Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 8 May 26 Assignment
Pages: 1 2 [All]
Author

Day 8 May 26 Assignment

PillowThrowDecor

« on: May 26, 2009, 03:38:38 am »

Day 7 Monday, May 25, 2009

PROMOTION

1)  Take a break from listing on Free Ad sites.  I would rather you use the time to do any catch-up work as I know that many were away yesterday.

SHOPKEEPING
1) Create a new listing in your store or tidy up old listings or clean up your bio ... go to our expert threads if you need help.  we have a lot of valuable volunteer talent here

NETWORKING
If you have finished setting up your facebook page get it done today. I am going to check out what kind of groups may be interesting and maybe we should start an icraft group???

Miscellaneous

1) Go to the Bootcamp page where we are all listed.  Decide if you are in the top half or the bottom half.  Make note of all the sellers in “your” half. I would like you to visit each of their products and pick one item of theirs that you especially like and KABBOODLE it.

This starts us in cross promotion exercises that we will be doing this week.
Have got some more fun and exciting stuff lined up this week. Hint… I want you to think of at least one item that you could feel comfortable offering it at a “door crasher” price.  If you are all game we are going to get ready for an icraft “OPENHOUSE” … ODDSOCK SALES… and buyer discount coupons and we all get some free ad space on a super traffic blog…. So get ready.  

We have another sponsor on board… Derrick… check him out and he is offering us something cool. ... which is just a small part of a really big picture... More on that later.

Cheers  Christine
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 05:04:55 am »

Christine, I've lost the list....what thread is it in?
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 08:03:30 am »

Okay, I guess I will need to find out what Kaboodle is...  But cross-promotion is a great idea!  For those that are on etsy, I guess it would be similar to creating a team treasury.  Only this will be to the outside world, not just those that already use this site.  

Christine, you would like us to Kaboodle an item for each store in our half of the bootcampers list?  So that means each person Kaboodles about 24-25 items?

Julie
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 08:04:54 am »

FYI - icraft has a facebook group - everyone should join!

http://www.facebook.com/icraft#/pages/iCraftca/7670217021?ref=ts
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 10:12:18 am »

I joined the iCraft facebook group...well, became a fan.

It doesn't show up as a group on my search...I'm brand new to facebook.  Should it also show up on my homepage?
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 10:14:11 am »

Ya know, ever since FB changed their layout I can find NOTHING!

I can't find groups I have joined either and have to search for them with the search box. Dumb.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 10:17:33 am »

https://icraftgifts.com/sellers_bootcamp.php

I am hoping you see the same screen that I do.  Mine is a wee bit different as admin has set a special something page for me to do the assignment posting.  It is near the bottom of the page and we are all there with our avatars.

The sponsor list is right below it.

I hope everyone can find it all right?  Otherwise I can ask admin if they can put all those buttons in a thread.

Let me know.

Cheers

Christine
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 11:09:39 am »

GalleriaLinda, I thought I was the only one having problems....thanks for the reassurance!

Thanks Christine, I used the avatar list...and just posted a link to my Kaboodle list on the other, #3 thread for today.
The Gifted Nest

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 12:42:07 pm »

you won't find icraft under "find groups" because it's a facebook page and not a group. If you type icraftca in the search bar, it should work. Then click on "become a fan". Then on your facebook page: click on the info tab. There you'll find "your basic information", "personal information","contact" ....scroll further down and you should see "Groups" and below that "Pages" icraft should be listed under pages
Let me know if you need help....i'm quite familiar with facebook
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 12:53:08 pm »

Well....I never....

Thanks GiftedNest - that was perfect and I found all my pages and groups! I would never look for them there.

Thanks!!
The Gifted Nest

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 12:57:25 pm »

Glad I could help Smiley
By the way, my name is Guylaine
The Gifted Nest

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 01:01:42 pm »

One quick question: Where can we download this: All registered Bootcampers are getting Derrick's training video, customized specifically for iCraft for free download.
It's called "How to Make a YouTube Video of your Creations and Increase Visitors to your iCraft Exhibit".
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 01:02:41 pm »

I did not know this - that sounds exciting so waiting for answer too.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 01:20:28 pm »

You guysa re just way to fast for me.

The link is not there yet as I am holding off on it for a bit until we get some more stuff lined up... Give me a couple of days.  You all will just fall over in your boots when we tell you what is in the think tank.  So coolllllllllllllllllllll.
The Gifted Nest

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 01:29:38 pm »

LOL  oops
kaboodle is confusing me... created an acct, did the profile thing...now what? lol
is icraft on kaboodle? i see etsy is on there. should we start an icraft group on kaboodle also? can i promote my store there?
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 06:11:32 pm »

I can't wait to hear all about the YouTube bit!

I posted in the other part of today's thread but everyone is hanging out here today, LOL.

Still confused about facebook...I go to info and I have Basic Information, Contact Information, and Education, but nothing further down the page.

I know Kaboodle...at the top centre of your profile page it will say:
Create....List/Poll/Styleboard/Blogazine

Choose create a list, name it and add selections to it.  Include tags so people can find them when they search.  I did it for the first 25 today

http://www.kaboodle.com/gillianbeads/what-great-things-i-found-on-icraftgifts.com?v=LIST

I copied and pasted the tags from their iCraft listings.

Hope that helps,
Gillian
iCraft Admin

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 07:12:10 pm »

That's a great work, Brilliant Beads!
Imagine if each of 1800 Creators have posted 25 products for others on Kaboodle? We'd be in a real good shape. Smiley
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2009, 07:28:48 pm »

I made a kaboodle account and starting kaboodling!

Did about 12 I think as several did not have products in their shops.

Now, what are styleboards and can they be used to promote?

I friended the iCraft people I could find. Please put iCraft in your tags so we can find you! This is exciting!
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2009, 07:53:22 pm »

Admin, wow, wouldn't that be something??!!! It's great having this group for Bootcamp...really motivating.  Thanks for the support!

GalleriaLinda, congrats on your new Kaboodling! Can you post a link to your list so we can all ooh and aah?

I'm going to go and friend some iCrafters now.
Craft Boutique

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2009, 11:13:46 pm »

Hi Guys!
I've been checking the products of my "half" sellers. And wow! After a couple of hours I feel lost! It's all is so creative and so inspiring! I would feel guilty to pick one item over another... Well, I'll post as many items as I could. I actually used to do it with Wists, I already posted a lot of iCraft items there. Is Kaboodle better than Wists, if it's a correct question to ask? Or maybe it all works its own way, and it's just a number game.
Ok, I'll continue tomorrow.
Good night and good luck!
The Knitting Lady

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 11:22:45 pm »

Hello,
I have cleaned up my store and profile, and I'm ready for the Open House. Can I offer more than 1 item? I do love all my creatures, but I want to share them with the world. Smiley
Christine, thank you for the tips, all your ideas are just brilliant!
The Knitting Lady
BeauMonde

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2009, 11:24:23 pm »

Hi everyone!!

I started to kaboodle, took me awhile to figure it out, but I think that later on this week I should be 100% there.  Will make my list of iCraft selections too.  I found a couple of iCrafters and friended them - this is such a great cross promotion.
http://www.kaboodle.com/beaumonde

I also listed a few more things on youcraft.org, getting quite a few views from there ...... I am also looking into buying ad space on some fashion type blogs.   Okay, all for now, will check back in tomorrow,

cheers,
Rona - Beau Monde
iCraft Admin

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 12:00:13 am »

Linda, I am with you on the Facebook thing. I also find their interface confusing.

Btw, we have “Photo Albums” setup on Facebook for you guys to add your photos. Can you please tell me if you are able to add your photos to the pool of photos or not? I need to test that part.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 12:07:51 am »

I had  to laugh when I saw the assignemtn thread all lit up like a Christmas tree... we are supposed to be on the what happened thread and the other one too but  what the heck this thread is more interesting!

I am just so excited I can hardly stand it!

GalleriaLinda has reached PRINCESS STATUS AT MY HOUSE!!! I have been whining and whining about making a web site for so long and she waived this magic wand somewhere and poooofffff I have a website!

While I am a highly intelligent person my field of smarts is not broad enough to cover websites and techie html stuff . My  brain just can't get there from here.

I am so grateful for this bootcamp and all the wonderful people that I am meeting.  And Linda.... I am going to beg that I may sew her drapes for her whole house for trade of her brilliance in web building.

Oh my Gawwwwwd.  I can hardly wait to show everyone.

I have a gazillion emails to answer and pillows to finish but just wanted to tell everyone the good news.  My first pillow that I will paste in my web gallery is the one that I laboured on today in between emails with Linda... silhouette of white bird and branch on black with Scalamandre trim.... it is sooooooooo yummy.

Oh my word what a day.  Honest to Gawwwd I don't know how I am going to keep up with all of you... everyone is doing circles around me.  I am so proud of everyone and I am especially proud to be in such fine company as all of you bootcampers.

Amazing!
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 09:29:54 am »

* princess* LOL!
mountaindreamers

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2009, 10:16:47 pm »

I have joined the icraft fB page , whew
Pages: 1 2 [All]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 8 May 26 Assignment
Jump to:  
Click