Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Writing for the Web  >  Valentine's Day Challenge
Pages: [1] 2  All
Author

Valentine's Day Challenge

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: January 18, 2011, 02:46:10 am »

Writing about upcoming holidays is a great way to attract new viewers and potential buyers. So with the Valentine's Day around the corner, we decided to through a writing challenge to our community.  Wink

We are looking for the best blog post related to Valentine's Day.

There are countless searches on Google right now for "Valentine days ideas". "Valentines day suggestions" alone gets about 201,000 Monthly global searches. There are also a lot of searches for various Key Phrases containing word Gifts. "Valentines day presents" get about 110,000 Monthly global searches. Other popular Keywords are Cards, Poems, Movies for Valentine.

If you have any products that you can promote, as gifts for Valentine's Day, that alone is a good reason to write a blog post on this topic.

To add extra incentive, three Creators who would write the best blog posts for the "Valentine’s Day" topic will be given an option to choose from:
  • One of their products being displayed in the Homepage Banner during the whole month of February.
  • SEO work done on their Creator Exhibit to improve web traffic
  • Graphic design work done - new Banner, Avatar, as well as all their product images will be optimized to look their best, if needed

The Rules:
  • Deadline is February 1st.... (was extended till Feb 5th, 2011)
  • Your blog post has to include, at least, one photo
  • It has to have a word count of about 200 words or more.  (Use http://www.wordcounttool.com to check that)
  • You can write about anything related to Valentine’s Day – how you usually spend this day, what kind of gifts you give your partner, assemble a collection of appropriate products posted on iCraft, and tell us why they’d be great, as gifts for the Valentine’s Day. Your choice!
  • We will choose best posts and announce winners here on Forum.

Good luck!  Grin
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 02:19:55 am by iCraft Admin »
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 09:32:38 pm »

Oh my gosh, I have to get my butt in gear for this.  I should be thinking of a poem and a card for my hubby and I usually post my poems on my blog.

I'll give it some thought!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 11:38:57 pm »

Poem and a card - sounds romantic. 
And I am sure it's a handmade card  Wink
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 12:22:30 pm »

BUMP for this thread to encourage others to join in!

I have my Valentine's card made and photographed in beautiful weekend sunshine.  During the week, I will get those shots off my camera and on to my blog!
PetiteTuques

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 09:18:20 pm »

I finished my blog post today.. I didn't want to mention it here unless I had actually got it done. I just need to get a photo, and I'm done!
Ahkriti

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 01:52:22 pm »

I have been writing and its all on my PC...pictures yet to be taken, but I know by the weekend I will be done.
Quick question though....I don't blog, so I gather my stuff has to be put on Blog Central on icraft right? I did put this question up, but deleted it wondering whether I would do blogging at all.
But I think I'm up for the challenge folks! Just the pictures...

Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 10:05:15 pm »

You can use your iCraft blog for sure.  It's under My Account > Add Post (under the My Blog menu on the left).  iCraft will have to approve it first, is all.  Can't wait to see your pics!

I blogged about my Valentine item today:
http://fairycardmaker.blogspot.com/2011/01/from-ooops-to-tah-dah-valentines-day.html
Ahkriti

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 07:42:01 am »

Very nice card for THE Man in your life. Loved the tree idea...its def OOH LA LA Smiley and très élégant!

Gotta get into gear for my blog post.
Cheers!

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 11:25:26 pm »

Here is the first blog post for the Valentine's Day challenge - https://icraftgifts.com/blog/my-valentines-fantasy-214.php
Great job, PetiteTuques!  Grin

I really enjoyed reading your story. It was personal and sincere, and I felt I got to know you a little bit.

I made a small change to your post though. The link on the photo didn't work, so I removed it. You were linking to your facebook page and I think only those who are connected to you on facebook can see your photos.

Anyway, thank you for being first!
PetiteTuques

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 11:13:52 am »

I guess I should have read the instructions about uploading photos- it was hard, because I don't think I was able to upload directly from my pc, that's why I uploaded it to facebook, and I thought that would work.. maybe I need to upload photos on flicker or something?

As for my post, thanks, I really don't feel comfortable writing blogs, but the reward was enough for me to try Wink

I hope there are others that are writing for you!
Ahkriti

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 01:16:44 pm »

Hello! I am trying to post the the blog challenge  directly on icraft. I don't have an external blog link. The pictures are coming up as thumbnails. What am I doing wrong? Can you please walk me through this? I did look into the icraft tutorial for adding pictures. Its all there...my pictures, but when i put it up with the written stuff, its all thumbnail pictures.
Help!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 01:34:55 pm by AhKriti »
Ahkriti

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 04:10:56 pm »

Okay, after a lot of trials...Whew! i finally got to post it. Its posted...pending approval...
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 04:50:38 pm »

Hi AhKriti,

Glad to hear you figured it out. We'll look into creating more tutorials on how to use our blog.
Thanks for sharing your story! https://icraftgifts.com/blog/valentines-day-2011-the-handmade-magic-215.php Your post is approved now!  Grin
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2011, 12:30:48 pm »

Both lovely posts!  Can't wait to see more!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 12:57:44 am »

Anyone else???  Shocked
We are extending the deadline till Feb 5th.
Pages: [1] 2  All  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Writing for the Web  >  Valentine's Day Challenge
Jump to:  
Click