Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  Who is first?
Pages: [1]
Author

Who is first?

iCraft Admin

« on: May 18, 2009, 08:57:26 pm »

Don't be shy!
Submit your Exhibit name and find out what others have to say about it.
It sometimes helps to have a fresh look at something you've been staring at for a while.

So, who is brave enough to go first?  :wink:
Loopy4ewe

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 06:46:50 am »

I'll go first! lol
https://icraftgifts.com/loopy4ewe

I've been wondering if I should just list a hat and have all the sizes available in the one listing so the buyer has to let me know which size they'd like or if it's better to have a listing per size available? What would be more appealing for you? I have a mix match right now in my shop since I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks!
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 09:03:57 pm »

Well, I'd say you are doing a pretty good job!

Of course, kids and babys sell products...lol! What cute, cute models you have and they really draw one into the shop.

I see that you have a combo of individual listing and listings for options you customize. Frankly, I think that is great to have both.

Your shop is full and that is a plus too.

You could round out your introduction text by mentioning that you use only quality yarns, state the content and benefits, that colors are handselected by you, the designer, etc... Puff it up...lol!

Nice shop.
caralyn forstar

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 11:13:13 pm »

https://icraftgifts.com/caralyn-forstar                                                                I need all the feedback I can get all of this is new to me, I'm still trying to understand how to put my URL as a link(I have Vista pro). I plan to make a success of this even if I take a little longer. I know I need to redo the photos I have,too much lint, and not nearly all of my inventory. And even input on that would be appreciated. as would any other areas. Thanks, Caralyn
The Gifted Nest

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 09:17:00 am »

Here it is: https://icraftgifts.com/the-gifted-nest

I'm working on my bio right now and I also have to retake some pics. I'm also working on a baby memory album which I'm hoping to list in a few weeks.I try to update at least once a week... Smiley
Loopy4ewe, what a great name! your store looks great and your items are fantastic. Great job!
caralyn forstar

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 12:57:32 pm »

Loopy4ewe, I agree your darling models are hugely appealling. I like your idea of one model of each hat with offer to make one to size for an order. I have found people love the idea of something being made just for them. Caralyn
caralyn forstar

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 01:03:24 pm »

Linda, Your pics are clear and show your work beautifully. I learned a lot just looking at your site. You present professionally both in iCraft and your web site. I have only compliments for you. Caralyn
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 01:12:58 pm »

Caralyn, thank you so much. Be assured it is a real struggle for me just like everyone. Photos are a huge issue to manage.

I want to take a look at your site later today.
caralyn forstar

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 01:14:24 pm »

Guylaine, You have a wide enough range to appeal to everyone. Living in Tucson, warmth is rarely an issue but your sheets and stroller covers could be useful, and put a smile on any young mother's face. I have never heard the word "minky" it might help those of us who know nothing of you area to define it, overall beautiful. Caralyn
Unique Creations 2 C

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 04:11:38 pm »

Here is my icraft exhibit https://icraftgifts.com/unique-creations-2-c

Please I need postive and negative feedbacks, and suggestions

I would also appreciate so feedback, suggestions and input  on my product listings.  I try to use simple and short descriptions, but I don't want it to seem to value and confusing.  I try to include various categories to have a wider consumer market.  Please, any suggestions as to what the general consumer would be interested in seeing in my store.

Thank you.  I know your feedbacks will be very helpful.
Rohini Wahi

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 06:23:29 pm »

Hi there,

Loopy: Hi, great store, really appealing! Definitely keep employing the cute babies! My opinion is that as a buyer I want the easiest possible shopping experience, rather than shopping by age-group, my first instinct is to be drawn in by the designs THEN look at if it comes in the size I want. You have a lot of choice, i personally wouldn't want to go through every description to figure out whether it was suitable, so i would say just have a list. OR specify the products you only have in limited sizes and for the ones you do have options it could read something like 'Size Options available' and then you click the thumbnail to see the options.

Hi Caralyn:
I really like your intro - it's very passionate and sweet. I love the concept of your pictures with the velvet but I agree you need to re-shoot so the products are more visible. Maybe just shoot them on a less shiny black surface? They look great against that colour. Apart from that i think you are doing really great. Stunning products.

The Gifted Nest: I think your logo is great and your bio really informative, i especially like the part "All of my items are sewn from a clean, smoke-free home." - good to know when buying blankets! And you have a great and varied stock - can't fault your store!

Unique Creations: Hi! Some skilled work in your store! In my honest opinion I would work a bit more on your banner and profile pic, maybe keeping their imagery in the same vein - i think 'Completed Cross Stitch Picture of Camelias in Bloom' as a profile pic would make a good pairing with your current banner - as the current pairing looks a bit disjointed next to each other.

As a homewares journalist I would say the current trend for stitching and sewing definitely lies in traditional stitching with a modern twist. I would research other similar stores on the net to see what type of products you should be creating. Check out this cool blog for inspiration http://www.feelingstitchy.com/ Personally i like your flower creations best : )

Hope that all helps. Keep the submissions coming!

Rohini
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 04:31:35 am »

I know it is important to sound interesting in your bio... I think my item descriptions are in trouble. Pics? (lol) Tags?, etc.

Any input greatly appreciated.

Christine
Rohini Wahi

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 08:58:52 am »

Hi Christine,

I know it's tempting to try and fit as much description in as possible to boost sale efforts, but I feel like I am most attracted to a product that has its own name to give it a bit of a story whilst simplifying...

eg. 'Spring Sunshine Pillow' instead of Decorative Pillow Sunshine Yellow and Spring Time Flowers
OR
'Midnight Garden Sham' instead of Black and White Decorative Pillow Sham with Floral Dragonfly Butterfly Accent.

Once potential buyers click through they can see more of a description and also by minimizing your descriptions you highlight your sale items more clearly.

I think your tags are ok - all fairly relevant so I wouldn't worry too much.

I also think your imagery is fine, really well shot and your shop looks professional with the amount of product you have in it and also the fact that its all shot in a studio background. If you wanted more consistency then I'd shoot the ones that aren't shot in a studio again.

Hope that helps - I sometimes get so sick of looking at my work I just cant see it straight anymore. I think these fresh perspectives are good!

Rohini
x
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 02:31:15 pm »

Oh my word... I talk/write too much??? Somehow I am not surprised... that is why I can copy with Twitter either Smiley

I will try and rewrite my titles.  I guess there is a balance between "fluffy" tittles and boring descriptives.  Does google search the icraft's description line first or the list of Tags first?

My "studio shop look" is photoshop's eraser because I manage to screw up the backgrounds so much that it is just easier to wipe them out. Well good to know.  I am always worried that floating pillows look odd???

Alrighty I love this advice... I am off to fix up some titles!

Cheers

Christine
Naturliche

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 02:24:16 pm »

I'm in for this one!
icraftgifts.com/naturliche

I wont take offence to any comments, feel free to be as brutal as you like! LOL  I would love to improve my exhibit!
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  Who is first?
Jump to:  
Click