Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  Need some help from Canadian sellers
Pages: [1]
Author

Need some help from Canadian sellers

Daisys Quilt Shoppe

« on: June 30, 2009, 06:48:34 pm »

Hi
I am not sure what currancy to list for payment on my site. Could anyone give me some insight to the benefits of either Canadian or U.S. funds?
Is there a clear preference for most Cdn. sellers?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
D.
BeauMonde

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 08:17:36 pm »

Hi ~ great shop!!

I'm a Cdn seller, but I am listing in $US only because I sell on other sites and I can keep my prices the same across the board ~ just saves me time with the fluctuating currency.  I think that selling in $Cdn might be more attractive to US or European buyers, with the exchange rates for them.
Daisys Quilt Shoppe

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 09:05:53 pm »

Thanks for your response. I am also on different sites all using U.S. funds.
I was under the impression that icraft was mainly a Canadian site and was not sure if having U.S. funds would be a turn off.
D.
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 09:42:09 pm »

I list in Canadian here, even though I sell elsewhere in US dollars.  

I do that to give Canadian buyers an opportunity to know how much things cost without having to think about exchange rates.  I do the work for them this way.  There are so few places where things are listed in Canadian dollars that I'm excited to be able to do that.

My GA info also tells me that more than 50% of the traffic to my shop comes from Canada, unlike other selling sites where most of my traffic is from the US.

Julie
Daisys Quilt Shoppe

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 11:05:47 pm »

Thanks for your response Julie. I appreciate your feedback. If I had an item for 20.00 U.S. what percentage would I use to come to a Cdn. amount for that item? With the exchange rate changing daily I wonder how that is normally calculated for retail items.
D.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  Need some help from Canadian sellers
Jump to:  
Click