Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  IMPORTANT- Have GREAT IMAGES for your Creator Exhibit
Pages: 1 2 [All]
Author

IMPORTANT- Have GREAT IMAGES for your Creator Exhibit

iCraft Updates

phpBB Site Admin

« on: March 21, 2008, 08:39:50 pm »

Your iCraft Creator Exhibit is your first impression to shoppers on our site. Creators need to ensure that they use high-quality images and have a professional presentation of their "virtual" store front.

We've noticed that some images being submitted are incorrectly sized, violating our image guidelines. There are a lot of small thumbnails that are submitted as main product shots. Please try and upload high-quality, full image sizes of your products so that shoppers on the site see the best image possible of the item they are looking at. Having better-quality images will lead to more sales! iCraftGifts.com staff will be reviewing all product images and either fixing them (when possible) or putting images with poor quality or wrong sizes on hold, and asking Creators of those products to update them before they can be posted online.

To ensure iCraftGifts.com continues to look professional and reputable, we are enforcing the image submission dimensions below, and asking Creators to re-submit images if they haven't adhered to our image size requirements:
Avatar images - must be 230px x 230px
Banner images - must be 625px wide and no more than 225px in height
Product images - must be at least 500px wide (no limit on height)
If you don't know how to resize an image, or need help with it, please send a note to Support@iCraftGifts.com and we can lend a hand Smiley

Avatar images of Creators must be professional-looking. This means no goofy head shots, bikini posing, pictures from your last bar night, etc. This image is used to represent your store and should inspire shopper-confidence, not scare off potential customers.

Creators who are located in and around the Greater Toronto Area can have iCraftGifts.com arrange a sitting with a professional commercial photographer for their product images at a reasonable price. Contact us at Support@iCraftGifts.com to learn more. For Creators outside of GTA, consider arranging a professional photographer to take your photos or invest in good camera. Also, read these tips on how to take great products photos: https://icraftgifts.com/blog/are-celebrities-really-fashion-designers-52.php

Also, thanks to DelightfullySimple who is offering her banner and avatar design services to her fellow iCraft members: https://icraftgifts.com/delightfullysimple

If you have any questions or need clarification on product images, or any other issue, please send us a note at Support@iCraftGifts.com - we're here to help!
The Pink Peony

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 09:03:03 am »

I would love to get some feedback on my banner, avatar, images, etc.  I really struggle with my photos and have changed them out several times already.  I tried the all white background and I wasn't happy with those photos so I took new ones in a different setting.  

thanks!
HomeOfTheGumbles

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 09:34:51 am »

Pink, I struggle with my photos as well. A photographer I am not! LOL!

As far as your banner goes, the text seems a bit blurry to me, but that's easily fixed. The one thing that really struck me about it though is that the green border made it look (to me, anyway) that your image wasn't centered in your banner properly. Does that make sense? If you're wanting to use two borders on your banner, I would use a matching pink or a different shade of green that doesn't blend as much.
The Pink Peony

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 09:45:32 am »

Thank you for the suggestions!  I thought the text looked a little blurry too, and I agree about the borders too.  I'll work on fixing that later - off to the mall right now!
3 Lil Indians

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 05:13:34 pm »

First off I am loving this site. I hope to see it grow!
What I am wondering about is my banner. I know it is sized wrong, and I want to get the shop name incorporated with it. But trying to get my dh(graphic designer) with  his new Mac and fancy programs to fix it, may take me awhile! LOL :roll:
Should I leave it as is right now, or just take it down for now.
Thanks!!
HomeOfTheGumbles

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 05:20:03 pm »

It's cute! Are those your kids?

I would leave it for now if you're ok with it. It will certainly be nice when you get your graphic designer hubby with his fancy softwear to help you out, but for now, I think it's cute. Wink
3 Lil Indians

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 06:36:43 pm »

Thanks! Yes, those are my kids (couple of years back).
I don't mind it, hopefully dh will fix it within a few days. But then again, it may be a few months! LOL :lol:
The Pink Peony

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 10:33:56 pm »

3Lil - I love it, and to me the size looks nice as it is now.  Your kiddos are too cute!  Your products look very nice as well - I may have to give myself a gift when I make my firts sale!

~Staci
Silver River Jewelry

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 07:55:02 pm »

Well I hope my pictures are up to standards.  If I have to take them one more time I may run screaming.  I don't know how to get my banner to fit though.  Any help would be appreciated.
iCraft Updates

phpBB Site Admin

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 12:10:40 am »

Hi everyone!

Thank you all for participating in this thread. For everyone here that was concerned about their product images, banners, and avatars, I can assure you, they all look great. I had a peak at each of your Creator Exhibits, and they pass with flying colours Smiley  We had to start this thread because we had some SERIOUS violations to our image standards - inappropriate avatars, hard-to-read banners, very stretched out products shots, etc.

3 Lil' Indians: I agree - cute kids! And it's wonderful that you can count on your husband lend a hand with your graphics. If you would like iCraftGifts.com to create a temporary banner which incorporates you store's name into the image, let us know. It would be our pleasure to help out.

Thanks everyone!
The Pink Peony

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 08:32:31 am »

Thank you!  It's good to know my images are acceptable!  Cheesy
JudyBailey

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 09:20:41 am »

Hi! I need some help with a banner. First off I haven't a clue as how to go about getting one, how to use it and how to even find one. And I really don't know what or how to use an avatar. Like what's that?lol.
So nice to see a Canadian crafter's site!!!! I live up here in 'Cottage Country'! Ontario.
Judy
iCraft Updates

phpBB Site Admin

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 09:52:14 pm »

Quote from: "JudyBailey"
Hi! I need some help with a banner. First off I haven't a clue as how to go about getting one, how to use it and how to even find one. And I really don't know what or how to use an avatar. Like what's that?lol.
So nice to see a Canadian crafter's site!!!! I live up here in 'Cottage Country'! Ontario.
Judy

Hi Judy,
Thanks for your note! Not to worry, we are here to help Smiley

Regarding Avatars: As taken from our FAQ page: https://icraftgifts.com/help/
What is an Avatar?
A Screen Avatar is a small image that is displayed as part of your Member Profile. It will appear when you post material on the Community pages, or establish a Creator Exhibit.
How do I add/upload an Avatar?
You are able to add or change your personal Avatar by clicking “My Account” at the top right hand area of any page. Once you login, click to the “My Profile” section, and follow the upload instructions.

Regarding Banners: As you can see in most other Creator Exhibits, the top of their page has a banner. Most often these are made by the Creator themselves - or their talented child or spouse Smiley  Usually, they are made in some sort of graphics program (i.e. Adobe PhotoShop, Microsoft Paint, etc.) and have similar colours, images, etc. as the rest of your marketing material (flyers, business cards, posters, website, etc.). If you would rather not attempt the graphics work yourself, you can send a note to Support@iCraftGifts.com, and we can assist you in creating the perfect banner for your shop. Don't hesitate to contact us - we'd love to help!

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 11:39:23 pm »

Thanks for the answer! I'll check out the link about the banners. I wanted to change my Avatar, but for some reason I couldn't. The one showing now is a butter dish I painted roses on, but I want to change it to one of my sap bucket angels. HELP!!! I haven't listed a single thing yet, cuz I want to get 'all my ducks in a row' as they say.
Oh!!! I changed my username to Foxglovefolkart, the one I use on my Picturetrail site and such. My business name actually.
Jud
 :roll:
iCraft Updates

phpBB Site Admin

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 11:25:28 pm »

Quote from: "foxglovefolkart"
Thanks for the answer! I'll check out the link about the banners. I wanted to change my Avatar, but for some reason I couldn't. The one showing now is a butter dish I painted roses on, but I want to change it to one of my sap bucket angels. HELP!!! I haven't listed a single thing yet, cuz I want to get 'all my ducks in a row' as they say.
Oh!!! I changed my username to Foxglovefolkart, the one I use on my Picturetrail site and such. My business name actually.
Jud
 :roll:

Hi Judy,

Thanks for your note! I have just spoken with our Development team. They have offered to upload the new avatar image for you. Please send an email to Support@iCraftGifts.com with the following information:
- Your name
- Your Creator Exhibit URL
- Details of the problems you were experiencing
- The image file of the Avatar you wish to have posted

We'll get this fixed for you asap - don't hesitate to email us at Support@iCraftGifts.com with any other questions / issues. Smiley

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 01:55:07 am »

Hello Smiley

I just wanted to ask for a review of my shop to ensure that I am in compliance.

I don't tend to stick to one color background as I like experimenting with colors and backgrounds.  Aside from that, how am I looking?

Thank you for your help!!
Janice
iCraft Updates

phpBB Site Admin

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 09:35:52 pm »

Hi Janice! I'm sure the community would love to share their feedback about your Creator Exhibit.

Can you please post your Creator Exhibit URL link so that we know where to look?

Thanks!
JillsTreasureChest

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2008, 04:52:43 pm »

I have difficulty getting my photos to be the recommended size.  Anyone have any suggestions?
Nora Demirjian

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2008, 10:37:37 pm »

There are software you can use like Photoshop or Paintshop pro. There are other out on the market but those are the most popular.
HeatherRai

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 09:16:01 am »

I was really having a problem getting a 'good looking' shot, but I discovered the joys of photographing using the macro setting. On my camera this is the little flower setting which allows you to get really close up and on it! Also, I like to shoot at high noon, outside with NO flash. The flash has always been evil to me giving me nothing but washed out pics. Oh and a new camera helped too :-) I hope this helps!
Pages: 1 2 [All]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  IMPORTANT- Have GREAT IMAGES for your Creator Exhibit
Jump to:  
Click