Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 25 Friday June 12 2009 Assignment
Pages: [1]
Author

Day 25 Friday June 12 2009 Assignment

PillowThrowDecor

« on: June 12, 2009, 04:34:05 am »

Day 25 Friday  June 12 2009

This is a day of tidying up all the loose ends….

1)Everybody have their indie smiles coupon and stuff all in shape????http://www.indiesmiles.com/smiles-user-guide

2) Blog about your store being in the indie smiles promotions.  Comment on other bootcamper blogs on this subject.

3)I still need to see a lot more “elevator “ copy.  This is the 20 second promo that you would do for your shop when people ask you about your “stuff”

4) Derrick Sutton is an Etsy seller that is one of our Bootcamp sponsors.  Among several ebooks,  he has written “Setting Up Shop” which he has generously offered each of us bootcampers a copy.  He has set up a basic website for us to visit and download a free copy of this ebook.  See the link below.  He has lots of good ideas… especially making videos (but that is for advanced Bootcamp)!!! When you click on the link below you will be required to wait and confirm your registration and then he will send another email to you with the link for the download (total 2 emails from Derrick).  Your assignment this weekend is to read and absorb the ebook.  You will be pleased to know that you have been doing a lot of the right things the past 3 weeks!!!    Here is his message that he has asked me to pass on to each of you.
Hi Christine,

I have a very basic site up where people can sign up and get the free eBook (Setting Up Shop) and also any updates, Etsy/Craft Marketing Tips or special offers.
Can you please pass this on:

http://www.sellonetsy.com/

Speak soon and hope the Bootcamp is going well!
Cheers,
Derrick
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 07:41:25 am »

Good morning and TGIF!

I have my IndieSmiles promo ready to go (when does it start??) and have blogged about it:

http://gillianbeads.blogspot.com/2009/06/bootcampers-specials-on-indiesmiles.html

I'm going to give my discount by Paypal refund....it's really easy to do, not intimidating at all!  If anyone needs instructions I'll point the way.

OK, here goes...

In the elevator....

Potential Customer: "That's a really pretty necklace!"

Me:  "Thank you so much; it's for a lady down the hall!  I made it....I have a small jewellery business and home glass studio where I make my own lampwork beads.  It's a great "creative outlet" for me.  Here's a business card...I have a website where you can look at my jewellery and beads.  I do a lot of custom orders too."  Have a great day!

...elevator door opens

Whew....wipes sweaty palms on pants.
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 07:55:41 am »

I've tried to obtain the ebook but haven't been sent a confirmation email yet...should I contact Derrick?
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 11:00:05 am »

Yes... leave him a message. He set up his site especially for us and just finished it a day ago so it probably still needs some fine tuning.

I loved your elevator story LOLOL
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 11:59:37 am »

Worked well for me and reading now. What a great benefit, Christine. How do you get these great things for us?

* still working on my elevator shstick * well.... I am thinking about working on it ...LOL.

Update: Just read the ebook - it is a GREAT outline of important things to setup your shop for sales. Thanks Christine!!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 12:34:44 pm »

Foundation rule in business, always ask for what you want...
... ask nicely
... ask clearly
... ask firmly
Say thank you and look to return the favor if a favor is owed.

Easy peasy as Loopy4u always says Smiley
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 05:16:08 pm »

Okay, here's my elevator speil...

Thank you.  This is one of my own designs.  I make one of a kind pieces of jewelry using a variety of beautiful stones, artisan made glass, sterling silver and copper.  Have a look at my icraft shop (this is where I whip out a business card from the card holder attached to my key chain) to see more examples of my work.  I also make custom pieces.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 06:56:05 pm »

BrilliantBeads and Jewelry Without Borders,
Could you add emphasis to your favourite parts of your jewelry?  For example:
- Brilliant Beads could add "I just love watching the glass blend together." (or something - I know nothing about lampwork beads.)
- JWB could add, "It always amazes me the colours these natural stones can come in - you wouldn't ordinarily think that about "rocks"." Or something.  (I like stones, so that's what my mind focused on when I read your blurb.)

I just think you are missing an opportunity to connect emotionally - to spread a little bit of your passion for your work.
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 06:58:23 pm »

Ensorcelled Minds, how about coming over to the marketing forum and writing about connecting with your audience emotionally. Your comments are excellent!
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 09:09:20 am »

I still can't get the ebook link to work...not sure why I'm not getting the confirmation email to activate it.

I tried searching Etsy for Derek...do you have a link Christine?
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 09:40:47 am »

BrilliantBeads here is Derrick's Etsy shop - you can convo...

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6982647

or

http://craftingsuccess.etsy.com is the shop name

I would be happy to email the link but I think it is specific to the email address. If that does not work, email me and I will share what info I have.
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 05:41:40 pm »

Thanks, I emailed him...we'll get it figured out.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 03:24:32 am »

Thanks for helping out Linda!

I hope that you have it now Brilliant Beads.

I have had such a full week that I just haven't had time to really inhale every page.  That is what I will do in the morning over first cup of coffee  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 25 Friday June 12 2009 Assignment
Jump to:  
Click