Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 1 - Check out Assignments Done
Pages: [1] 2  All
Author

Day 1 - Check out Assignments Done

PillowThrowDecor

« on: May 19, 2009, 03:15:23 am »

At the end of your day let us know if you got it done or almost done.  Be brief or be bold and tell us how you made out getting through your list.

Cheers

Christine Skaley Reid
PillowThrowDecor
Luxury Handmade Originals
https://icraftgifts.com/pillowthrowdecor

Ps.  does your Outlook email signature look like this?  Smiley
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 08:06:40 am »

I got it mostly done....still need to clarify goals, etc.
Craft Boutique

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 08:42:46 am »

Hello,
Ohhhh, this is too early for me. I am just going to work. Have to do my assignments later this evening and report probably after dinner. I haven't done anything yet, but I am planning! This looks like fun!  Tongue
The Gifted Nest

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 10:31:14 am »

Almost done. Some very good tips and advice. Thank you so much. Instead of listing on Craigslist, I've placed a few ads on Kijiji. I'm still figuring out the smartflyer.ca site. I think theyre asking $20/mth to promote your business. Am I reading it wrong? Till next time... Cheers!! Smiley
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 10:34:18 am »

I'm certain to post your business listing is free.  Maybe sign out  and then sign in again and I think in the upper right hand corner there is a button that says post FREE AD
mountaindreamers

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 05:47:49 pm »

I fixed my email, and listed another item, working on craigslist , surprised this AM wiht 4 Etsy sales , that is inspiring. ; ) Laura
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 08:10:23 pm »

DONE
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 08:54:01 pm »

With a weary eye (been a long work day) I went through your list and looked at 3 things:

SmartFlyer - I knew it was for Canada but I wondered if I could promote to Canada through it. Don't think it would work for a US seller.

CraigsList - read rules, regs, how-tos and I would need to deliver locally rather than do an online thing. They do not allow online sellers (other than selling individual items locally). Although I do sell to local people, I don't think that is for me as I am skittish of meeting unknown people for delivery. I am still thinking about how to position this.

HOWEVER, I got a lot out of the BOOTCAMP GOALS - they made me think. I thoughtfully answered them for planning for these 28 days!

And, I made a committment to blog posts these 28 days, starting with one about the iCraft Sellers Bootcamp.
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 09:05:16 pm »

Amost done...

still looking into a local business listing and am working on my goals...
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 09:10:15 pm »

Awesome job everyone!

I'll list a few more on Craigslist over the next few days...is there any way of telling how many views a listing has had? I'm new to Craigslist.

The free aspect of SmartFlyer seems to be to post a coupon, or discount.  I did that this morning...still pending approval from their admin.

I'm lovin' the new signature line with my shop attached!

Have a great night all!
Gillian
StudioduSoleil

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 12:39:55 am »

Quote from: "GalleriaLinda"

And, I made a committment to blog posts these 28 days, starting with one about the iCraft Sellers Bootcamp.

What a great idea! I have a blog that I haven't really gone anywhere with but I think that blogging about Sellers Bootcamp may be just the thing!
StudioduSoleil

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 12:46:32 am »

Nearing the end of the day for me! I have some photos to upload, hopefully I'll be able to create another listing tonight if some photos are decent. Then I just need to look further into SmartFlyer and finalize my goals, I've been brainstorming on them through the day.

I found that I had a large amount of creative energy/spirit today and started a few bracelets and sketched out a few pendant ideas for after the baby comes and I can solder without worrying about the little ones development. I'm wondering if anyone else felt the same?

Off to finish my assignments and looking forward to tomorrow!!
The Knitting Lady

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 01:07:33 am »

I found a place on Craigslist for Toronto area “Arts and Crafts” listings.
http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/art/  or this one https://post.craigslist.org/tor/S/art/
My ad is there now http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/art/1179757059.html Smiley
iCraft Admin

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 01:42:09 am »

Well, I think it's safe to say that the first day of Sellers' Bootcamp was a success. I see many have done their homework. And even if it's one thing that you've managed to do today, that's still great! That's more than nothing, and that’s a start.

I just wanted to say that we are here to support you, so please let us know if we can do anything else to make things easier for you.

Looking forward to tomorrow! Thanks everyone!  Tongue
kimbuktu

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 07:35:41 am »

Okay,  I am behind, but enjoying this anyway.

I set up my gmail account and my signature lines for email.

That took all the time I have today.  Thank you for this bootcamp.  I am sure we will all get something out of it.
Pages: [1] 2  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 1 - Check out Assignments Done
Jump to:  
Click