Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 15 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Blogging Part 3
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Author

Day 15 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Blogging Part 3

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: October 12, 2012, 02:34:13 am »

Today's Assignment is for everyone to finish their work on their blog posts, polish them and post links below for everyone to comment on them. At the end of the day, I'd like to see a review of all 6 posts from all of you.

• What did you think about the story line? Could it be improved?
  • Did you feel like you got to know the person the blog post was about? Was anything missing in the story that you wished was there?
  • What did you think of the post Title? Did it make you want to read the post?
  • Are there any spelling mistakes?
  • Any other feedback you have.
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 04:43:32 am »

https://icraftgifts.com/blog/there-is-magic-in-that-silver-405.php
Silver Workshop

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 06:41:35 am »

Here's mine: http://www.silverworkshop.ca/beaded-charm-bracelets-cha-cha-bracelets-jewelry-by-kat
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 10:33:36 am »

Hi Kat,  your link doesn't work...it says not found....
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 11:09:12 am »

ok, all fixed up...photos have links and I've included Marta as creator, instead of saying "they".

http://redrockdesigns.tumblr.com/post/33363886546/natural-handmade-soap-for-all-skin-types

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 11:13:30 am »

Kat's link should work now, as I had to approve her post first. https://icraftgifts.com/blog/there-is-magic-in-that-silver-405.php

Unfortunately, I can't publish unfinished work, as it will be visible to all site visitors and re-tweeted multiple times, so I had to fix up a few things in the post. Kat, if you look at your post, you'll see that I've added one product shot and aligned images to right and left margins to make copy flow better.

Anyway, you can all critique Kat's writing now.  Wink

Thanks for making changes, Red Rock Designs!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 11:52:56 am by iCraft Admin »
Silver Workshop

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 12:24:32 pm »

Well, it appears that my site is down but hopefully it won't be for long  Sad.

Kat, considering I had already read and commented on your blog it's hard for me to add much except I think the page looks great (I hadn't seen that before). I think you did a great job talking about me as a person, something that can be a challenge:).

Red Rock Designs: I love how you used Delightful Suds' banner and pictures together, it creates a "feel" to the page.  I like the title and story line. It would have been nice to learn how Marta got into soap making (to get to know her better) but maybe that would have been too long a blog. You did focus a lot on her products and how they're made and that's the priority. I also like that you experienced the product yourself, makes me want to get some:). Nice writing too!
JaJeJems

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 04:34:35 pm »

No I haven't left the country - may have thought about it a couple of times today though!  Admin, I am doing my blog on my icraft blog.  Is there a way to preview it so that I can check if my links are live?
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 04:54:45 pm »

After you hit draft there is a purple magnifing glass-preview...........Kat
JaJeJems

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 06:43:25 pm »

Thanks Kat for the information - that helped a lot!  Admin I have published my blog.  I had a couple of questions for Fairy C and I am waiting to hear from her before it goes public.  I know that you have to review it first anyway.  Thanks, Janis
JaJeJems

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 06:53:44 pm »

Kat I just had a look at your blog and I think that it looks really good.  I especially love your title - yes it did make me want to read more.  I thought that you gave a good resume of Andree's background and I liked the added picture of her.  I felt that I got to know her better through your description - funny thing but she isn't at all what I expected!  I did notice one little spelling error or typo in the second paragraph where you said "her shop come"  I think it should be comes.  I would say that you have come a long way Miss Kat from those little short descriptions of the past.  Well done!
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 06:56:02 pm »

Thanks JaJeJems!
JaJeJems

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 07:05:59 pm »

Hi Bibi;

I have just had a look at your blog on Delightful Suds.  It looks very good.  LIke someone else said I also like your use of her banner at the top of the page. The pictures really stand out where you have place them and surrounded by white they look like they are floating!  Good descriptions of the products.  I like the title and it fits the piece that you have written. It was a nice touch to give some personal information about Marta at the end which helps us to know her a bit better but doesn't take away from the main theme of the piece.  I also liked that you told us about your own experience with her products - that will inspire confidence in potential customers!  I checked all of your links to her products and they worked and I couldn't find even one spelling mistake!  Great job!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 07:26:27 pm »

Hi JaJeJems,

Yes, please don't leave the country until we finish this Bootcamp.  Wink
One more week to go and then you are off the hook.

There are multiple links and icons, as Kat mentioned, to preview your blog post.
I'll review your post shortly. Did you get any photos from Lisa? It would be nice to include her photo in the post too.
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 07:53:22 pm »

Andree, Silver work shop, Great story of me Jewelry by Kat.  The story line was good and detailed.  You get to know me and my techniques. Ending good.  The title could be more catchy......Kat

Red Rock,  Beautiful piece, very well explained.  At first I thought you forgot to link to her shop, but those beautiful pictures are great!  Ending good.  No spelling errors.  .....Kat
Pages: [1] 2 3  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 15 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Blogging Part 3
Jump to:  
Click