Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 2 May 20 2009 What Happened?
Pages: [1] 2  All
Author

Day 2 May 20 2009 What Happened?

PillowThrowDecor

« on: May 20, 2009, 04:19:34 am »

Any sales today? Anything Wow happen?
The Gifted Nest

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 11:07:08 am »

Well I've done it! I've posted on Craigslist. http://peterborough.en.craigslist.ca/bab/1180083979.html
Let me know what you think?
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 11:16:24 am »

Looks good!  Pics too?
I'm not sure if Craigslist allows open advertising of another site as you have posted there about icraft but they will let you know.  I will check it out later today too.  We may have to be a bit more subtle with our contact info.
Super!
Christine
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 01:33:11 pm »

GiftedNest - looks Great! Except for the link. I would hate for your ad to be flagged.

CraigsList does not allow links to selling sites. It is for local selling only and I have posted my first here:
http://lakeland.craigslist.org/jwl/1179978544.html

Utilizing a suggestion from someone in this forum that said: don't put link in but just say "95 additional fabulous items available. Email for more information."

We will see!
The Gifted Nest

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 02:34:47 pm »

Thanks for the heads up Smiley
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 06:47:52 pm »

Whew!
Great assignment for today...

Here's what I did:

1. Gave hubby some business cards to give out to nurses at the hospital.
2. Will give my sister and my eldest daughter some to keep in their wallets when I see them next week.
3. Posted another listing on Craigslist...had one email from yesterday but nothing more.
4. Posted a listing on Kijiji.
5. Posted a listing on Oodle...only seems to accept U.S. locations though.
6. Put a live link from my website to my iCraft shop...already had a live link on my blog.
7. Tick...already a member of the Buy and Sell thread.
8. Learned how to clone a listing...easy peasy!

This is great motivation to get off my duff and check out some new things.
BeauMonde

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 07:48:02 pm »

Hi Bootcampers!!
I'm a little late to the party, but better late than never Cheesy

Here's what I have accomplished so far:
1) I had set up a byhand.me page a few weeks ago, still trying to figure out how to do a spotlight showcase thingy - if anyone can help me on that, I would sure appreciate it.

2) made two ads today on craigslist - which was a lot of fun, I may have found a new obsession!!
http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/jwl/1180986356.html
http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/jwl/1181014088.html

According to the TOU on craigslist it is OK to post links to other websites, which is awesome - if I have this completely wrong please let me know

from the craigslist TOU:
Furthermore, the craigslist site and Content available through
the Service may contain links to other websites, which are completely
independent of craigslist.

I need to go back and read the other assignments to see what I can fit in every day ..........
BeauMonde

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 07:50:41 pm »

back again ...... how do I join up to the Buy and Sell? I can't seem to find it anywhere
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 07:56:00 pm »

Beaumonde, wow, way to dig that out of Craigslist...thanks for the info!

Here's the link to the Buy and Sell:
https://icraftgifts.com/forum/730/buy-n-sell-party/

...it's on the message board, under Main Topics

I think there are 10 people signed up...so if you want to join in you will need to buy someone off, then  put your shop on the list in place of theirs.  It's great fun!!
StudioduSoleil

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 08:03:50 pm »

Stealing a few minutes while dinner is cooking!

I gave hubby some more business cards for his wallet (he usually has a few with him). I didn't give any to the kids...I think I'd just find them at the bottom of their backpacks at the end of the school year, kids will be kids right? :roll:

I just listed a pair of earrings, I'm not totally happy with the pics but the weather has been unpredictable today so I went with the light that I could get. I'll update later when I get some clearer pictures.

I joined the buy n sell party!

Online postings will happen after the kids are in bed...ads, forums and potentially even a blog post!

As for what I like about iCraft...I agree with all that is listed. As well, it is so clean and uncluttered looking. I love that it is all handmade, without suppliers. I love the Canadian focus but inclusion of international sellers as well.

Anyhow will check in with my final results in about 4 hours...

This is a fabulous program! Thanks again.
StudioduSoleil

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 08:06:16 pm »

Just a quick aside...

Galleria Linda, I have to say that I aspire to take pictures as crisp as yours! Everytime I see a listing of yours I am rather jealous of your photo taking ability!!
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 08:46:07 pm »

Studio, you are kind and encouraging!  Smiley

I have just an inexpensive Canon point and shoot camera but it has adequate manual settings. I don't know much about photography and just learned as I go.

Photoshop is my best friend. I have to admit that I do a lot of work on them in photoshop because of lighting issues. I take photos by a window with tracing paper over it, but depending upon the weather, I can get blues, grays, or yellows in the photo.

Your jewely is fabulous and you seem to have good lighting. All I can say is experiment all the time with angles, props, no props, colored backgrounds, white backgrounds....etc.. I did this experimentation for almost 3 years now to get to this point.

I have a couple of photography posts on one of my blogs here:
http://tinyurl.com/rcyrxl
The earlier posts you can see the difference in my photos.

Best to you with this challenge!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 09:10:01 pm »

Not much going on in my shop yet, but it's only day 2!

1. I listed something new.

2. I gave hubby business cards, although he has already been very good to promote me.

3. I already have a link back to my iCraft shop on my website - even have the iCraft mini-banner picture thing.  I found it in the resource thread here:
https://icraftgifts.com/forum/621/things-you-can-do-to-promote-your-icraft-ca-creator-exhibit/
GET ONE!!

4. I planned to launch a blog after tax season (ending April 30 for Canadians).  Well.. this boot camp will make me do it... eventually.  That's where I will chat up iCraft some more - before the 28 days is out!

Cheers all.
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 09:12:29 pm »

I did list a new item.

I posted an ad on Kijiji (although I really don't think that my target market will find me there, or on Craiglist, but I'm trying anyway...)

I already had live link on my blog (which seriously needs updating, but somehow, I think that will be a bootcamp assignment down the road).

I joined the buy and sell party.

The business cards will have to happen over the course of the week.  I'll hand out a few to some women at work, and give some to my sisters on the weekend for them to share.  

I ran out of time to post on a forum...

And I'm still looking into some local free business listings (from yesterday).

It is hard to juggle this with a full time job...  But back in October I participated in an "Item a Day" thread on a jewelry forum I belong to, and I was able to meet the goal.  So this can be done too...  The weekends will allow me to catch up on missed items...
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 09:23:30 pm »

Ensorcelled, thanks for the link to the iCraft widget...I added it to my blog!

withoutBorders, yes, it is hard to juggle all the things that we do in life...do a little at a time, bit by bit it will come together!
Pages: [1] 2  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 2 May 20 2009 What Happened?
Jump to:  
Click