Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Announcements & General Discussion  >  New bootcamp?
Pages: [1]
Author

New bootcamp?

PetiteTuques

« on: January 31, 2010, 08:34:23 pm »

Just wondering if there is going to be another bootcamp? I joined when the bootcamp was in its last weeks... and haven't heard anything since.
iCraft Admin

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 09:38:49 pm »

Yes, the last time I've heard from Christine Skaley (aka PillowThrowDecor) https://icraftgifts.com/pillowthrowdecor who runs Sellers' Bootcamp, she was planning another one. When? Well, I'll let Christine answer that question. She has a few ideas for changes to this program, so it's better if she tells you about her plans herself.
Craft Boutique

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 12:22:55 am »

I am looking forward to another Bootcamp too. I was too busy with work last time and couldn't fully participate. I hope to be more active next time. Christine, we miss you here!  :wink:
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 03:47:06 am »

LOL... Hey nice to hear everyone is itching to get going again. Smiley

Everything is almost back to normal at my house... how about yours? Although I no longer travel in the "fast lane" of a career, I am apparently the traffic cop in our "family highway". My word!!!!

So it is time to start thinking about our next Bootcamp.

A few of us have tried to brainstorm how we can  build on the bootcamp experience.

One of the dilemmas is keeping everyone involved for 4 weeks at a time. That is a tough one because everyone has a life outside of our handmade business.

Here are a few suggestions

Post assignments Mon, Wed and Fridays for 4 weeks
Once a week assignments for 6 weeks.
14 day programs with daily assignments
"Workshop" programs that are a week long with daily assignments.

Marketing takes time. So does creating. Creating NEW product and posting good quality, SEO / keyword rich listings is probably one of the most important parts of growing our business... can't beat NEW CONTENT.

i would love to hear everyone's ideas ...especially those of you new to online  sales and icraft.

Cheers
Christine
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 07:38:49 pm »

I'd like one of these.
Craft Boutique

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 09:13:57 pm »

I agree with Ensorcelled Minds. Either option would work for me:

Breaks between assignments will allow us to catch up and ask questions about last assignment, before moving into the new one. For those who work full time, daily assignments could be overwhelming.

Looking forward to new Bootcamp!  Tongue
Callidora

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 09:34:39 am »

Quote from:

[/quote

I participated in all 4 weeks last time, but it was hard to catch my breath.  And sadly, I think everything was so hurried that some of those great things I learned didn't stick.  I'm really looking forward to doing the Bootcamp again and at a slower pace, so I can really incorporate these valuable tips.
Zeba

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 10:00:16 am »

I am new and I don't know much about this program.  Based on the votes before me, I have to agree with all of them.  I need to practice and use a new method a few times before it sticks.  Also, I agree time between assignments is necessary to form questions and time to practice so I vote for either,

I am glad to see this program taking off, looking forward to it.

Sholeh

Weezi

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 12:34:17 pm »

well..I am in agreement with the other ladies.

This would work well for me:

Although....for me anyhow, things won't be so hectic now that Christmas is over.

I am hoping that we can talk about the benefits, pros and cons of:
*giveawys
*contests
* free shipping ( really!!? in Canada with Canada Post??)
*sales...how much,how long and is it the big motivator?
* newsletters..who is reading and are they paying attention.
that kind of thing...

Just my 2 cents worth.
Can't wait to get started again!!!
Lisa Smiley
Thyme2dream

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 02:27:01 pm »

I only participated in the first few days of bootcamp last time then my schedule got CRAZY and I had to drop out. The stuff I did get in on was GREAT!!!!

Timing is important for me- Christmas rush started to hit early and that was a problem- Feb to April are our quietest times here so I vote for a bootcamp sometime in that range if possible:)

Of the options you mentioned I like these two the best:

14 day programs with daily assignments

The Workshop for one week just on one basic topic idea is actually a great one too- dont know if that makes more work for the organizers or not, but daily work for a week (Maybe with a week grace period to finish:) would work any time of year for me personally.

Im not sure if this has been covered before, but Im working hard on getting a smooth running annual, monthly, weekly and daily schedule going for promo, sales, social marketing etc so that I still have time for ART Smiley..it would be fun to see what other people do to schedule their days too!
wabibrookstudio

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 02:30:02 pm »

Hi, I participated in the last bootcamp, and agree that it was a little too fast paced for my schedule. I know I missed out on some valuable information!
 I agree with the others that to
"Post assignments Mon, Wed and Fridays for 4 weeks" or
"Once a week assignments for 6 weeks."
would work better for me.

Weezi (Lisa) made some good suggestions for topics to cover, too.
I know I could use a review of SEO, I think my brain went on overload, and then went on a vacation during that section! Smiley

I'm looking forward to participating in the next Bootcamp!
BeauMonde

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 11:08:59 pm »

I agree, let's slow down the pace - I found it so hard to keep up with all of the assignments and also create, photograph, list, package orders and get to the post office!

Once a week for 6 weeks would work for me. I would like to focus more on SEO and effective keywords etc to get your listings to the top of Google searches ........ and much less on twitter, facebook etc.

Looking forward to bootcamp 4.0
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 12:10:43 pm »

Quote from: "PillowThrowDecor"

"Workshop" programs that are a week long with daily assignments.

I would prefer one of these 3 options.  I didn't participate in the last bootcamp because I knew I would not be able to commit that much time (I had participated in the first 2).  Also, the timing of the last bootcamp was too close to Christmas for me.  I was focussed on preping for shows and creating inventory.

I would also like to know what the proposed topics would be before bootcamp starts so that I can make an informed decision as to if I want to participate or not.  For example, I have made the decision not to use twitter at this time, so a bootcamp that focuses heavily on twitter wouldn't be of use to me.  But topics like SEO would be interesting for me.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Announcements & General Discussion  >  New bootcamp?
Jump to:  
Click