Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 1 Assignment, SEO Bootcamp
Pages: [1]
Author

Day 1 Assignment, SEO Bootcamp

PillowThrowDecor

« on: April 02, 2010, 06:25:09 am »

Hi everybody. Welcome back to many of you!

For this Bootcamp  we will look at Search engine optimization (SEO) as the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to our stores from  search engines via "organic" or un-paid search results as opposed to paying for search engine marketing. The theory is that the higher your store or product is in searches the more visitors you’ll  get.

SEO may target different kinds  of search, including content searches through keywords, image searches, video searches, etc.  Our efforts will begin with improving the content / text of our products
We start with considering where our traffic is coming from with specific focus on search engines?

Assuming you have Google Analytics tracking your store, let’s evaluate where we are store is at today  (if you haven’t got GA yet, email me and I’ll help you get set up)

Sign in to Google Analytics,  or click on “web stats” in icraft My Account, and go to the dashboard of your account.

1) Click Traffic Sources in the left navigation bar and click on Traffic sources. Note what your percentages are and record them.

2) Referring sites -  what are your top 10? Record them.

3) Click the link labeled Search Engines. Note who the top 5 are and how many views came from each

4) On the left navigation bar click on Keywords. How many were used to find you? I had 276. Make a list of the top ten keywords. Make a list of keywords that you thought would bring views but didn’t? Are there many keywords that are related. For me related key words are “black and white” and surprisingly “Canada”

5) Now click on traffic sources again  so we can see all visits. Then In the upper right hand corner,  go to the calendar / dates and change it back to Jan 1, don’t forget to highlight the  all the days on the calendar and then click the “apply” button below it. Very briefly tell us  about any  significant changes during this time? Were you listing more or less during those up down periods?

Your assignments is to post the answers to these questions on the forum!
Good luck
Christine
Optional assignments
1)   New bootcampers… make sure you include your store link, twitterlink, blog link on every email from now on by saving that information in your “signature”. If you have any questions on this just ask me.
2)Watch the Google Analytics How-To Videos at   http://analytics.blogspot.com/2008/05/google-analytics-how-to-videos.html
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 02:27:16 pm by iCraft Admin »
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 12:36:41 pm »

After you have done your assignments report your answers / discoveries or your "ah ha" moment here...

https://icraftgifts.com/forum/1189/day-1-assignment-seo-bootcamp-what-happened/

This link is the 2nd message that I will always post right after the homework assignment so we can see results all in one spot!

Good stuff!

Christine
caralyn forstar

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 02:59:58 pm »

I am not yet set up with google analitics help would be greatly appreciated, my daughter sells on Amazon and was lectuing me yesterday that keywords were the most important thing on any ad Smiles, Caralyn
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 03:24:42 pm »

Go to this forum link and admin has posted some info as well as GalleriaLinda...

https://icraftgifts.com/forum/1187/bootcamp-4first-assignment-to-be-posted-friday/

If you still can't get it hooked up email me at
pillowthrowdecor(at)gmail(dot)com

Cheers

Christine
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 1 Assignment, SEO Bootcamp
Jump to:  
Click