Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  ADMIN - THIS is a real need :-)
Pages: [1]
Author

ADMIN - THIS is a real need :-)

GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« on: October 05, 2009, 08:03:43 pm »

I know that admin wants us to be successful and make LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of sales! I am willing! Cheesy

What are we going to do with our back office product list then?

I have 47 sales already and that means all of those sold items are in the same list with ones that are active and ones that are on hold for various reasons. It is getting laborious to wade through all of that and try to notice from the note on the side which is which. It is beginning to be a real problem.

Is it feasible to have the sold product go into a folder?

And the on-hold (inactive) products go into another folder?

And leave all the active products in their own folder?

Wow, that would be awesome. If I had 100 sold items and 150 active items and 20 on hold items - what a mess that would be.

*crossing fingers*
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 10:40:59 pm »

Galleria Linda, I second this suggestion.

I have some items on hold for various reasons, and I've been getting confused a little lately with what is "on hold" and what is sold.  Especially when an item I listed sold within a few hours of listing, so then it was an item toward the top of my item list.  

Many (most) of my items are one of a kind, so after they sell, I'm not going to relist them.  Having them hanging around with my other items is going to trip me up one day, I just know it.
iCraft Admin

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 10:50:32 pm »

Hi Linda,

We can certainly make improvements to the "Back Office" space. Smiley I just need to understand which improvements would make most sense. First of all, did you try using "View" filter, located above product table? It gives you a list of "Sold", "Reserved", "Active", On Hold" and "On Sale" products.
However, if you keep changing quantity of the same product after it's being sold, it will appear under "Sold" and "Active" lists, I believe.
If you want to keep those products completely separate, simply clone sold product and keep sold as sold. We keep sold products for historical reasons, so even if you delete that listing, we’ll still be able to retrieve it under Sale details page or link buyer’s feedback for that order.
I am sure there are improvements to be made to how we handle product list, but we need to consider all scenarios before we make any changes.
Feel free to submit your suggestions.

Thanks!  Smiley
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 06:22:55 am »

*blushes* I did not realize about the FILTER! Duh.............. That will be so very useful. Wow, and it was there all along....

Well, let me work with the filter for a while to see if that is just a different, but good way to do it.

thank you!
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 10:52:14 am »

Obviously, I didn't realize we had this filter either.  I probably didn't have a need for it when it was first announced, but I do now.  It's great!  I like that if I have it on Live products when I log out, when I log in again it's still on live products (not on all products).  Thank you, that is really nice.  

I think I may prefer having it set up this way with filters rather than separate pages.  The filter allows me to see everything at once if I want to (live  + hold + sold) or any category individually.
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 03:28:42 pm »

I have played with this and it is just FINE! I cannot believe I never saw this feature but it is a great solution to viewing your different status items.

Thanks! Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  ADMIN - THIS is a real need :-)
Jump to:  
Click