Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Assignment 3 May 21 What Happened???
Pages: [1]
Author

Assignment 3 May 21 What Happened???

PillowThrowDecor

« on: May 21, 2009, 02:30:49 am »

I love reading this part!

Christine
StudioduSoleil

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 06:41:10 pm »

Well, today I spent most of the day on the phone! I had a few things to work out at work (I only work weekends, so I had to phone head office from home) and I had to arrange warranty service on my camera (I slipped a business card in the box that I mailed off to Panasonic attached to the copy of my receipt). My daughter has dance class tonight and I may only be able to squeeze in the computer stuff today. I did visit and read onthedotcreations during my morning coffee and I ordered some supplies as well that I was low on. If I don't have an opportunity to post a new item today, I will try to make up for it over the weekend!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 06:45:45 pm »

Wow.  Sounds like you are a busy Mom and I am so proud of you that you are putting it all together and doing your stuff!!!

Christine
Zs Knees

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 08:17:01 pm »

I did get my pictures late last night, so I went ahead and posted an ad on craigslist. But when I checked on it less than 12 hours later, it wasn't there...

I can only guess that it was flagged and removed??? Anyone else had this happen?
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 08:40:20 pm »

Did you look in the right spot? I loose them sometimes because I post in different communities in this Vancouver "metropolis"

Try posting ad with no shop name just your gmail like this
Pillowthrowdecor (at) gmail (dot com).

Christine
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 09:04:52 pm »

I listed a new item and I read the two blot posts referenced.  

I agree with many of the tips in the savvy sellers ebook, especially the ones about advertizing where your target market can be found.  I know that knowing your target market and where your target market is found is very important and that communicating with them (those likely to buy your product) rather than the masses that have no interest in your product is key to success.  

So here's my challenge at the moment.  I don't think that for me, listing ads on Kijiji, Craiglist, etc. is going to be a great use of my time (which is very limited already) or will lead to future customers.  I don't think that people looking for hand made, one of a kind jewelry are going to look for it in those locations.  And those looking for a bargain on those sites are not likely to be interested in my product.  I'm not trying to be negative, but I think that I need to find a different venue to advertize my jewelry.  I'm just not sure what that venue is right now.  

And you can feel free to tell me that you disagree with me and why.  I'm open to hearing it...

Julie
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 09:17:22 pm »

I think you are right Julie.  There are some venues that are perfect for some but not for others.  

For me, I am using pillows with a lower price point and a shotgun approach with these types of sites... it works for this. I have different approach planned for  other home decor products that would appeal to a different clientelle.

You know best who your targeted buyer is and where they are likely to hang out.  I am glad you are looking for that place... mission accomplished. You will not get an F in your report card  Smiley

Cheerds

Christine
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 11:22:17 pm »

Today I...
1. updated two listings
2. read one of the blog posts

I am also not super fond of the craigslist type sites - they eat time I don't always have.  I think it's good to get on the radar but it's a shot in the dark for reaching your target market, in my opinion.
Lisa.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 12:58:34 am »

No problem... then drop Craigslist.  Is there some LOCAL site or publication that you might feel more comfortable with?

If this sort of activity does not feel right for you it is ok to drop it now.  Anything you do not like doing won't get done so keep you time positive and FUN

I'll be adding a new idea tomorrow.  

And we'll let our foot off the peddle a bit tomorrow too as I know a number of us need to catch up a bit.  For those of you miles ahead of us list list list  

Christine
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 08:10:34 am »

Even though I don't think Craiglist and Kijiji are the right places for me, I can say that even only 3 days into this bootcamp, I'm thinking more broadly about what I can do to help my store and where I can advertize.   I wasn't really taking time to focus on this before, but I needed to get there.  I understand the theory, now I'm having to put it into action (the harder part).  So thanks for your help with this.  There are so many ideas being generated here, and I firmly believe that ideas generate more ideas, so I'm very happy!

Julie
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 06:08:49 pm »

Yes, it's the idea that counts!
McCloudgal

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 07:13:48 pm »

I have made the rounds of the recommended sites and now I am focussing on re-doing photos and adding new products.  My problem is that I get no response on-line, however when people see my products "in the flesh" they sell quite well.

Any ideas?

thanks
mccloudgal
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Assignment 3 May 21 What Happened???
Jump to:  
Click