Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  Image Slideshow
Pages: [1] 2  All
Author

Image Slideshow

Fairy Cardmaker

« on: December 03, 2009, 08:12:33 pm »

I find that the "more images" option is rarely used.  I have many products with hundres of views, but only a quarter, if that, of the number of views in the additional photo page.

I have said before, online shoppers are fickle.  Image is everything.  Photos are the number one thing that will hold their eye.  The LESS work the buyer has to do to find them, the better!

Here`s my idea: Is there any way to put thumbnails of the additional photos on the first produt page?  Perhaps at the bottom in a "slide show" type fashion?  A slideshow would be ideal!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 01:26:41 am »

Interesting observation, Ensorcelled Minds! I guess extra click makes a difference.
Yes, we could think of something in terms showing preview of additional  images on the main product page. Thanks for the suggestion!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 01:34:17 pm »

I agree with your suggestion and I am so glad you brought it up.  

The extra thumbnails would encourage people to keep clicking as I believe people will click through pictures before they read the copy!

Thanks so much.

Cheers
Christine
BeauMonde

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 07:20:50 pm »

that would be great ~ main product image with 4 thumbnails beside or below - everything right in front of the customer - hardly anyone clicks on "more images"
Beadlam

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 02:04:11 pm »

Excellent idea - I agree!
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 07:33:26 pm »

I have often thought that too. I think that buyers just don't KNOW there are more photos if you click that big one.

I have hardly any views on the secondary photos so I always stress about which one to put as the main one because that might be all they see.

I am all for thumbnails on the page. I think it will add to the experience.
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 09:24:11 pm »

I agree.  I asked about this last year as it took me a while as a seller to even find the additional photos, and at the time it just wasn't something the site admin was looking at doing.  I sometimes mention in my product description to click on photo to see additional images.

There will always be more views to the product than to the additional photos.  If any of you use etsy, think of how many times you click onto a listing and quickly back out of it, without looking at additional photos, even though they are there as thumbnails.  

However, the difference between number of views to a product and number of views to the additional photos is probably exagerated by the inaccuracy in the number of views that are recorded.  The number of views listed to products seem to be artificially high.  If I look at one of my products right after listing it, I always have 4 views, even if I use the preview button.  If I click on the photos, then I have 5 views to the item.  The view counter seems to count multiple views every time one person looks at the product.
Craft Boutique

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 11:39:38 pm »

I'll have to check the view count again. I remember it worked fine before. Maybe it's a bug?
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 11:40:50 pm »

Hmm interesting observation!
iCraft Admin

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 02:19:47 am »

Sounds like a bug.   :roll:
Views meant to be unique, so if they are not, that's a bug. We'll look into that. Thanks for pointing that out!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 09:46:13 pm »

Bump!  Any update?

Latest product: 2 days; 59 views; 3 views on the "more phots".
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 10:26:44 pm »

Well, since the count was not unique anymore and there is no way to go back and fix the numbers, we decided to keep it as is and simply change the title from "Unique page views" to just "Views".
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 11:00:48 pm »

Oh, sorry - I was speaking to the original topic - about getting the additional photos more visible on our listing pages - via thumbnails or slideshows?

I was merely pointing out that the "more photo" page has dismal views all round, whether unique ones or not!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 12:39:43 am »

I find that the "more images" option is rarely used.  I have many products with hundres of views, but only a quarter, if that, of the number of views in the additional photo page.

I have said before, online shoppers are fickle.  Image is everything.  Photos are the number one thing that will hold their eye.  The LESS work the buyer has to do to find them, the better!

With the holiday season upon us, could I get an update on the plan for implementing a better way to display/view "more photos" on listings?

Thanks in advance.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 02:04:35 pm »

I'll see if we can do it before the holidays. I'll keep you posted.
Pages: [1] 2  All  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  Image Slideshow
Jump to:  
Click