Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 7 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Status Update
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Author

Day 7 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Status Update

Red Rock Designs

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2012, 03:38:01 pm »

Fairy Cardmaker, I agree with JaJeJems....lookin good.  I love the description (since I don't know anything about paper type). And the close-ups for the main page really stand out...kudos!
JaJeJems

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2012, 04:06:46 pm »

hi Bibi - just had a look at your page. I already commented on your stunning banner and your description looks great.  One little grammer mistake that I saw "These aluminum rings are hypoallergenic, does not " - think it should be "do not".  You too have been busy!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:28:07 pm by JaJeJems »
Delightful Suds

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2012, 06:56:03 pm »

Hi,
I've removed some products and added new ones.
I changed some phrases in my store description.
I've started to add "bundle" items (more coming later)
I've added the phrase "Natural Handmade Soap" to all my soaps since it's so popular in the search engine
I've specified on all my products how many they're getting

I think that's it (unless I'm forgetting something), but I'm good for now and ready for the next step.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2012, 09:11:37 pm »

Thanks, JaJe and Red Rock!  The feedback I got from a buyer's view from you guys is invaluable!

Red Rock, I mentioned already that I like your new avatar and banner - both instantaneously recognizable - but I didn't mention this: I like that you mirrored the colours.  Even though the pictures are different, they are still tied in!

Your store description is MUCH better and I did not know any of this before:
"... and Anodized Aluminum (coloured) rings. These aluminum rings are hypoallergenic, does not tarnish easily and are very light weight (weighing less than silver). These rings are easy to work with and can be cleaned with hot soapy water. "

I'm especially glad it appears before the "read more" link because hypoallergenic is a huge selling point for me (this is why I don't wear jewellery).  Also, since I don't wear jewellery, the idea of cleaning it never came to mind.  Good to know chain maille is easy to clean!  Fantastic additions to the shop and gets keywords in more fluidly too.

(one booboo - the little typo that JaJe caught"

« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:13:22 pm by Fairy Cardmaker »
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2012, 09:24:58 pm »

Jaje, I like the intrigue of your new banner!

The rearrangement of your store description is great.  I would put at least one keyword in that first paragraph though - even though I know you have been waiting for some optimized suggestions from iCraft.

Here's my hand at it.  See what you like and tweak:

Janis and Jessica are the mother/daughter team behind the name JaJeJems! Together they are working to create a line of truly unique jewellery, using found items and new. Whether the inspiration is a piece of it is sea glass jewellery inspired by strolls on the beach or a long forgotten charm, each piece is a our bracelets, earrings and necklaces are all works of art especially designed for you and with its own unique name. If you are looking for a "wow" reaction when you wear your newly acquired piece, you are sure to be pleased with your purchase. Most pieces can be worn as dressy or casual, many are adjustable in size or style and all are are made with care to ensure lasting satisfaction.

I do see improvement in some of the updated photos.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 09:35:50 pm »

You've done well too, Delightful Suds!  The way you have framed your store description so positively it is definitely an inviting and feel good shop!

I like the clarity you added re: quantity of listing.

I still think you need to use the iCraft Collections to offer buyers more ways to filter your products.  Some suggestions:
Fizzy Salts
Shaped Soaps
Facial cleaners
Citris Scents
Sweet Scents
Variety Sets
Samples
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, 09:40:36 pm »

I am excited to try my new props!  I spent $20 at the dollar store and will be experimenting soon!

Bootcamp is all about learning and sweating

I have to admit, the first bootcamp that covered SEO went RIGHT over my head.  It has taken a long time to gather what little more I have learned.  I am still greatly confused but I am pleased how far I have come and reading up and participating two ways with iCraft has given me that chance to learn and improve.

And, I would like to announce that instead of sweating it out, I have bled for this bootcamp!  Injured my pinky trying to catch one of my new light box lamps I just assembled from falling off the table because the cord didn't reach the outlet and I pulled too hard!  I missed.  It nicked my finger.  But the bulb didn't break.  YAY  Embarrassed
Silver Workshop

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, 09:48:44 pm »

Hi everyone,

I haven't got tons of things done since last night, but here's what I've got so far:

Banner changed (though now it might look too busy but it's an update - I love Fairy Cardmaker's suggestion about having a banner of my hands doing work)
Shipping description changed (fixed typo and clarified that brokerage fees are paid by recipient)
One listing change - rabbit necklace listing now only has pictures of one rabbit necklace

To do:

add oxidized in tags
add more products
expand store description and product descriptions, use keywords
expand custom items info
add more info regarding ring sizing
don't repeat title in description - fix that

I noticed that I also didn't get a list of tags/keywords, does that mean my keywords are on the right track?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:51:03 pm by Silver Workshop »
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2012, 09:50:09 pm »

I've entered Collections now...how many is too many?  I have 12 because I separated them into beaded, chain maille, hand stitched, and matching sets.

Red Rock Designs

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2012, 09:51:43 pm »

SILVER WORKSHOP!  Love the new avatar and the banner is AWESOME!
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, 09:56:11 pm »

I've entered Collections now...how many is too many?  I have 12 because I separated them into beaded, chain maille, hand stitched, and matching sets.

I just noticed, only 2 Collections titles show up on the left side...is there a way to expand this, or should I reduce to 2 collections?
JaJeJems

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 10:18:00 pm »

Here is what I've done:

Specialty rewritten
Store description rewritten twice - thanks for the additional idea Fairy Cardmaker - going to sleep on that
Shipping and refund policies rewritten
Some pictures lightened
Some titles and descriptions rewritten to include key words
Typos fixed (I hope)
Almost forgot the new banner! thanks for all the positive feedback on it

My to-do list
I would like to get all of the  titles and descriptions reworded to TRY to incorporate keywords - still not confident about using keywords but I am trying!
All pictures lightened and edited in the short-term, redo them as a long term goal

Time needed
I am aiming to have all the pictures lightened and titles done by Thursday (maybe Thursday night)
Pictures - I share Kat's sentiments about pictures, I am still not completely happy with the edited versions of the old pictures and I would like to work away at new ones with better lighting and no turtleneck, but that can wait until after Bootcamp!

I would like an opinion on the use of metric vs imperial measurements.  I notice that Silver Workshop uses metric which I think is great.  I can relate better to imperial for measurement - an age thing I guess - but since our customers are potentially international, should we be using both?

Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 10:20:33 pm »

Silver workshop,  Love your avatar and the banner is great!...............Kat
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 10:29:45 pm »

Silver Workshop, the new banner is nice.  I like that there is silver on the outsides and sort-of gradiating to colour in the middle.  You have a real design nack.

The avatar is instantaneously recognizable too.

Will comment more when you've had a chance to update.  (The rest of us had the weekend, so it's understandable you need more time!)
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2012, 10:34:38 pm »

I would like an opinion on the use of metric vs imperial measurements.  I notice that Silver Workshop uses metric which I think is great.  I can relate better to imperial for measurement - an age thing I guess - but since our customers are potentially international, should we be using both?

Absolutely use both!  I use inches AND centimetres in mine.  That was a suggestion I nabbed from Etsy a long time ago.  There was a debate about inches v. centimetres and pounds v. kilograms.  Strange in Canada that we are metric... yet we still measure our houses in square footage and not square metres like some European countries. <shrug>
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 7 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Status Update
Jump to:  
Click