Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Questions Related to the Website  >  Photos are uploading sideways????
Pages: [1]
Author

Photos are uploading sideways????

AppleMelonDesigns

« on: April 23, 2013, 08:00:25 pm »

Hi All,
Yes, I am a newbie and would LOVE to upload my products but am having a horrid time getting the pics up on the page. Every picture I try and upload ends up on it's side. I've tried several different methods and am stumped. I've looked all over the site for this issue but can't find it. I USED to think I was fairly computer literate but now I'm not so sure....

Sandra
Apple Melon Designs
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 09:02:35 pm »

Not sure what the issue is. Could you pls email us a few of your images, so we could try to recreate this problem?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 10:05:28 pm by iCraft Admin »
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 11:21:22 pm »

What are the dimensions of your photos?  Maybe iCraftGifts can only read the longest edge as the horizontal edge and turns the picture to fit?

Here are some dimensions that have worked for me in the past, which I can shrink to 860 x 694 (or 695)
https://icraftgifts.com/forum/1095/photo-sizing/1/
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 01:05:06 am »

Hi Fairy Cardmaker,

We don't flip images during upload. We only shrink them, if they are too big. That's why its puzzling.  Roll Eyes
If they are too small vertically or horizontally, our system simply rejects them, and asks user to upload larger images.
It probably has something to do with the images itself. Maybe they were originally taken in a different orientation, and then flipped in the photo editing program? We won't know until we get the images and try to upload them ourselves.
TurtlesTreasureTrove

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 01:38:51 pm »

I realize this topic has not been commented on recently, however, I just wanted to state that I am having the same problem with an item I put up. The first picture went up just fine, the rest all went sideways. I contacted tech support, they said to basically take them down, and re-load/start over. I tried that, still sideways. So if anyone else is having this problem, you're not alone, and if anyon ehas found the solution, please let us all know! Thanks!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 10:44:27 pm »

There is only one solution is to flip images in the photo editing program before uploading them into your store.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Questions Related to the Website  >  Photos are uploading sideways????
Jump to:  
Click