lovers
  • homosexual cards (my lesbian and gay wedding and anniversary cards have sold well on Etsy but haven't made it to iCraft yet)
  • babies and children
  • offices (I considered making the kinds of cards that get passed around the office for showers, birthdays, retirements, etc.)

These are what I found.  I really don't understand the "low, medium, high" descriptions because sometimes when the numbers are low, the description still says high competition.
handmade cards: competition high: global monthly searches 201,000
homemade cards: competition medium: global monthly searches 110,000
home made cards: competition medium: global monthly searches 90,500
hand made cards: competition high: global monthly searches 90,500
handmade greeting cards: competition high: global monthly searches 22,200
hand made greeting cards: competition high: global monthly searches 18,100
quilled cards: competition medium: global monthly searches 8,100
paper quilled cards: competition medium: global monthly searches 1,600
homosexual cards: zero
lesbian cards: competition high: global monthly searches 3,600
gay cards: competition high: global monthly searches 18,100
handstamped cards: competition medium: global monthly searches 390
hand stamped cards: competition medium: global monthly searches 590
paper pieced cards: competition medium: global monthly searches 91
masculine cards: competition medium: global monthly searches 1,500

My preliminary conclusion:
I don't want to be ultra-specialized.
Use hand made greeting cards for my over all shop.
Reduce the collections in my shop because the holiday's & occasions are already covered in the iCraft settings.
Use some of the above keywords to make my collections like:
quilled cards
gay cards
hand stamped cards

What do you think?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 09:12:10 pm by Fairy Cardmaker »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2012, 12:05:32 am »

Hi Silver Workshop,

I like all-width banner. It looks good, but I though this exact banner but with only 2 products was better. Pear on the right looked nice, I just wasn't crazy about the choice of image on the left (the one you had with bunny rabbit ears). And don't add border either. It's better without border I think. Sorry, probably confusing you again.  Roll Eyes
Silver Workshop

« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2012, 06:44:42 am »

Ok, I put the apple back in (I think it was the apple, not the pear) and put a gemstone necklace on the other side. I only have a few pictures that will work in that space but I'll have more pieces in a couple of weeks and more pictures so I'll work on it some more then.
JaJeJems

« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2012, 07:57:10 am »

Hi Andree

I didn't see all of your drafts but your current banner looks great- I like the way the chains come out of the title on either side!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2012, 02:14:11 pm »

Hi Andree,
Yes, this version of the banner is the best one! Great use of space and the connecting chains is a nice touch. What do you think?
Silver Workshop

« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2012, 04:08:08 pm »

Thanks for the feedback you two! I'm not totally happy with it but like you said, I think it works for now. I'll play around with it in a couple of weeks when I have new pictures.
Delightful Suds

« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2012, 06:00:37 pm »

nice improvement Silver Workshop!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2012, 06:10:52 pm »

Well, you need to be happy with your banner too, no matter what we think of it  Roll Eyes
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2012, 07:22:26 pm »

Hi Kat,
I want to show you a banner idea we had for your new Crafts store. Let me know when you are ready to see it and I'll upload it for you.
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2012, 07:41:12 pm »

ready
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2012, 07:45:21 pm »

ok, give me a min Smiley
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2012, 07:49:01 pm »

Have a look now. We thought you already use image of cats in your Avatar, which is cute. So maybe a close up of the crocheted blanket would be a better choice for the banner? What do you think?
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2012, 07:51:05 pm »

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Kat
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2012, 07:53:59 pm »

Perfect! Me too.  Grin
I think blue blanket works really well with your blue cats in Avatar.

If anyone else needs help with the banner, let me know.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 7 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Status Update
Jump to:  
Click