Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 9 Wednesday May 27, 2009 Checking out
Pages: 1 2 [All]
Author

Day 9 Wednesday May 27, 2009 Checking out

PillowThrowDecor

« on: May 27, 2009, 04:44:32 am »

Seeing any results in increased showings and sales?  Maybe too early to measure success... but it will come if you remain consistant! Success stories please!

Cheers

Christine[/quote]
Naturliche

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 01:23:54 pm »

Hmm.. I didn't realize this had started already!
Trying to catch up!

I did re-vamp my two listings and added two more & I did see that was one of the assignments a while back!  And, I got a sale last night!  

I have a dumb question - where do we find information on how to use the site?  I need to find out how to a) use a flat rate shipping rate, and b) add taxes to sales from my province!!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 01:39:12 pm »

LOL I am still stumbling around too although it is so much easier than most.

https://icraftgifts.com/community.php  

this link has a menu on the left side that gets you where you need to go... you can see that Bootcamp has its own heading!

https://icraftgifts.com/member_home.php  This is the link for MY ACCOUNT button on the top horizontal menu bar.  this takes you to all your personal and store stuff.

If I may quote https://icraftgifts.com/loopy4ewe  its "easy peasy"... she's funny and has the most awesome pictures of cutties in hats.  Check it out!

Hey good for you in your sale!  Awesome.

Naturliche... German for naturally?  I was born in Canada but my brothers and sisters born in Bavaria West Germany.  I love it there!

Glad to see you on board!

Cheers

Christine
Naturliche

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 01:43:21 pm »

I will check out those links and see if I can find what i'm looking for!
Thanks!

Yes, German for Natural.
My hubby is German/Polish and Natural in polish is naturalnych so...    :wink:
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 02:04:19 pm »

Just come to the forums... there's lots of help here!  Admin is really great too if you have any suggestions!

Cheers

Christine
Naturliche

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 02:27:10 pm »

I sent an email to icraft so I'm sure they'll get back to me if its do-able.

:wink:

Thanks!!
BeauMonde

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 05:08:47 pm »

Hi Naturliche ....... you can set up your shipping profiles in the section of iCraft - My Account .. as for sales taxes, if you are accepting Paypal you can set it up there and Paypal will add it to your customer invoice.

I have had a lot of views, no sales yet (well on iCraft anyway) and am getting geared up for ODD SOCK ........ can't do anymore promotions right now, I am getting really behind on other stuff  Sad

will check bank in when we are ready to go on the ODD SOCK weekend event,
cheers all
Rona - Beau Monde
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 07:25:38 pm »

I keep plodding along.

No sales yet, but I feel more in control because someone is telling me what to do each day! The suggestions are so helpful.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 08:38:46 pm »

I listed something new today - new for the shop too.  Still cards but with a twist!

I will also start brainstorming for the open house/odd sock event in the pipeline.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 08:40:39 pm »

Those feet in your shop are SO CUTE, Naturaliche!
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 08:50:12 pm »

LOL, you know, I look forward to getting home from work each day so I can work on my Bootcamp assignments!

I do a little in the morning before I leave, then more when I get home.  I love the discipline of having tasks, instead of just stumbling from thought to thought!

Today:

1. New listing on Craigslist, Kijiji, Youcraft
2. Cloned and relisted 2 items in my shop.
3. Kaboodled and emailed 5 non-Booters to help them promote their shops.

I can't wait for the Odd Socks weekend promo...I think that's going to be a blast!

Keep up the great work!
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 09:25:41 pm »

Had a productive day today and did lots of catching up!

I did yesterday's Kaboodle assignment (so joined Kaboodle and did first half of Bootcampers list) and then did 6 non Bootcampers and sent them messages.  Kaboodle could turn into hours of fun...

Here's my Kaboodle list:
http://www.kaboodle.com/member/northerngirl/lists

I listed a new item.  Had technical difficulties, so will try again tomorrow to clone an old listing.  

I promoted icraft on a jewelry forum that I belong to.  One of the other members who is here on icraft but wasn't able to take on the bootcamp then posted about how she likes icraft too, so maybe we will have some members explore this site and open up shop.   Smiley

Handed out some business cards at work today too!   [/url]
Craft Boutique

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 11:08:55 pm »

Hello!
I love today's assignment! I Kaboodled 10 items and promoted 7 crafters. I sent them all letters. Christine, thank you for the script, I won't say it better. Lets see if they join us. I hope so!
Cheers, Craft Boutique
iCraft Admin

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 11:15:16 pm »

Hi Naturliche,

We explain how shipping profiles work on the "Shipping Options" page https://icraftgifts.com/member_shipping_profiles.php.
Basically you create as many profiles as you want and attach up to 3 of them to any given product. It can be one profile with a flat rate for shipping worldwide or separate profiles for each country you ship to.

As for the taxes - we don't handle them at all, as you suppose to set them in your PayPal account.

We cover a few things on our FAQ page https://icraftgifts.com/help/ , but I know we need to add more info to it.

We are working on recording short videos on how to use certain features on iCraft and will post them later on our YouTube group, as well as here  on iCraft.
StudioduSoleil

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 03:27:21 am »

I finished off yesterday's assignments this morning and began today's promotion. I created 3 ads, went back to Kaboodle some iCraft shops that have not signed on yet (not completely finished this task yet). I also discovered the "add this item to Kaboodle" button on each page...that saved a lot of time. And I can most certainly list some "Odd Socks" when we are ready...I have  a few items that would qualify. I posted a quick blurb on a crafting forum about the great fun that we are having at bootcamp!

I then took my eldest to a high school band concert that lasted longer than anticipated (which in turn caused my 2 year old to become so overtired that sleep was hard to come by), so I continue to be just one or two things behind (today's new listing namely). But, I was pleasantly surprised to find my first iCraft sale today when I logged in!
Zs Knees

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 03:37:43 am »

I joined Kaboodle and love it too, but alas it's past midnight already so I'll have to leave some kaboodling for tomorrow. It's really fun to shop around and pick favorites!

Put ads on youcraft, plaincraft, and tried on byhand.me-- I think I need to spend more time on that one, still something I'm missing... I got something of a shop going, but don't know where the listings are supposed to go.

Started an address book for all these new websites! My head is swimming with all these addresses and passwords! :lol:  

If I want to leave a note for another shopkeeper, do I just go to where it says "contact: email me" or is there another way to leave a note??
Beajoux

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 08:26:59 am »

Argh, I was all excited about boot camp, then forgot to check in about when it started! I know I'm 9 days behind, but the weekend is coming, so I'm going to see what I can do to get caught up. In looking at some of the assignments, I see that at least there are some things I've done already, so I don't feel too badly, but I really want to make this work!

I promise to stay more current from here on out!

Ainsley
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 10:17:40 am »

LOL.  You're funny.  Not to worry.  Bootcamp is a program that you can pick up most of the activities at any point.  There are a few items that get built upon every day but a weekend catchup will work fine too.

I am so pleased that you are jumping in.  Good for you.

Just hollar if you need help with anything.

Cheers

Christine
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 10:27:01 am »

It is hard to keep track of everything!  Make a file in your BOOKMARKS WITH "FREE ADS" and keep them all in there.  Try and keep as much on your computer as you can.  Whenever you set up a new account somewhere and have a password to keep, send yourself an email with it in there and email it to yourself and then store in a new file "ACCOUNTS" in your INBOX.

Two ways to leave a message foranother seller.  When you are looking at their store items just click on their store name which is usually in the upper right hand corner of their listing or in the bottom left you can "ask the creator a question"  remember to put your shop name and their shop name too as the emails are not automatically "signatured" for now.

Good luck!  You will do fine. You are doing something and remember success is 80% about showing up!  Smiley

Christine
mountaindreamers

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 10:25:02 pm »

I have visited, I have not conquered but definitely will go back and make an account. G night Laura
Pages: 1 2 [All]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 9 Wednesday May 27, 2009 Checking out
Jump to:  
Click