Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  Exhibit Critique
Pages: [1]
Author

Exhibit Critique

Nevaehs Crafts

« on: November 29, 2009, 09:52:49 pm »

Please  Have A Peek At My Exhibit, any criticism will be very helpful...
Thanks..
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 10:42:57 pm »

More pictures.  Online shopping is very visual and very abrupt.  People move quickly in cyberspace - you need to do what you can to hold their attention.

You need to read the SEO optimization threads posted by admin in these forums.  All your pieces have the same title.  What if the search engines think they are duplicates and so only ONE ever gets picked up!

What kind of clasp does it have?  Describe the colours and is there a bead in the centre?

Love your avatar, as I said in your welcome thread.  Your banner seems... I don't know.... pixellated.  Like it was too dark and you tried to sharpen it too much?  I think there are some threads on photography on the forums too.

I love the nature of your craft - recycling magazines in to stylish wearable art!  One man's junk is another man's treasure!
Nevaehs Crafts

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 11:08:45 pm »

Thanks So much..
I really appreciate the help...
iCraft Admin

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 01:03:35 am »

Ensorcelled Minds is absolutely right.

It's not recommended to use identical titles on all products. Here is the post that talks about that https://icraftgifts.com/forum/1076/wrong-keywords-attract-wrong-traffic-or-dont-attract-any/

I also agree that your banner is too pixelated. Sorry, but the same goes for the product images.
For example, we don't choose items for promo ads, if images are pixelated or blurry. A lot of times we put them on hold, and ask people to get better images.

It's harder to sell products online, if they don't look amazing. And that's what quality photos help you to achieve - to make great products look amazing. So if you sell online, investing in a decent camera and picking up some photography skills is not a bad idea.
Here is a good post for that. https://icraftgifts.com/blog/how-to-photograph-your-creations-table-top-photography-101-with-professional-photographer-christopher-gentile-54.php

Btw, I think your products are great.
Hope this helps!  Cool
Craft Boutique

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 10:00:34 pm »

Hi Nevaehs Crafts, I also think that photos are critical to success of selling online. Your current photos don't give your products a justice. But don’t worry, we are all in the same boat when it comes to photos. I had to hire a professional for most of mine. By the way, I think your prices are just fine. Good luck!
Nevaehs Crafts

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 10:46:16 pm »

Thanks Craft Boutique...
I will retake my photos.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  Exhibit Critique
Jump to:  
Click