Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 1 - What Happened?
Pages: [1] 2  All
Author

Day 1 - What Happened?

PillowThrowDecor

« on: May 19, 2009, 03:09:11 am »

I'm dying to know how you are all doing! Tell all.
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 08:05:24 am »

What an awesome Day !...thanks!

I added my siggie line to Outlook...didn't even know how before!

I listed an item on Craigslist...hadn't done that before either!

I listed a promotion on smartflyer.ca...still pending OK, but, you guessed it, I didn't know it existed before!

Goal-oriented, great ideas....YAY!!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 10:30:56 am »

I was up late last night so getting up and seeing you have done your homework already is amazing.

Man alive I am going to have to sharpen up to keep up.   Cheesy

Christine
Loopy4ewe

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 12:02:31 pm »

As I mentioned this will only be part time for me for a bit. Crazy stuff going on here.

BUT! I did change my signature back to include my store URL. I had changed it to soliciate donations for my breast cancer walk! lol

And I did start the Buy N Sell thread that was not a generic homework for everyone - but something that we had discussed.

I also quickly checked out the flyer site but don't have the time to get into it right now.

I'm hoping to have time later to make a minor adjustment to an item, then photograph and list. Fingers crossed the light lasts
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 12:10:02 pm »

Thanks so much for setting up the list Loopy!

I remember you saying you had a HUGE order this month!  Good stuff.  I really appreciate any time you can devote here as I' sure you are juggling right now.

When you have time can you describe how the buy and sell list works.  Having taken part of one of these before it is a really super way to get at least one sale in your shop and beat that ugly ZERO SALES.

Talk later!

Christine
McCloudgal

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 05:40:21 pm »

Totally cool!  I've been working on this for most of the morning.  Great ideas!  Thanks so much
mccloudgal
mountaindreamers

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 05:43:57 pm »

I am fixing my email with my shop information, added a listing to my icraftgifts.com site, and had 4 sales on Etsy.com now that was fun , will try to do craigslist , I didn't know you could put a free add for shops , thanks onward. ; ) Laura
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 08:09:36 pm »

Okay!  I.....
1. added link to my email sig.
2. posted ad on Kijiji
3. noted my descriptions need updating
4. printed business cards
5. wrote down my goals

Good start!
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 09:09:13 pm »

I got a late start tonight!

1. Checked out CraigsList
2. Checked out SmartFlyer
3. Wrote up the bootcamp goals
4. Committed to consistent blog posts during the 28 days.

More of a planning day than an action day but it is a start.
Mostly Sundays

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 09:29:52 pm »

So here's how it went....
1.  Don't have outlook so couldn't add signature.

2.  Did ad on Craigslist - very kool - thanks.

3.  Did ad on local Kijiji - also kool.

4.  checked out other sites and will post more ads.

5.  Started business card design.

6.  made list of bootcamp goals.

7.  didn't see Mostly Sundays as participating in Bootcamp - did I register correctly?  Please help if I didn't.  

Thanks...Karen @ Mostly Sundays
caralyn forstar

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 11:24:50 pm »

I.m very relieved that someone else wasn't sure they registered right, that is the place I'm starting from, every thing I've read has been helpful I'm using Vista pro and didn't' get all the way there  with my URL, as I keep trying either I'll get it, or wait til this weekend and ask my son. This boot camp is the best idea since the web site. Caralyn
StudioduSoleil

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 12:35:16 am »

I think I may be the last to post most days, being on the West Coast.

So far today, I've added a signature to my email. Created a gmail account for ads and added an ad to Google Base while I was at it. I looked into SmartFlyer and will post to it this evening. I've posted in the photography forum looking for suggestions for lighting as I feel lost when it comes to photo taking. I've spoken to some acquaintances about Bootcamp and explained it to them. I have looked over the goals, written them down on seperate pages and have started brainstorming them. By the end of this evening I hope to have some answers for myself. I appreciate the step by step approach! I'm being given an amazing opportunity to really fine tune a marketing plan for my business and I cannot tell you how much I really appreciate it!! I've also made up a few more business cards. I love being able to make them as needed, but honestly they never align the way they should in my printer and I waste several pages of the perforated ones before I get a good batch (I managed a sheet today, so it's off to Staples or London Drugs for some more tomorrow) I think I may order some just to save the trouble!!
I'm really enjoying reading everyones updates and can't wait for tomorrow!!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 02:52:23 am »

hey Studio... we are both on the west coast so will be burning the midnight oil together.  

I got everything done except my ads.  Arghhhhh!

I listed my goals which I know if I make a public declaration about them I will be far more committed to making them happen.
28 listings
28 sales
More Luxe and Found Collection except that my more average pillows are the bread and butter of my shop.
I have been procrastinating about a website to link to my icraft shop.  If my blog were a pet it would have died about a month ago.  I need discipline here.

I need help big time with my pictures... they are really bad.

That's it for my assignment today!

Cheers
Zs Knees

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 03:16:17 am »

Another west coast night owl!

~ signature on email done
~ business cards in the works... hopefully this week
~ worked on the goals, and had a big realization: I need to do some major shopkeeping. I've been tentative about advertizing because I think I need to fill up my shop more first. Also feel like I should either do kid stuff or home decor (or figure out how to link up the things I make) but it's not cohesive as it is.

~ I can't find a local/US version of your smartflyer site.... I found a couple directories but they weren't free. Will look more.

~ Can anyone confirm whether advertizing a business is allowed on craigslist?

Goodnight all, good luck, and thank you Christine for all your hard work!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 04:24:26 am »

Dont advertise your shop name. Just write the description and mention for example.. 20 more styles to choose from at a safe secure transaction site.  Email me at pillowthrowdecor(at)gmail(dot)com for more information.

some of these business directories can be found very locally... check your Chamber of Commerce.
Pages: [1] 2  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 1 - What Happened?
Jump to:  
Click