Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  dAY 17 IMPORTANT QUESTION #2
Pages: 1 2 [All]
Author

dAY 17 IMPORTANT QUESTION #2

PillowThrowDecor

« on: June 04, 2009, 05:36:29 am »

What do you think about Bootcamp ADVANCED?  Advanced activities would be setting up a blog and actively running it, doing videos and loading them your store or on YouTube. Setting up a web site primarily as a redirect, getting wholesale accounts, press releases, labelling pictures for better SEO, more cross promotion beyond Kaboodle, understanding Google trend reports, business planning, client data management
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 02:03:35 pm »

Y - E - S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!!

Yes, yes, yes!!!

*stands in line to be the first*
mountaindreamers

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 05:42:36 pm »

sounds good, my head may explode but I would give it a try Wink Laura
Trish

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 06:12:01 pm »

In hopes that maybe the pace would slow down a tad, maybe I could keep up better....I know I haven't done everything in the bootcamp I'm in now...sigh...

Would jump in and hope to keep up!

Trish
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 06:37:19 pm »

Oh Trish, I have never done a full day's assigments. I am happy to get 1 or 2 done and am happy with that. I find that the consistency of doing "something" is really helping!
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 09:15:26 pm »

I'd love a Bootcamp advanced!!
Bring it on!!!
caralyn forstar

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 09:18:43 pm »

I am so far behind I think I need to repeat this one, I'm still looking for the list to critique the person 5 above. I feel enough guilt about not doing what I need to do for me, I don't want to let someone else down. I know the couple comments I got early on helped me see a little of what someone new sees looking at my site. I'm still trying to get photos redone acceptably, the guide is helping I've always been a little challenged w/ cameras, now I don't have to pay to print the bad ones just delete, much better. On the positive side this may work on some unknown level, I have had 3 rush jobs one for a woman who just found out she has breast cancer, the others for gifts to be given this weekend by clients I enjoy creating with and want to keep. So maybe the exercises(and they are great)are incredibly helpful, just thinking about it more and talking to others, is working a magic.  Even  not completing many of the tasks this had been wonderful. I hope you will leave the posts on site for a long time let there be access to the records of the assignments and the replies, some of the posts on how others viewed and completed them is another valuable way of understanding the challenges . And if you do begining II sign me up. To let there be access to the records of the assignments
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 10:12:47 pm »

Does there need to be a separate advanced bootcamp?  Why not just throw ONE advanced technique in to the mix of daily assignments?  When I used to do Pilates classes, there was alway sthe beginner form, the medium form, and the advance from to the same exercise/move.  We could borrow that idea, no?
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 10:15:37 pm »

Caralyn:
On the left side menu of the community section of iCraft, there is a seller's bootcamp link.  It takes you to this page:
https://icraftgifts.com/sellers_bootcamp.php

Scroll down.
There is a "list" of bootcampers in the form of their AVATARS!  It's not a text list of shop names.  Maybe that's what's throwing you?
Zs Knees

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 12:59:11 am »

Not sure if I'm ready for all that fancy stuff, but I'm definitely up for trying. The thought of videotaping me working (one of me sewing on the floor in my underwear perhaps?) was good for a laugh!
StudioduSoleil

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 01:10:08 am »

Quote from: "Ensorcelled Minds"
Does there need to be a separate advanced bootcamp?  Why not just throw ONE advanced technique in to the mix of daily assignments?  When I used to do Pilates classes, there was alway sthe beginner form, the medium form, and the advance from to the same exercise/move.  We could borrow that idea, no?

I like the analogy!
StudioduSoleil

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 01:13:47 am »

As I mentioned in the daily thread, I think I need to pass on advanced bootcamp but I'd like to follow along with reading to take it at my own pace. With the babe coming in September, I think that I need to take a step back and work on just applying the routines that I've learned these 17 days without tackling too many new things!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 01:47:24 am »

Hey Studio ... I'm with you... I need to do more of the basic things too.

In the real world... like when bootcamp is over ... you would be wise to eliminate some of the various activities and focus on maybe three.  The beauty of bootcamp is to expose yourself to all the different marketing opportunities.to determine where you can find the right kind of buyer for your product.

Like Carolayn said... just chatting about her business has brought her business! If that works why would you need to tweet, blog or Oodle Kaboodle???

Anyways I love all the varied comments.  You all have no idea how helpful they are for me!

[/u]
Beajoux

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 10:07:37 pm »

I really love the idea of bootcamp and I want to do the best I can, but I need to make sure I can make it through "basic training" before considering the advanced level. Cheesy

I liked the idea about mixing in an advanced task for those up for the challenge, though.

Ainsley
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 11:57:04 am »

I like the idea of Advanced Bootcamp.  I'm very interested in some of the things you mentionned, but not so much in others.  So I would pick and choose which things I did (time being a significant issue for me).  But I like the idea of mixing beginner, intermediate and advanced activites in one Bootcamp.  Could that work?  Or could we have several different Advanced Bootcamps that specialize a bit more, so that some people select the ones that are of interest to them while others might choose them all?  

I think that it is critical for us to take what was started with bootcamp and continue forward with that momentum.  We need to do it individually for our own shops, but also as a collective I think.  As a group, we add up to more than just the sum of our individual efforts.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 12:08:47 pm »

Really good comments!  Keep them coming.  What were some of the things that looked most interesting in the advanced?
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2009, 12:16:38 pm »

I think that it is critical for us to take what was started with bootcamp and continue forward with that momentum. We need to do it individually for our own shops, but also as a collective I think. As a group, we add up to more than just the sum of our individual efforts.

Well said and so true.

Habits:
    *promote our own shops somehow everyday
    *cross promote with others
    *promote others
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 12:20:06 pm »

Bolded ones are my targets:

*setting up a blog and actively running it
*doing videos and loading them your store or on YouTube
*Setting up a web site primarily as a redirect
*getting wholesale accounts
*press releases
*labelling pictures for better SEO
*more cross promotion beyond Kaboodle
*understanding Google trend reports
*business planning
*client data management[/list]
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 12:56:11 pm »

I don't know if you all saw this post in the admin thread.... You've gotta read it.  One of our sellers got her fourth picture of a toy octopus crotchet pattern picked up on STUMLEUPON. SHE GOT SOMETHING LIKE 36,000 VIEWS.  Amazing. I have emailed her to ask her for the story on it. Man alive that would feel like winning the lotto  or watching a jackpot paying out on a slot machine.

I would like to try a stumbleupon experiment in advanced Bootcamp and we'll use my geek pillow OK? OK?     OK? Well, I think it is a good idea Smiley

Anyways, read this Admin post that I have copied.
Cheers,  Christine

Also, speaking of backlinks, it is important to consider where you place your links.

Popular sites have a lot of traffic, giving you more chances that a lot of people will notice your links. However, for people to click on your links, they have to be somewhat relevant to what people on that site are searching for. In other words, don't place links to your jewelry store on the site that appeals to golfers, even if that site has crazy traffic. It’s unlikely that those links will bring you high traffic.

Have a look at the pageview on this product page. https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/4845/cthulhu-amigurumi-pattern-to-crochet.php (scroll down to the bottom)

This item was originally submitted to Stumbleupon (you can do it using our "Sharing" tools), then probably picked up and favoured by many users interested in that type of product, and, eventually, promoted by Stumbleupon. In the matter of hours, pageviews on that page spiked significantly.

So what made this product popular, compared to many other products submitted to Stumbleupon on the same day?
It's possible that this product was submitted with a very good review, catchy keywords, placed in a popular category by the user with a lot of connections on that particular site. It’s even possible that this product submission coincided with something else, like a discussion involving patterns or amigurumi on Stumbleupon. Who knows? The fact is many people at that particular time had interest in this topic and were happy to click on product link and even share it with others.

What I am trying to say is that having a lot of backlinks to your page will certainly help, but will not always guarantee high traffic or high rankings.
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2009, 01:02:42 pm »

Woooo..... off to check out stumbleupon.
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 02:08:18 pm »

Quote from: "GalleriaLinda"

*more cross promotion beyond Kaboodle
*understanding Google trend reports
*business planning
*client data management[/list][/b]

These four would also be the ones I would be most interested in.  

Another topic of interest for me:  determining target market and how to promote successfully to target market.  I know this one should be a basic principle, but I think that many crafters/artists that are selling to the public haven't done this yet.  And while I think I have an idea of who my target market is, I'm only begining to try to figure out where/how to reach them.  I feel that a targeted approach is more successful in the long run than a trying to reach everyone, which really reaches no-one approach.
Pages: 1 2 [All]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  dAY 17 IMPORTANT QUESTION #2
Jump to:  
Click