Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  Is Jewellery selling here?
Pages: [1]
Author

Is Jewellery selling here?

CurlySue

« on: April 20, 2008, 05:52:35 pm »

I know its a very competitive category but I am feeling a bit dejected by the lack of interest in my work. Its selling in other venues soIm not sure if its me or no *sniffs armpits*
Anyway, other jewellery peeps, hows it going for you?
MandalaDesignStudio

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 06:35:27 pm »

Not so good for me either so don't take it personally   Tongue It has brought a few people to my website and that's a good thing but no sales here so far  :cry:  I was able to make it into the free for a year deal so I'm going to stick it out and try to be patient  Smiley I would be interested to know how the other jewelry shops are doing?

~Jessi~
Hummingbird

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 09:33:53 pm »

Zip for me also and we all have such different stuff. I am going to change some things and leave it for another month. If it doesn't move by then I'll switch to something else (maybe).  I've asked people to honestly tell me what they think and they all said it is nice stuff yada yada. My son thought it was priced too high. I am not going to price it less. I may as well give it away then. I don't think either of your stuff is over-priced either.

Granted there is a lot of jewelry out there but there are so many styles that there should be enough room for everyone. If you look in the retail jewelry stores almost all of them carry the same old same old. Very few unique designs and when you do get one it costs big time.

I guess the only thing that makes me feel better (and this is sick) is that not too many others have sold a lot either (so its not just me)  :cry:

So I guess we just have to hang in there. At least I have a couple of local shows coming up.

I do hope you get some sales soon, me too.

Cheesy
enidjewelry

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 11:50:58 am »

From what I noticed : I had a few sales online (Not here, somewhere else) but what really happens here is that I got conginment and wholesale offers from websites like here where you can sell your stuff.

So do not give up. Your stuff might sell where you don't expect it to sell..
CurlySue

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 05:02:01 pm »

Well I am selling on Etsy and dont seem to have a problem there. I guess this site is still fairly new in comparison and prob doesn't have the same kind of traffic.
I'll hang in here for a while I guess.
Hummingbird

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 05:27:30 pm »

I was surprised when I went searching the other night at just how many sites there are out there doing the exact same thing. Many of those are free as well so there is lots of competition.

We have to pronote the site as well. Maybe sell some bumper stickers and other off-the-net ideas. :lol:

For us Canadians we should really push the site as much as possible because we have one of the highest rates of internet users but not a lot of Canadian companies as we have always depended so heavily on our friends to the south.

Lets see, they have the right colours in iCraft (the red and white). Perhaps we should have a tiny maple leaf dotting the i. There are still many people who think that .ca means California. I've had people ask me why I set up a site in California and I had no idea what they were talking about. My own business web site is .ca. There are probably more people in California than there is in all of Canada so I guess it is an easy slip-up.

Still I guess it just takes time and like Enid says "don't give up".

:wink:
Blowfish Glassworks

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 05:54:02 pm »

So far I haven't had much interest either.  I do need to post some more though, I find I post something and within hours it's fallen back a few pages. I agree that this site is still new so I will hope things pick up soon.
  I am very impressed with everyones work though, everything is so beautiful.  I need to make some sales so I can start shopping! Smiley
annettepiper

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 08:36:40 am »

No sales here for me but its early days yet (for the site and for me being here!).   The free for a year offer makes it far more attractive and it will take time too for the site to get a name and exposure.  Keep plugging away and be sure to let us know if you make a sale so we know there IS hope Wink
Chocolate and Steel

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 08:49:53 pm »

Not much action for me either, but I feel like it's worth it anyways. The listing procedure is so simple and quick that I'm not really investing much time in it.  I started with Dawanda last year right when the english site launched and it was super slow then.  But it has definitely paid off.  I feel that this site could do the same.

Best of luck to everyone,
Christine
Beadlam

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 06:23:24 pm »

I did sell two items to the same person - but although I'm not selling a lot, I feel it's definitely worth keeping items up. Jewelry is very competitive, whether on-line or in shows, and the items  jewelry-makers have on iCraftGifts.com are wonderful. It's just wait and see right now.
Destinys Creations

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 11:10:24 pm »

Hello Ladies Smiley

Same story here, but I figure with free listings it cannot hurt to get some more exposure.  Plus, I like the idea of us starting from the ground up and I love what they are doing with this site.

I have to be honest and say that I have been really busy with preparing for 3 shows that I have coming that start back to back weeks so I haven't been able to dedicate the time that I put into my other site, but come the last week of May I plan to change that.

Keeping my fingers crossed that things will change for us soon!
Sea Glass Designs

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2008, 05:59:55 pm »

I had one sale when the shopping cart fist went live but nothing since. But as everyone says, the listings are free which makes it wise to keep it up and give it a fair shake.
Nicker

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 06:47:00 pm »

I sell OK on Etsy as well but havent had any sales here. I am assuming it's because the site is now. I have a link to Icraft in my sig line on most of the forums I frequent. I should probably blog about it to get the word out there.
BetaBoutique

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 07:48:31 am »

hey everyone!

i have quite the same situation as you all - i had no sales yet.
at one moment i stopped adding new items for 2-3 weeks because i thought it just takes my time and there is not any result. but now i am back and as soon my camera will be fixed i will start to post more frequently again.

site is very new but i still believe in it, although i am not sure that things i make fits here.

i had never sold online my jewelry before but i thought it could be fun when i got invitation on talentsdatabase. i have quite a lot sales in art galleries and shops here in Latvia, but i am such a enthusiast of creating that i am looking for more sources. i am also full time student and half-time worker in jewelry shop where i give classes in jewelry making and work as a salesperson, and i publish some articles about cinema as well. jewelry making is one of my passions, my hobby, not that i am planing to earn my living with that.

maybe that is one of my mistakes that i am not advertising or promoting myself because it is so boring. (well.. i am on talentsdatabase and sometimes post things i make in craftster but it is more for fun and i just love to find there more talented people).
maybe naive and maybe that is why i have no sales yet.

but still i truly believe that this site will attract more people and that we will be succesful and able to make more and more beautiful things.

good luck everyone,
beta
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  Is Jewellery selling here?
Jump to:  
Click