Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  What's in a Name?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Author

What's in a Name?

Silver Workshop

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 07:18:23 am »

Personally I really liked icraftgifts.com. but if you must change, I would vote for something new, I think that the word "gift" might pigeonhole the site. It would be nice to have something short with a bit of personality to it, so it doesn't sound like a generic site.  I really like these suggestions by AhKriti:

TheCraftShop
TheCraftGuild
CraftBrigade
Quartetclocks

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2012, 02:11:29 pm »

Hi
I'm new to icraft but I have used the services of Esty, Dewanda, and Zibbet.
I'm not really the chatty type but I will share with you my journey:
Started in April 2012
Sold 11 clocks on Esty
0 clocks on Dewanda
2 on Zibbet
Locations mainly US - 4 international - 2 Canada
Shipping is expensive
Esty's current focus is on local US shops and supporting local communities
I'm considered international because I'm not American
So, I thought now is the time to join a local service provide - icraft!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 02:42:28 pm »

Welcome on board, Quartetclocks!  Grin
I was admiring your work today actually. Very original.
Thanks for sharing your story!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2012, 07:52:33 am »

StrictlyHandmade.com  - too long?
CraftAway.com
IdealGifts.com

Though I think it would be nice to have iCraft in a name... would make the transition to the new name easier. So maybe these?
Craftitude.com or iCrafttitude.com
iCrafted.com or iCraftID.com
iCrafty.com

Any other ideas are welcome too  Wink

« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 08:36:49 am by iCraft Admin »
MaelinDesigns

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2012, 08:16:59 pm »

What about icraftartisans.com 

I know a lot of artisans who would like to use a site that has "artisan" in the name as it sounds a bit more upscale.

Another option could be artisangifts.com or artisangiftmarket.com

That would include both the artisan and gifts in the name, possibly bringing more buyers and artisans to the site.

Hopefully these suggestions were helpful.   Smiley
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2012, 12:36:20 am »

Those are great suggestions, MaelinDesigns!
It is a challenge to come up with a name that appeal to both buyers and sellers (artisans).
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 11:15:20 pm »

Well, we still haven't found the name that we like. It's a lot harder than we thought.  Roll Eyes
So far here are the top choices for various reasons:
iCraftGifts
iCraftWorld
CraftFull (or Craftful)
CraftsAndGifts
CraftyGifts
CraftyFinds
Craftmade

Let us know if any of those names from the list above you like better or if you have any new ideas - those are welcome too!   Kiss
Thanks!
Lannie

Administrator

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2012, 09:11:37 am »

Hi there,

I like iCraftWorld.com the best. It retains the recognition factor of iCraft, and expands the concept to the world. I also like iCraftMarket.com, as suggested by JaJeJems, as it incorporates the idea of sellers and buyers. I see we already own both of these names!

I agree with MaelinDesigns, that 'gifts' and 'artisan' are important aspects of our site, and that the site name must appeal to both buyers and sellers. Perhaps we can promote  'gifts' and 'artisan' and 'handmade' in the SEO  through keywords - I'm sure this has been done to a great extent already, but each of us should keep these words in mind every time we work on our keywords.

I do think we need a name that is not difficult to read or spell, and can't be mispronounced or misread, or misinterpreted.
Delightful Suds

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 06:45:32 pm »

Hello, I like CraftyFinds the best.

or how about craftyartisan or artisancrafts?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2012, 02:03:53 am »

Thanks, Delightful Suds! I like CraftyFinds too, though its taken.
FYOI, we are running a series of tests right now to see which name gets the highest click-through rate, and will make the decision at that time. Hopefully, very soon!  Roll Eyes
Silver Workshop

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2012, 07:42:36 am »

Great, can't wait to see the results!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2012, 05:12:15 pm »

Of the above list, I like iCraftWorld (but I liked iCraftMarket too).

Maybe you can make it iCraftWordMarket but then it is getting long.  I was just thinking that edition could be leant to things like iCraftWorldVintage and other if you are still looking to create spin offs.

What if you take out "i" and make it "our" (more inclusive).

OurCraft
OurGiftedCrafts
OurCraftMarket
OurCraftWorld
or
OurHandmadeCrafts ... and then you can have spin offs like OurVintageCrafts, OurAntiqueCrafts, OurCollectedCrafts etc.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2012, 09:10:32 pm »

Hi Fairy Cardmaker,

I also think iCraftWorld is a good one, and its still fairy short.
Gifts or Market imply buying and selling, but we are also a community for people who care about handmade.
I think it would also work really well with our tagline "Creativity without borders".

However, our tests so far show that iCraftGifts ad got more clicks than iCraftWorld ad... and that's probably because buyers connect more with the term Gifts.

I think we are keeping iCraft in the name, because our site is already known by this name and people find us by searching for iCraft. So it looks like it will be easier just to extend the name, but still optimize the site for iCraft not to loose all that traffic.

Well, I'll be super happy once we choose t he new name, as this has been such a challenge.  Roll Eyes
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2012, 11:34:33 am »

I don't like the idea of keeping iCraft in the name.  Here's why - iCraft to me, means that I craft things, as opposed to I sell things.  So to me, the name implies that it's a site for people who want to learm to make handmade items, as opposed to a place to buy handmade items. 

I do like icraftmarket, only because the market part implies the selling aspect.

So I would vote for a totally different name, one that doesn't include the "i".

Whether the name includes gifts or not, I'm indifferent to, but if it's good for traffic, I would be all for it.
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2012, 11:41:13 am »

How about handmadegifts.com?

It is currently for sale.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  What's in a Name?
Jump to:  
Click