Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 15 Tuesday June 2 2009 check-out
Pages: 1 2 [All]
Author

Day 15 Tuesday June 2 2009 check-out

PillowThrowDecor

« on: June 02, 2009, 04:26:57 am »

catchup... done?
Elephant Dance

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 09:01:10 am »

Hi All!

I'm not sure if I am writing in the correct thread but I just wanted to come by and say that its great to be here! I'm in NY, pretty close to Canada Smiley

I run http://indiesmiles.com with Sue and we hope that your participation in our Coupon Directory will add to your bootcamp experience.

At this time, we have seven submissions from bootcampers. We hope that at least 13 more bootcampers join in.

Don't forget that two lucky submissions will be chosen for an upgrade: one will be our featured store and another will receive a full write up under our program we call showboat smiles.

So don't miss out!

Once Christine feels that she's gotten enough subscribers to indiesmiles, we will run the discount campaign.

Make bootcamp work for you!
El
p.s. Just a friendly reminder that when our website actually asks you to login to paypal, ignore that. We just need your info. from the first form. After all this is free!
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 10:42:15 am »

All done for today...great feeling.

I added my iCraftGifts.com shop to my Google Analytics account and will just wait for it to go live.

I tried the itools site...have to look around some more.

Left comments on all the blogs, signed up at IndieSmiles with a coupon, but didn't know to ignore the Paypal, so I paid the $1USD.  Oh well.

Keep going my iCraft friends...we're learning so much!
Elephant Dance

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 10:51:53 am »

thanks brilliant beads for the sign up on indiesmiles.com. I just refunded your payment Smiley

Just 12 more signups to go.

happy sales!

El

Quote from: "Brilliant Beads"
All done for today...great feeling.

I added my iCraftGifts.com shop to my Google Analytics account and will just wait for it to go live.

I tried the itools site...have to look around some more.

Left comments on all the blogs, signed up at IndieSmiles with a coupon, but didn't know to ignore the Paypal, so I paid the $1USD.  Oh well.

Keep going my iCraft friends...we're learning so much!
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 11:04:43 am »

Thank you so much Elephant Dance!
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 01:25:41 pm »

I am able to do Indie Smiles, but I swear, for the life of me I don't get it. I have read all the posts with instructions...lol!!

OK, so I just signed up but saw no place to tell Indie Smiles what discount I can offer.

I did not log into PayPal so did not pay.

So...........icraft sellers, so someone buys something at a discount then what? Do I make instructions somewhere to not complete the sale then I will send an invoice from PayPal?

Sorry to be so dense!!! Help?
Elephant Dance

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 01:35:40 pm »

hi gallerialinda,

If you can email me your discount I can place it in the directory. el@tantalizingstitches.com

What was supposed to happen is that you include this information in the "description" part. Don't worry though because I can edit and include it in.

When someone redeems a discount you can do one of two things. If the customer already paid by paypal, you can refund the portion of the discount by going into the "details" of the paypal payment. Scroll to the bottom and click "refund".

If the customer has not yet paid, you can send them a paypal invoice. Log in to paypal and click on "request money". Then, click on "create an invoice".

That should work!
happy sales!
El
Quote from: "GalleriaLinda"
I am able to do Indie Smiles, but I swear, for the life of me I don't get it. I have read all the posts with instructions...lol!!

OK, so I just signed up but saw no place to tell Indie Smiles what discount I can offer.

I did not log into PayPal so did not pay.

So...........icraft sellers, so someone buys something at a discount then what? Do I make instructions somewhere to not complete the sale then I will send an invoice from PayPal?

Sorry to be so dense!!! Help?
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 01:38:34 pm »

Oh thank you!!! I will email the discount info now.

This really isn't hard...really!

How long does this last - did I read 14 days? When does it start? Do I need to put that in the description?
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 02:24:05 pm »

Hey Elephant dance!  or should I say El at indiesmiles.com .  Thanks so much for jumping in on the forum to help out.

I'm going to get some messages out and I am sure we can easily russtle up 20 sellers.  I know everyone has been working so hard they just haven't had time to get it together or get their ad done.

We are on it!!!
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 05:16:32 pm »

Okay, today is a first for me.  I completed all of todays assignments today!   :lol:

I submitted my info to indiesmiles (20% off).
I entered the draw on polkadotpixels site.
I commented on the blogs and articles.
And I got my GA code - can't wait to GA to go live!

And I even chatted up icraft again on my jewelry forum!

Julie
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 05:20:10 pm »

I did some assignments!

I signed up for Indie Smiles (25% off entire shop excluding shipping fees!)
    Handled my GA account
    I listed two new earrings
    I completed listings for a necklace and bracelet but holding until tomorrow (will clone
I discovered in my back office that I can automatically discount my items!! Whoohooo..... Indie Smiles here I come!

Well,I am at least doing something every day!!!!
Naturliche

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 06:35:35 pm »

I signed up on indiesmiles - El, not sure if it worked or not.
Are we supposed to hear back?

I also posted comments on each link that i could.  I skipped a couple because i wasn't a member and its a lot to keep track of.  

I also signed up for the analytics.. and awaiting instructions for that =)

WHOOSH.. off to micheal's to replace my heat gun!
ta-ta for now!
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 06:41:26 pm »

Here I go again....confused about Indie Smiles. In my defense, I just got back from a trip and am running in circles...lol!

OK WHEN does the indie smiles discount coupon go live?

I need to reduce the pricing in the shop - can anyone tell me when? Am I late? Or has it not been determined?

THANKS for your patience!!!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 07:11:17 pm »

Done for the day!

(Waves at El!)  Sorry, I'm not doing the coupon.  My items are already very low prices, a coupon wouldn't really be a great offer.

(On the plus side, I have brainstormed something for the pending odd sock event!)
Elephant Dance

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 09:47:34 pm »

Hi EncorcelledMinds Smiley

no problem about that! i was taking a look at someone's listings (i think on etsy) and she included that if you live near a certain store (maybe she has a brick and mortar store but I don't think so - maybe just a deal with that store) you can pick it up and she'll refund the shipping costs. Since this site tailors to Canada (i know its big but still), it might be an idea to include in your listings - if you are willing to do it.

anyways i just wanted to update you all. we have ten sign ups! just ten more Smiley

Christine, tell me when you finalize the coupon start date.

happy sales!
El

Quote from: "Ensorcelled Minds"
Done for the day!

(Waves at El!)  Sorry, I'm not doing the coupon.  My items are already very low prices, a coupon wouldn't really be a great offer.

(On the plus side, I have brainstormed something for the pending odd sock event!)
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 10:15:11 pm »

Is there anywhere I can get a list or PM me.  I can see I am going to have to beat up a few people.... actually 10

We can do this... We WILL DO THIS

I think for some there has been an issue of the ad graphics.

I'm on it.
designsbydebra

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 11:20:32 pm »

I think I'm caught up on almost all the assignments. I tried several times to leave comments on the blogs but Microsoft kept kicking me off two of them.
Unfortunately my sale from Craigslist last week didn't pay when I sent her the PayPal invoice but I'm not discouraged.
I'm already for Google Analytics!
Had a email convo with El from IndieSmiles and I'm all set with that as well.
Deb Cheesy
icraftgifts.com/designsbydebra
StudioduSoleil

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 12:56:52 am »

Tied up my loose ends on this list. One or two of the blogs doesn't allow me to comment without having some id or another though.

My camera came back in the mail today all fixed and focusing again! There are a few pics to retake in the next few days so that I can post the 3 items that are ready to list.

Thank you for the catch up day...it was much needed!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 01:02:49 am »

Having id's on these blog sites is a good thing because we are going to be ramping up blogging and cross promoting.

When ever you have to create a new account do so with your store name and passwords are easy to remember when you email them to yourself and create a file in your inbox for "accounts".

If you do not like giving out your personal email then set up a gmail account in Google and just forward your emails to your personal.  that way you can turn it on or off as you wish.
Zs Knees

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 04:33:18 am »

I am SOO happy to see my shop filling up a little bit now! And I'm just getting started, vrrrroooom Cool

Close to being caught up-- some more articles to get to tomorrow, some more kaboodling and a critique....

El, thanks for coming on, you've been a big help.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 04:56:46 am »

Good for you! I see those three new star pillows.

Google trend reports say that the search for "kids pillows" is on the rise.  So whip some more up you will be ready for the wave of kid-pillow-buyers!

Cheers
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 07:53:05 am »

OK, so it has not started. Whew. I will get into the flow now.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 11:39:55 am »

Ok Linda!  Fill er' up.  I wanna see 150 items by tonight!

Says me... :oops:
Zs Knees

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2009, 01:35:01 am »

Google trend reports say that the search for "kids pillows" is on the rise.  So whip some more up you will be ready for the wave of kid-pillow-buyers!

Cheers[/quote]

Ooo, it's crazy you could know that-- I can see right now I'm going to be addicted to this GA thing!! How exciting!
Pages: 1 2 [All]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 15 Tuesday June 2 2009 check-out
Jump to:  
Click