Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 17 Idea #3
Pages: [1]
Author

Day 17 Idea #3

PillowThrowDecor

« on: June 04, 2009, 12:20:28 pm »

What do you think about a Christmas in July Sale for everyone in icraft not just boot campers. Everyone would try and generate 2-6 items that can be “odd socked” price of $5 or 50% off.  Should we start introducing some Christmas items?  Should we run it for the last weekend or should it be a whole week?  Any more ideas?
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 02:02:06 pm »

OOOOooo that is a great idea.

I have read that the best online selling/buying times are Monday and Tuesday because people don't have time at home to shop online so they do it at work, it seems.  :?

I like keeping sales timelines shorter though because it creates urgency. Maybe have it Saturday night to Tuesday night?

Just thinking out loud....
Trish

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 06:14:02 pm »

Love the idea! And agree with Linda's assessment of how to go about it....I'm up for anything to try and get some sales!

Trish
mountaindreamers

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 06:15:59 pm »

I am ready to go!!
caralyn forstar

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 06:58:25 pm »

Love the idea, I'm in
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 09:19:02 pm »

I could come up with a few items that were "deep discounted".

I agree with some of the other comments though that we don't want to foster the undervaluation of our products, and teach customers to only shop a sale.

I think running the sale for 4 days would be a good length of time...perhaps Saturday - Tuesday, or Thursday - Sunday.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 10:13:08 pm »

I like the limited edition idea too!
OR, free shipping (but my items are not heavy, so I'm biased).  I just think free shipping does not train the buyer to devalue your product price as much as a discount does.
mountaindreamers

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 07:14:55 am »

I agree about the free shipping, I would rather offer that than lower prices to zip. Good point , Laura

http://mountaindreamers.blogspot.com
https://icraftgifts.com/mountaindreamers
Loopy4ewe

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 08:13:27 am »

We could do a mix.
I have some items that I'd love to get rid of to make more room - I'd rather offer the deeper discount then free shipping since the actual shipping will be $9-$12 that I'd have to pay out of pocket. Where as the items I'd discount I'd be happy just to get back the money for the materials!
designsbydebra

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 02:16:17 am »

I agree with the Christmas in July sale, deep discounts rather than free shipping and the sale being 4 days.
Deb
 Cheesy
icraftgifts.com/designsbydebra
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 12:33:35 pm »

Should we create some Christmas items like Christmas stockings,Christmas jewelry or glitzy stuff, seasons Christmas beenie hats.  We would need to get this stuff ready with some lead time so we can start advertising with it and admin maybe can run a promotional widget.  Boy oh boy pictures will have to be stunning.

We will aim for the last Saturday July 25th to 29th inclusive.

we will promote it to all icraft sellers we'll start sign up right away as admin need s to get stuff prepared for this... there must be a long groan in an office somewhere when they read this.... I'm  a real make work program Smiley

we will promote "odd sock" specials as 5$ or 50%

we will promote any other free shipping or other discount shopping

We'll turn our Specials on and off for just that period and remove any Christmas in July promtional announcements right away when it is over.

Do we want to do any draws for a gift certificates for the public that registers as a buyer... like it they register they enter for a draw.  the prize could be a 10 or 15 or 20 gift certificate in every "registered shop participating in the Christmas sale"... say 12 month time limit on the coupons... that way we may all get lucky Smiley  ... I'm looking for ideas here.  My objective is to get new registered buyers and they opt in and maybe we can if they want to opt in to a newsletter for next  sale, sales, individual shop  sales... whtever... I am looking for ideas here.

Bring em on...
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 12:49:33 pm »

I'm sorry.  I cannot afford an discount and an odd sock and a gift certificate on top.

I have an idea to make something for the odd sock deal but that's a single limited item of my choosing.  Gift certs are carte blanche and very little, if anything, in my entire shop is or will be over $10.

It won't work for me.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 01:26:00 pm »

Hey EM... Not to worry at all.... this will work for some but not for allas each sellers product is so different.  We will include everyone one way or another... and we are still throwing out ideas.

Cheers
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 17 Idea #3
Jump to:  
Click