Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  Possible scam
Pages: [1]
Author

Possible scam

caralyn forstar

« on: September 23, 2012, 03:38:20 am »

>From: Andreas Theodora
>Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 10:37 PM
>To: Caralyn
>Subject: Re:
>
>      Thanks for the respond,i am an oceanographer and am currently on the sea at the moment, i am buying the item as a gift for my mother,i want to make it a surprise gift for her,she won't know anything about the gift until they get delivered to her, so i want you to reassure me that the item is in good condition as you have described.i can only pay through Pay Pal.So Please kindly get back to me immediately so i can proceed with the payment and after the payment has been done,i have a pick up agent that will come around to pick the Item up immediately after payment.

I got the above message asking for my email did not want to communicate through site. 3 emails later checked with Pay pal Etsy, Craigslist and a couple others got identical wording changing only object to buy. They went further and he asked them to pay his agent through Western Union and he will pay back when pays for their item through Pay Pal.

Be careful he is asking for address, phone number, full name- I am not sure if he's looking to rob or  for identity theft or both. If you want to read thread sign into Pay Pal ,go to forum, look under Scam?. Smiles, Caralyn
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 02:56:45 pm »

Thanks for the headsup.  I distrust anything that refers to an "agent".  I don't offer pickup at all.  I would have offered to deliver direct to the recipient at best.  If they refused that, then I'd have to say I can't help them.
Ahkriti

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 06:55:59 pm »

I got the same email. This person for some reason always has the same lines. I've received emails from this group of people for the second time in a row..
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 02:45:32 am »

We are investigating this issue.
Hopefully, we'll be able to detect and block this person soon.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  Possible scam
Jump to:  
Click