Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  dAY 17 IMPORTANT QUESTION #2
Pages: 1 [2]  All
Author

dAY 17 IMPORTANT QUESTION #2

PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 12:08:47 pm »

Really good comments!  Keep them coming.  What were some of the things that looked most interesting in the advanced?
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2009, 12:16:38 pm »

I think that it is critical for us to take what was started with bootcamp and continue forward with that momentum. We need to do it individually for our own shops, but also as a collective I think. As a group, we add up to more than just the sum of our individual efforts.

Well said and so true.

Habits:
    *promote our own shops somehow everyday
    *cross promote with others
    *promote others
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 12:20:06 pm »

Bolded ones are my targets:

*setting up a blog and actively running it
*doing videos and loading them your store or on YouTube
*Setting up a web site primarily as a redirect
*getting wholesale accounts
*press releases
*labelling pictures for better SEO
*more cross promotion beyond Kaboodle
*understanding Google trend reports
*business planning
*client data management[/list]
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 12:56:11 pm »

I don't know if you all saw this post in the admin thread.... You've gotta read it.  One of our sellers got her fourth picture of a toy octopus crotchet pattern picked up on STUMLEUPON. SHE GOT SOMETHING LIKE 36,000 VIEWS.  Amazing. I have emailed her to ask her for the story on it. Man alive that would feel like winning the lotto  or watching a jackpot paying out on a slot machine.

I would like to try a stumbleupon experiment in advanced Bootcamp and we'll use my geek pillow OK? OK?     OK? Well, I think it is a good idea Smiley

Anyways, read this Admin post that I have copied.
Cheers,  Christine

Also, speaking of backlinks, it is important to consider where you place your links.

Popular sites have a lot of traffic, giving you more chances that a lot of people will notice your links. However, for people to click on your links, they have to be somewhat relevant to what people on that site are searching for. In other words, don't place links to your jewelry store on the site that appeals to golfers, even if that site has crazy traffic. It’s unlikely that those links will bring you high traffic.

Have a look at the pageview on this product page. https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/4845/cthulhu-amigurumi-pattern-to-crochet.php (scroll down to the bottom)

This item was originally submitted to Stumbleupon (you can do it using our "Sharing" tools), then probably picked up and favoured by many users interested in that type of product, and, eventually, promoted by Stumbleupon. In the matter of hours, pageviews on that page spiked significantly.

So what made this product popular, compared to many other products submitted to Stumbleupon on the same day?
It's possible that this product was submitted with a very good review, catchy keywords, placed in a popular category by the user with a lot of connections on that particular site. It’s even possible that this product submission coincided with something else, like a discussion involving patterns or amigurumi on Stumbleupon. Who knows? The fact is many people at that particular time had interest in this topic and were happy to click on product link and even share it with others.

What I am trying to say is that having a lot of backlinks to your page will certainly help, but will not always guarantee high traffic or high rankings.
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2009, 01:02:42 pm »

Woooo..... off to check out stumbleupon.
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 02:08:18 pm »

Quote from: "GalleriaLinda"

*more cross promotion beyond Kaboodle
*understanding Google trend reports
*business planning
*client data management[/list][/b]

These four would also be the ones I would be most interested in.  

Another topic of interest for me:  determining target market and how to promote successfully to target market.  I know this one should be a basic principle, but I think that many crafters/artists that are selling to the public haven't done this yet.  And while I think I have an idea of who my target market is, I'm only begining to try to figure out where/how to reach them.  I feel that a targeted approach is more successful in the long run than a trying to reach everyone, which really reaches no-one approach.
Pages: 1 [2]  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  dAY 17 IMPORTANT QUESTION #2
Jump to:  
Click