Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Shared Content  >  Amazon forced to pull products in India as new rules bite
Pages: [1]
Author

Amazon forced to pull products in India as new rules bite

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: February 16, 2019, 03:24:07 pm »

Another interesting update concerning #Amazon. Do you think eCommerce giant should be able to compete with their own sellers?

"India has introduced a new rule prohibiting e-commerce platforms from selling their own goods on the platform. The idea is you can either run the marketplace, or sell your goods on the marketplace, but not both.

The rule responds to a problem that merchants selling on Amazon routinely face: Amazon will spot their best-selling products and then produce an Amazon-branded version, demoting them in search listings and eating their sales." - according to this legal expert https://twitter.com/linamkhan

Shared content:
Amazon forced to pull products in India as new rules bite
The rules prevent online retailers from selling products through vendors in which they hold an equity stake.

The regulations are expected to have a far-reaching impact on India's e-commerce sector, which has drawn billions in foreign investment.
Read full story
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 03:26:20 pm by iCraft Admin »
SarahMars

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 03:34:20 pm »

Definitely NOT!  Shocked
I didn't even know that this happening now? Good for India to make this illegal.
Which other marketplaces compete with their own sellers? What about Etsy?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 11:32:03 pm »

Good question about Etsy, Sarah!
I am not sure. Does anyone know?
LisaGold

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 02:58:30 am »

I didn't know that about Amazon either. They don't seem to care about their sellers much if they choose to compete with them.
I found this article about Germany launching an investigation because sellers claimed that Amazon abused its power.
Germany launches investigation after Amazon sellers complain of unfair treatment
Craft Boutique

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 06:09:29 pm »

This is the very reason why I'm here and not on Amazon. Nice to have a platform dedicated to true crafters. Thank you iCraft!
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Shared Content  >  Amazon forced to pull products in India as new rules bite
Jump to:  
Click