Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 9 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Review Keywords
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Author

Day 9 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Review Keywords

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: October 04, 2012, 12:36:59 am »

Building on previous assignment, I'd like you to review each others' Keywords list and provide your Keyword suggestions and copy changes, if needed.

So go through the list of URLs listed by each of you, go to product page and read the product Tittle and Description.
Then ask yourself these questions?

• Do I agree with the Primary Keywords the store owner chose?
  • Do Title & Description tell me enough about the products I am looking at?
  • Are those the words I'd use to describe this product? If not, suggest a few words that come to mind when you look at those products
  • If you have time, do quick Keyword Research for others using Google Keyword Tool and see if they've missed good Keyword Opportunities. There are a lot of videos online, like this one, explaining how to use this tool.

Do as much as you can today. You might not be able to cover all the pages, but using someone else's products for optimization could be a good learning experience for all of you.
JaJeJems

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 10:01:37 am »

I think it is starting to sink in!  By the way admin I totally missed your comment to me about collections so I have done a temporary fix on that and put it on my to do list!
JaJeJems

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 12:24:20 pm »

For starters I picked one of Kat's products to practice:

https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/29657/beaded-charm-bracelet-with-dragonfly-charm.php

I would change the title to "Beaded charm bracelet with dragonfly charm" - the keywords in the title would be beaded charm bracelet at 1600 searches.  I have repeated this in the first line of the description. It could be repeated in the last 3 words but this may be too many times in a short description. My secondary words are charm bracelet, dragonfly charm and charms. (Not worrying about the search numbers on these)

Here is my version of the description:

The focal point of this lovely beaded charm bracelet is a gold dragonfly charm "sittin' pretty" on a large wooden medallion. With only two charms to catch your eye, the effect is dramatic.  In addition the two charms make a natural division in the bracelet.  One section, strung on beading wire, has square white stones alternating with amber coloured beads. The other section is an antique gold chain.  The bracelet fastens with a gold tone lobster clasp and is adjustable from 6 to 8 inches.  Make a fashion statement wherever you go with this pretty two charm bracelet!

Kat, the picture you have used is good but I would like to see the picture of the whole bracelet as the first one so that it is clear that it is a bracelet.  Also the two sections are unique and this doesn't show in this picture. I know that you have other views but this is what I see first.
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 01:03:04 pm »

Wow  Jajejems,  You use words so well. My mind can't wrap around all those pretty words...But I am taking notes. ....Kat
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 02:10:29 pm »

JaJeJems, that's a very nice product write up! I like it.  Kiss
"Beaded charm bracelet" with 1,600 searches is a good term to use.   
Kat, I'd use "Dragonfly" in the Title too, as JaJeJems suggested, as it's one of the main features of your bracelet.
JaJeJems

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 03:00:58 pm »

Did one of Red Rocks products on Day 8 assignment page instead of today's page! Now I am looking at Fairy C- thinking she really is a fairy since she seems to work magic with key words!  Just a few thoughts:

In the masculine card and the Christmas angel card the second paragraph would sound less repetitious if you said something like: "Measuring x by x this Christmas angel card....."

Also wondering if you could use "angel card" somewhere as a secondary word in the Christmas Angel card,  maybe  "the back of your angel card will bear......."

Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 03:36:50 pm »

Hi everyone ,  I am not one for words but here is what I found in your stores

JaJeJems......  I can see a big diffence when you use the keyword lampwork bead and lampwork glass bead. I am understanding why you use both .  It is making sense to me. I see you understand keywords well.  As to you detail it is great and written so beautifully.  Good job!

Red Rock ....You used your keyword well although I saw one  NECKLACE waiting for a  such as blue necklace. Just a thought I guess more seconday keywords the better.  Your detail was good and your writing good too.  Good job!

Fairy Cardmaker ...You repeated your primary key word 2 times and a secondary, although you could have used angel card. Your detail is good, explaining quill to us. AAnd your writing is so pretty.  Good job!

Silver Workshop ...You had a good primary keyword for your chunky red earrings and you had secondary one too. I see you understand kwywords.  Your detail is good explaining the size, the finish and how it is packaged.  Good job!

Delightful Suds...I could not find you

................Kat
JaJeJems

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 03:58:37 pm »

Hi again, I am looking at https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/34653/silver-quartz-pendant-sterling-and-teardrop-blue-chalcedony.php from Silver workshop.  The keyword Quartz pendant is  in the title and first sentence.  Secondary word blue pendant appears once but you could use pendant as a secondary word in the last sentence instead of jewellery item- "your pendant will come to you......."  I think this one is well done.

Could you use sterling silver jewellery as your key word for https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/34526/rabbit-necklace-in-sterling-silver-with-a-polished-finish.php, something like "Sterling Silver Jewellery, Rabbit Necklace with High Shine Finish" as your title and first sentence could be: "this unique piece of sterling silver jewellery was first sculpted in wax in the shape of a rabbit and then cast in sterling silver" (secondary word). You have used sterling silver chain once and you could squeeze in sterling silver necklace in the second last sentence if that doesn't seem too much. I think the rabbit is causing the problem here.

With https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/34476/red-and-silver-earrings-sterling-silver-and-chunky-red-beads.php I am not going to be much help.  You are using red earrings as your keyword, would chunky red earrings be better? (haven't checked the searches) and then you could repeat that in the first sentence and use red earrings and chunky earrings as secondary words later in your description.  Not sure if I am on the right track with that one!
Delightful Suds

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 06:04:38 pm »

Hi Kat,
when you say you could not find me, what do you mean, what were you typing?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 06:09:28 pm »

I think she meant she didn't see your product URLs listed in Day 8 Assignment. You need to give us the list of your best products, so we can give you our feedback on your choice of Keywords.
Delightful Suds

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 06:11:28 pm »

Oh sorry, I'm behind... I'll catch up  Embarrassed
Delightful Suds

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 08:24:13 pm »

I'm getting confused where to post replies, sorry, I posted this on the "day 8" instead of here, so I'm pasting it:

Silver workshop, I looked at your first product and I thought maybe you should also add the phrase "sterling silver necklace"?

I'm looking at others too, but I'm having a hard time coming up with the "magic words"....
Delightful Suds

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 08:24:58 pm »

Kat, on your last listing, I think you should use the word "garnet" more since it's the main material of the necklace.
Delightful Suds

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 08:27:55 pm »

Red Rock, the blue marble necklace should have "blue marble" repeated....
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 08:33:52 pm »

Hi Delightful Suds,

The "Magic words" should come from Keyword Research. There are many combinations of various terms that people use for searches on Google. The trick is in choosing those Keywords that will describe the product best, not too competitive and then also bring you some traffic. Please try using Google Keywords Tool to get some Keyword ideas.

Sorry, we have a few conversations going at the same time, so it's becoming hard to know where to post. Not quite sure how to solve this one. So just post anywhere, but quote or refer to a post you are talking about.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 9 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Review Keywords
Jump to:  
Click