Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 11 Urgent Assignment
Pages: [1]
Author

Day 11 Urgent Assignment

PillowThrowDecor

« on: May 29, 2009, 04:51:51 am »

Day 11 Friday May 29

PROMOTION

Urgent action required … Please get this done ASAP… hopefully before Monday morning.

A while back I was able to negotiate with Indie Smiles some free advertising for Bootcampers and promotion for icraftgifts.com  The ads are for those sellers offering some sort of discount and will be advertised on this with a discount coupon.  So you as a seller needs to decide how much you will discount.  I reecived this email from EL which I would like you to read and get on it ASAP as they wanted us to be up and running June 1.  Here is what she wrote…

The duration is 14 days. The earliest we could start is June 1, since the current coupon ends May 31. You should give them enough time to sign up and prepare their shop (we provide graphics that can be used to help advertise) before the coupon starts.
 The coupon directory will be located here: http://www.indiesmiles.com/directory/

Please remind them to read the directions (especially part 4, which includes the smiles pledge), which are located here: http://www.indiesmiles.com/wp-content/plugins/oiopub-diect/purchase.php?do=link&zone=0
 Also, please remind them to include the promotion they are offering in their description with a coupon code that the customer needs to redeem it. You can see the examples already in place.
 At the end it will ask for payment and to login to paypal. Remind them not to do that part (since this is a free offer). We just need them to fill out the form so that we have the info to put on the directory.
 We will pick one lucky person to feature (with a full writeup) and one person as a "store feature" which we will need a 125x125 image from them to post at the top of the directory.

Also, if you get 20 people to sign up from bootcamp we will highlight icraftgifts.com and your bootcamp in the coupon directory.

I hope that brings incentive to all your participants and thanks so much for helping all these crafters out!
El

SHOPKEEPING
1) Go to the list of bootcampers and pick the shop that is 5 shops before you. Scan through their shop and identify their best listing and their worst listing. Give honest critiques about their PRESENTATION of their product.  Be kind and be helpful.  Check for things like photography (lighting and angle), staging of the item, written description, spelling, tags, etc.  anything else that could be constructive criticism. Private message your comments to the seller on the “worst” listing and the “best listing” brag about it in the What Happened thread.  I know that some of my good pictures don’t even come close to some of the bad pictures.  If the shop that you have to critique has nothing in their shop go on to the next one to the left.
I have kept the list short today because it is very important that today’s assignment  get done right away so you don’t miss the free ad two week ad.

Have a really good weekend
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 08:16:01 am »

Christine, that's a great promotion offer!

I will have a look at the rules today, and get it together tomorrow.

...then I'll Kaboodle and write the reviews....gotta keep caught up.

Have a great weekend everyone!! Stay motivated with this!!
BeauMonde

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 12:35:22 pm »

the second link for Indie Smiles is not working ...... and I can't find anywhere to sign up for this

I'm confused ....... please help, I'm not so great at new internet stuff  :?
designsbydebra

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 02:23:36 pm »

I need some direction with the Indiesmile sign up as well. I would like to see iCraft highlighted too!
Thanks
Deb Smiley
Naturliche

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 02:40:40 pm »

2nd link isn't working for me either.
So, From what i see, we just have to offer a discoutn and they'll offer it on thier site - we just have to provide a cupon code?
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 12:30:00 pm »

I think this is where the second link was to send people as it talks about the coupon campaigns.

http://www.indiesmiles.com/wp-content/plugins/oiopub-direct/purchase.php?do=link&zone=0

And this link might be helpful too.

http://www.indiesmiles.com/join-indiesmiles/our-smiles-program-2/#userguide

Christine, how much traffic does this site get?  Before deciding to invest the time to set this up, I would like to know the traffic they have, as I wonder how much exposure advertizing here might generate for my shop (or icraft in general).

Julie
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 03:11:09 pm »

I don't know how much trafic they get but I know that 42,000 people have signed up on the handmade pledge so that says something.

Thanks for the help with the links.

I will go back and check and see what I did wrong with the link. Sorry I am still learning.

Cheers

Christine
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 03:27:56 pm »

We have an article about icraft coming here probably right at the beginning of the week... it has been written and submitted.

Basically all we have to do is put together an ad.  If you get stuck email polkadotpixels.com and she can fix you up with something fairly quickly I think.  I had 3 or 4 ads done at once so that I was ready for anything.

With this ad, we decide what kind of discount we want to offer which I believe runs for 2 weeks and the coupon code I am going to use is something simple that a buyer can write in the comments and then I will do a refund because I don't know that icraft is set up to do coupons before checkout. Sorry, another area I am still learning.

Sign up as a follower too.  They don't have many yet...I'm not sure why.  Maybe this is a new site? But what the heck I'm new too! Smiley

If anyone gets stuck here just email me directly and will walk you through.  I am doing my stuff tonight for this.

Cheers
Christine
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 03:34:01 pm »

Quote from: "BeauMonde"
the second link for Indie Smiles is not working ...... and I can't find anywhere to sign up for this

I'm confused ....... please help, I'm not so great at new internet stuff  :?

The link to sign up is at the bottom of the page in this link
http://www.indiesmiles.com/wp-content/plugins/oiopub-direct/purchase.php?do=link&zone=0

At the bottom, there is a small box that says "Ad Zones" that has a drop down menu.  Select the appropriate category for your shop, and that will bring you to the sign up page.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 03:39:08 pm »

Thanks ever so much Jewels..

Christine
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2009, 03:47:36 pm »

Quote from: "PillowThrowDecor"
Basically all we have to do is put together an ad.  If you get stuck email polkadotpixels.com and she can fix you up with something fairly quickly I think.  I had 3 or 4 ads done at once so that I was ready for anything.

With this ad, we decide what kind of discount we want to offer which I believe runs for 2 weeks and the coupon code I am going to use is something simple that a buyer can write in the comments and then I will do a refund because I don't know that icraft is set up to do coupons before checkout. Sorry, another area I am still learning.

Do we really need to prepare an ad?  When I browsed through the site, and the coupon directory, it seemed as though all that was necessary was the name of our shop (with a clickable link) as well as a description of the promotion (like 10% off) with the coupon code.  Where would the ad be?

I noticed that some of the current shops that have a coupon mention it in their shop announcement and some don't.  If the point is for those that use the indie smiles site to be the only ones who get the discount, then the code isn't necessary in the shop annoucement.  But if the point of the site is to gather up all the shops that are offering a promotion in one place, then a shop could mention in the discount code in their annoucement so that everyone that goes to their shop can get the discount, not just the people who use the indie smiles site.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 03:50:47 pm »

I'm not totally positive but I think we are on a list plus have an ad in a sidebar.  They are in the process of changing over from batch of ads I think to this new batch (us).  If you want , give her an email, or I can do so later on tonight.

Thanks
designsbydebra

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2009, 08:56:40 pm »

I signed up on IndieSmile for a jewelry shop advertising coupon cost $1.00. It worked fine because I received an email confirming that I signed up. They will contact me when my ad is ok'd. Can't wait to see what happens next!
Deb Cheesy
icraftgifts.com/designsbydebra
Zs Knees

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 01:03:42 am »

I've tried twice to sign up for the IndieSmiles thing, and both times after filling in the blanks on the questionnaire, it says there was an error and to try again later.

I'm a little unclear about the whole thing anyway, but I thought I'd at least try to get that far. If I need to make an ad (does that mean something with graphics, or is it just the info in the description section of the questionnaire?) I don't think I'll be able to do it anyway...

Anyone else struggling with all this?

I'll try to get some sewing done tonight, and check back tomorrow...
StudioduSoleil

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 03:14:30 am »

I've been getting error messages too. I'm running Firefox...does it seem to be a browser problem maybe? I've tried at 3 different times just in case.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 11 Urgent Assignment
Jump to:  
Click