Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 3 Assignment Checkout
Pages: 1 2 [All]
Author

Day 3 Assignment Checkout

PillowThrowDecor

« on: May 21, 2009, 02:29:44 am »

I am so impressed!!! Super activity and the motivation here is awesome!
Christine
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 08:31:56 am »

I agree Christine, everyone is doing a fabulous job with this!

OK, I have to leave for work but I've made 2 new listings for lampwork beads in my iCraft shop, and a new listing on Craigslist and Kijiji.

The rest I'll do when I get home later this afternoon...whew.

Have a great day everyone!
mountaindreamers

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 07:06:55 pm »

I listed two more items , still need to do Craigslist , 3 of me would be good. ; ) Laura
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 08:09:20 pm »

Listed 3 new items.
Updated 6 items.
Tweeted again about seller's bootcamp

Hopefully tomorrow I can do some ads! I have one on CraigsLIst but no responses yet. :-)
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 08:51:18 pm »

Time to read the article now...getting a little behind but I'll catch up on the weekend.

I had a response from an ad on Craigslist but I think it was a spammer...wanting to purchase my item if I would send my Paypal address.  I directed him/her to my website for purchase and payment...nothing.

Oh well...
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 09:05:54 pm »

Done reading the blog posts and listing a new item.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 09:05:56 pm »

Man alive I'm gonna be roadkill with this group!

I have been zooming around but not finishing my homework Sad  When my husband gets home from work I do ask him "how many cards did you get out there today dear???" I can't believe that I am so lucky to have such a sweetheart (my highschool sweetheart but with 32 year intermission)  Smiley

HOWEVER.... my big event today was stopping in at a buddy's office. I went to see her on another matter and she asked what was I up to these days since retiring. I remembered to pull my card out... she was thrilled!  I gave her another 12 so she could hand out around the office and she is going to put me in her October newsletter. She's a realtor and has probably  2500 + mailing list. I said I would offer a draw for it. I think I need to drop off some samples for her as Realtors do get involved with home decor A LOT! I was a Realtor for 26years and I taught more then half of them in my area.  So of course I am thinking I should "farm" Realtors.  I am going to play with monogramming and embroidery so that I can write " Welcome Home from Susie Realtor" somewhere descretely or something... any ideas anybody?  

I am thinking of some "extreme marketing" ideas!  Realtors give gifts! ... not just when the client moves in but also at Christmas.  Realtors LOVE Samples.  Drop some samples off with the "shooters"... those are the top 15% that make 85% of the money.  Think of a way you can get THEIR NAME on your item so that the buyer, to whom the gift is given, will never forget the name of the realtor that gave it. Tell them you'll save them the time and the anquish of Christmas shopping.  they'll really like that!!!

I would have been a sucker for that kind of stuff and I spent huge dollars on client appreciation gifts!!!

Cheers

Christine
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 09:10:42 pm »

Gosh, Christine, your Realtor target market is fabulous. I agree - keep brainstorming!! I love the "welcome home from susie realtor" one. That is genius. Keep us posted on that.
Mostly Sundays

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 09:42:50 pm »

Managed to post a new listing and do a listing on Craig's list and Kijiji.
Still have to do 2 new sites.
Didn't get into the buy & Sell - can I still do that?
I don't get how to do a link to site...can someone help!!!

Finally have a day off from work and kid's baseball to catch up and figure out the computer stuff...Huh
feel like I'm way behind everybody....

karen
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 09:47:17 pm »

Karen,

Those listings are a great start!

I might be able to help with the links...what are you trying to link your iCraft shop to?

Even though there are 10 on the Buy and Sell you can still join in...read the rules, have a look in the shops, and make a purchase from one of them.  Then update the store list, taking the store you bought from off the list and adding yours.  Then someone else who wants on the list will have the opportunity to buy you off.

Gillian
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 09:52:32 pm »

I'm behind you 100%... Yes I support you in your Bootcamp endevours but I really am behind you... I'm probably the most behindest of everybody.  I wake up in the morning and just shake my head wondering... Gawwwwd and now I have to get dressed....who was the dummy that thought marching around with business cards was such a good idea?   :roll: don't worry about being behind... Skip some ad stuff if you can save some time that way.

It will lighten up a bit... I promise Smiley
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, 09:58:13 pm »

LOL, I was just thinking that Day 3 of a new diet or exercise program is always the hardest!!
Mostly Sundays

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2009, 10:46:51 pm »

You guys are awesome - helpful and supportive...

Gillian - I guess I at least need to set up a blog to link my icraft stoe to..I had to go back and read day 2 assignment again.... I guess I could link it to the contest blog?Huh not a computer genius here obviously!

Christine - this bootcamp is great - I've learned so much already!
I love it!!!!

Day 3 of this diet is challenging - LOL
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2009, 11:03:43 pm »

i found the cashews my dear husband hid... took 2 steps back today.
The Gifted Nest

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2009, 11:17:54 pm »

Good evening
Not quite done with today's assignments but will continue tomorrow... Cheers!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 11:22:55 pm »

Did less today, but doing SOMEthing is better than nothing!
The Knitting Lady

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 11:26:01 pm »

Hi!
I've updated my listings in terms of prices, pictures and descriptions. Thank you for tips Christine!
Craft Boutique

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 11:42:09 pm »

This all is so exciting and so inspiring!
I listed a new item, updated my store, and guess what - got a sale!
Thank you Christine for strategies and wise guidence!
Talk to you tomorrow!
StudioduSoleil

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2009, 12:46:50 am »

Gah, it was a bit of a frustrating day. I will not be getting an item listed today, but I'll try to double up soon! Every ad I've made to Google Base has been rejected, the others places have all been good. I have no idea what I've done wrong...maybe it's the CAN$$?

I did the reading earlier in the day and as I stated in my other post sent a business card off to the Panasonic repair centre in ON. I've posted 3 ads. I'm taking a notebook to bed to brainstorm my pros on iCraft and for shopkeeping (in lieu of a listing) I'm going to revamp my profile and announcements so I'm brainstorming those as well.

Hope everyone's day is going well! Will check in tomorrow!!
iCraft Admin

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2009, 12:54:54 am »

Quote from: StudioduSoleil
Every ad I've made to Google Base has been rejected, the others places have all been good. I have no idea what I've done wrong...maybe it's the CAN$$?
quote]

FYI, all your new and recently submitted products are automatically posted on Google Base. From our experience, most products that they reject are those that have special characters like **** or ------ or ~~~~  embedded in the Product Title or Product Description.
StudioduSoleil

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2009, 01:04:57 am »

Quote from: "iCraft Admin"

FYI, all your new and recently submitted products are automatically posted on Google Base. From our experience, most products that they reject are those that have special characters like **** or ------ or ~~~~  embedded in the Product Title or Product Description.

Wow, thank you! I was feeling a little down (it's been a day), so it's good to know that it was probably the characters!! I'm glad the items are auto-posted (thank you iCraft!!), I can now add a different venue to my 3 and make my time more valuable!!
Zs Knees

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2009, 03:55:47 am »

Well, I'm exhausted but feel like I got some things done, so hooray!:)

~ Read most of the articles, will finish tomorrow. A funny thing happens when I read much about marketing... I realize that what I'm doing here is not Making Cool Stuff And Getting To Be Creative, it's ...Sales. Then the clouds gather and I question the whole project. But it's ok, I'm committed, I'm sticking it out:)

~ Posted to craigslist (no problems this time-- I must've done something wrong last night, I was tired)

~ Discovered youcraft.com (from Day 1 list) and love it! I really recommend it. Posted one ad.

~ Did a bunch of shopkeeping, including removing one item. It needed more than a tweak to get it where I wanted it, so that's that.

~ Listed a new item Cheesy  That always makes me happy. Even if the photos (which I used every light in the house for) look like they were taken in the closet of a dungeon... I'll try to improve them later.

Sleep well everyone, I know I will!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2009, 04:15:05 am »

You all are amazing!

I am so proud of you all that you have been so diligent in getting homework done! Awesome.

Cheers

Christine
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2009, 03:46:29 pm »

Hmmm.  this willhave to be a topic we revisit again for those that haven't set up or have one but not diligent about updating.  It is so important...
So why haven't I done mine I wonder.  Man alive you are a tough bunch to keep up with .

Cheers

Christine
Pages: 1 2 [All]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 3 Assignment Checkout
Jump to:  
Click