Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Looking for Early Adopters for Supplies Marketplace
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Author

Looking for Early Adopters for Supplies Marketplace

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: June 26, 2019, 12:58:16 am »

Hi guys,

As you know, we are working on new marketplaces, one of which will be for Crafts and Other Supplies. The eCommerce (buy & sell) part is still under development, but we are going to launch Community and a few other sections on that marketplace soon (within a few weeks).
I know a few people mentioned before that they would be interested in selling their craft supplies (doesn't have to be handmade).

If you sell art, craft and other supplies:
  • Could you please add your names in this thread, so we could contact you with questions if needed?
  • Could you also please share links to your existing stores on other marketplaces or email us a few of your product photos? We are looking for visuals to use on the Homepage and other sections. You will be able to see how your products look like on the new marketplace.
  • We need to know in which categories you sell. Could you please list your product categories either here in this thread or email them to us?

We'll give special deals for early adopters, once the new marketplace is launched.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 01:01:34 am by iCraft Admin »
CreativeXpression1

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 06:41:32 pm »

Yes, I am definitely interested in selling craft bead supplies. I specialize in pony beads, Perler/Hama bead, downloadable Perler bead patterns, and scrapbooking supplies (foam die cuts and foam craft sheets). All of my craft supplies mentioned above have since expired on other selling site. However, if you'd like to view photos of these sold items, visit https://www.etsy.com/shop/CreativeXpression1/sold?ref=pagination&page=1, which show as sold on pages 1 through 24 on above website.

Product categories/tags I've used in the past included craft supplies, jewelry supplies, bead art, perler beads, etc. I've been waiting for the iCraft Supplies Marketplace to be available to begin listing these products.. My total number of expired product listings on the other site are listed below:

7   Kandi/Pomy Beads 6 mm x 9 mm (customers receive a free small bag of beads as appreciation gift for placing an order)
22 Perler/Hama Beads (each listing includes, ironing paper and instructions & customers receive a free small bag of beads as appreciation gift)
5  Perler Bead Patterns
71 Perler Bead Pegboards (each listing includes, ironing paper and instructions & customers receive a free small bag of beads as appreciation gift)

All beads are counted by me, enclosed in a resealable bag, have a printed label with bead color and bead quantity and are enclosed in bubble wrap prior to inserting into bubble wrap mailer. The extra bubble wrap further protects during transit to customer. I've sold craft bead supplies worldwide through the other site and am hopeful to do the same here on the new marketplace site.

I have many "buckets" of beads to count, bag, label and list. Looking forward to selling my bead supplies on new marketplace with iCraft! .

Are we able to keep our same store name for both iCraft & Supply Marketplace? I'd be happy to email you photos, just let me know if I should use the standard icraft email or if there is a different email address since it's a different marketplace.

Thanks!  I'm looking forward to selling my bead supplies on iCraft's New Supply Marketplace!

Rita from CreativeXpression1
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 07:09:57 pm by CreativeXpression1 »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 09:51:12 pm »

Hi Rita,
Thanks for responding! If we could use a few of your images from that link that you provided, for the display purposes on the new marketplace, that would be great. Then, you you don't need to email us anything.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 10:17:05 pm »

Btw, here are our earlier discussions about new marketplaces.
https://icraftgifts.com/forum/1503/a-vintage-seller-dying-to-sell-on-icraft/
https://icraftgifts.com/forum/1665/do-you-also-sell-vintage-or-supplies/#msg12192

I know we talked about this idea of new marketplaces for a while now and we still have a way to go before launching Supplies marketplace, but things are progressing now and once I have something to show, I'll be sharing screenshots and links for the new marketplace in this thread.
CreativeXpression1

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 06:57:52 pm »

Thanks for the forum links of earlier discussions for the new marketplaces.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to view an "enlarged" photo image on the other site. Once, the item is sold, it remains the same size as you see it (800 pixels x 800 pixels). I completely sold out of some of those "sold" supply products. I'd want the images on the new supplies site to be currently in stock (even for display purposes). If you let me know which photos you'd like to use for display purposes, I'd be glad to email the images to you, already sized to iCraft specs (950 pixels x 950 pixels). Or would it be better if I emailed you a current inventory list of bead colors (pony & perler) along with a list of perler bead pegboards? Then you could select which images you'd like to use for display purposes and I'd send those to you. Would that work? 
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 11:08:06 pm »

Hi Rita,

If that's the case, could you please send us a few good quality images of different types of supplies that you sell? Our designer would then pick whatever she likes. You don't need to optimize images for iCraft's current image sizes, as we'll have different image dimensions on the new site.

Actually, if you have your inventory organized in the document or somewhere online, I'd like to see that too, to get an idea of the types of images, product categories, prices etc. that you have. Thanks!
designsbydebra

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 07:55:21 pm »

I would like to be included under the vintage site when it goes ahead.
Thanks
Debra
CreativeXpression1

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2019, 11:10:04 pm »

I just finished updating my inventory spreadsheet (Exel). The workbook consists of 5 sheets and I'll email this to you on Sunday as an attachment along with some photos. Do you know yet what'll be the spec sizes for images on the supplies marketplace? I ask only since all of my product images will need to be resized. It would be good if I can start this process early since I have a lot of product supplies to list. Thank you!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2019, 11:49:37 pm »

Hi Rita,

We don't know image dimensions on the new site yet, but you don't need to worry about resizing images, as we should have image manipulation tools then.

Looking forward to getting your inventory file. Thanks for doing it!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2019, 11:58:21 pm »

Thank you, Debra! I've added your name to the list.
How many vintage items do you have for sale right now?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 01:13:08 am by iCraft Admin »
designsbydebra

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2019, 10:31:48 am »

At the moment I don't have any of my vintage items posted for sale anywhere. I did have a couple listed on BC Antiques and Collectibles a Facebook site but not at this time. I guess I'm looking for the right place to list my vintage items. Is there a timeframe for iCraftgifts Vintage site to open?
Thanks
Debra
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2019, 11:31:35 am »

Hi guys,

A few updates on other marketplaces that we are working on.
- We are trying to get Supplies site up and running in less then a month.
- Vintage site is on hold for now (we don't have enough sellers and products for this one)
- We are also working on two more marketplaces 1) Indigenous Arts marketplace 2) Sports Memorabilia marketplace
- There will be more coming after we launch those three

Stay tuned!
CreativeXpression1

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2019, 06:17:33 pm »

Thank you for the update on Supplies site. Do you know yet what the fees will be for the site? Name of Supplies Marketplace site? Sorry, just excited to not only see site, but also to start listing my supplies. Have a wonderful evening! Blessings ~ Rita
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2019, 11:59:27 am »

Being as I can't keep my regular store updated (due to time demands of my full-time professional career), I will not be participating in the supplies site, even though I do have a couple supplies I hand-make.

BUT - a thought to share... if you are looking for "sub-site" ideas, I wonder if "fan art" would be one. For example, there was a record disc clock maker on here with lots of fan-based (awesome!) stuff. I see that both as art and fan art that could be sold on regular icraft and an icraft fan art site. But, if I recall correctly, you've been talking about having the listings a mutually exclusive.  Is that correct?

So, for example, for those very few supplies I hand-make, it would not be worth it for me to have a second storefront. I would just list them in my regular store. Could I do that? Or are NO supplies at all allowed in my regular store?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2020, 02:26:48 pm »

Hi Fairy Cardmaker,

Sorry, I didn't answer your questions before. Just noticed this post.

You can post handmade supplies on iCraft. People have been posting handmade yarn, fabric and beads before.
For all other supplies, we'll have a separate marketplace.

However, handmade supplies would appear on both sites, same way as Indigenous art and crafts will appear on both iCraft (as they are handmade) and on the Indigenous Arts marketplace. Basically, our product listings will not be mutually exclusive and will gain extra visibility through other marketplaces.

I absolutely love your idea about "Fan Art" marketplace. Thanks for the suggestion!
For now, I've added a "Fan Art" category under Crafts to see who will be posting items there.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Looking for Early Adopters for Supplies Marketplace
Jump to:  
Click