Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  New to icraft?
Pages: [1]
Author

New to icraft?

PillowThrowDecor

« on: September 03, 2009, 12:42:57 pm »

Hey!... if you are new and feeling a bit shy don't be.  

Just jump in on the forum here and say hi and tell us about your creations.  There are many of us here willing to help you get a jump start with some Twitter views.

Its a fun and friendly bunch here and most of us are not really geeky so we help where we can according to our talents.

Cheers

Christine
Pillowthrowdecor
Winged Heart Studio

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 11:40:45 am »

Hello everyone! Excited to be here and looking forward to what we can cook up!

I live in Peterborough, Ontario and I make crafts, write about crafts and coordinate crafty happenings. My newest venture, the Peterborough Downtown Craft Market, opens this Sunday at Peterborough Square, from 10-3. It's handmade vendors only and there will be live music and gift basket giveaways! If you are in the area, come down and see us!

Another exciting venture is my new gig here at iCraft! I'll be a regular contributor but I don't want to say too much in case I spoil the big surprise!

I'll be writing about all sorts of things...maybe even you! Cheesy

I'm adding to my shop here slowly but surely! I am a Design Partner with The Beadin' Path in Maine, BeadFX in Toronto and HHH Enterprises in Texas and will be selling my Designer Creations here at iCraft as soon as they are ready to go!

Looking forward to getting to know you better!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 11:54:43 am »

Glad you are on board.  You'll like it here.  Lots of fun and interesting artisans.

Wow sounds like you have some exciting stuff waiting for us.  Looking forward to it.

Welcome to icraftgifts.com and the forum here.

Cheers
Christine
PillowThrowDecor
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 12:19:39 pm »

Hi and welcome to iCraft!  You sound like you have strong roots in the craft business!  Glad to have you in the community.
designsbydebra

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 02:35:25 am »

Hi Wendy and welcome to iCraft!
I look forward to reading about your crafting adventures! Sounds like you have a lot of crafting experience in the online shops and organizing craft markets.
Nice to see new faces on iCraft!
Deb Cheesy
https://icraftgifts.com/designsbydebra
Nevaehs Crafts

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 09:36:30 pm »

Hello Everyone,
I must say there are some wonderful crafts on this site...
I am new to the on line selling and am slowly learning the ropes...
Still working on my  crafts, Jewellery, Hand Painted Glass and converting old lamps into candle holders..

Just wanted to say Hi ......
Craft Boutique

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 10:02:52 pm »

Sounds like you have a lot on the go... Good for you! Can't wait to see your other creations.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 11:17:25 am »

Hey nice to see you on board Nevaehs Crafts!

I see you are from Vancouver too.  I live in Mission but of course come to Vancouver so often. Maybe we get to meet sometime soon.

Cheers
Christine
Nevaehs Crafts

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 09:10:26 pm »

Hi Christine,
That would be great, so have you had much luck in seling your items on
Icraft?
 Thanks Victoria
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 12:32:06 pm »

icraftgifts.com has been fantastic for me for hooking up with my local buyers. My Canadians appreciate going to my store and seeing everything in Canadian dollars. It is also nice to have "local delivery options".

So to answer to your question I have sold quite a few items through icraft but have not necessarily listed them. Because we don't have a "sellers' fees" it doesn't really make a difference to me whether it is listed or not.

This has been my number one focus in my store but am working on building traffic beyond the borders in 2010. I intend to do that through the icraft blog.  We don't have the worldwide exposure that some of our competing sites but thank goodness we don't have the same number of competing sellers and not lost as roadkill on the front page.

Building views and sales is a lot harder than I thought when I first started online.  In fact it has been a real eyeopener having come from a background of 26 years of face to face sales.

I consider myself a newbie still but I have some very big ambitious goals!!!

I'll head over and check out your store and say hi there!

Cheers
Christine
polkadotmagpie

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 06:15:21 pm »

Hello All,
I just signed up today.   I make personalized jewelry out of recycled materials.  
Suz
Polkadotmagpie@icraftgifts.com [/url]
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 08:10:43 pm »

Welcome polkadot!  Cute birdies!  Tell us a bit more about yourself.  Do you sell in B&M too?  How long have you been doing your craft?  We'd like to "meet" you!
polkadotmagpie

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 01:08:09 pm »

I am a retired tv/movie costumer.  Designing jewelry to be worn by actors for years and made by others.  Decided to put my ideas to work.  I married a very famous custom knife maker and he has an amazing metal working shop, that I have elbowed my way into. :-)  
I have been a master printmaker for 20 some years.  But in this economy I know that craft will do better than fine art.  
I love birds, corvids to be exact.  I also love skulls and have collected skeletons for years.  In my other online shop I sell those.  
I have 2 grown children, the youngest with high functioning autism is doing sooo well out on his own.  I am a big sister with Big Brothers and Big Sisters.  I will have 2 pieces soon that will donate monies to that organization.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 08:18:08 pm »

he has an amazing metal working shop, that I have elbowed my way into

LOL!  Too funny.  My my, I think working behind the scenes in costume or set making has been a fantasy of mine for... EVER!  Unfortunately, I would fare dismally at it, but I certainly appreciate what I see when I go to the movies!

The firm where I work is a sponser of Big Brothers/Big Sisters!  I always go to their "Women of Peel" business luncheon since the firm sponsors a table.  I LOVE silent auctions!  You should put something in one!

One of the staff I mentor also volunteers for thei Big Bunch outtings.  It is a great organization!

Well met, Polkadotmagpie!
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  New to icraft?
Jump to:  
Click