Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  Creator Challenge - Favourite Materials - Who's in?
Pages: [1] 2  All
Author

Creator Challenge - Favourite Materials - Who's in?

Fairy Cardmaker

« on: June 02, 2011, 06:31:03 pm »

Let's revive our blogs guys'n'gals!  I propose a materials challenge.  Please respond with your favourite material - only ONE per person!  Then, everyone will have to incorporate that material in to a design.  You may use the material, a depiction of the material, or a faux version of that material (say, for those who might be offended by leather).

Examples: Paper (that's me!), beads, metal, yarn/string, ribbon, lace, stone, buttons, clay, fabric, glass

We'll keep it broad - so, whether it's sterling silver, brass or gold, we'll call it "metal".

It does not have to be a design for sale.  This is just to get our creative juices going and perhaps push us out of our comfort zones.  Participation is completely voluntary.  You do not have to complete EVERY challenge in the list to participate.  (If you do not know how to blog on your iCraft blog, send me your write up and your pictures plus a blurb about your shop and I will make a blog post on my iCraft blog on your behalf.)

If you are in, respond here with your SHOPNAME and FAVOURITE MATERIAL.
The Knitting Lady

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 01:33:55 am »

I love knitting and working with acrylics. Here is my store https://icraftgifts.com/the-knitting-lady
IDBCA Canada

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 06:01:28 am »

My first love is working with glass, however coming in a close second is paper and fibers.  Check me out at https://icraftgifts.com/idbca-canada.

CA  Wink
Ahkriti

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 10:41:47 am »

I love adding silver to my jewelry creations. Here is my studio link - https://icraftgifts.com/ahkriti

Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 02:23:00 pm »

Excellent!  We'll make it a month long challenge!
June - yarn
July - glass
August - silver (or metal)

Get your thinking caps on!  Let's see your creations that include a bit of yarn before the end of June.  Come July 1, we will start showcasing our creations that incorporate glass.

Looking forward to your blog posts.  Come back and share a link to your blog post in this thread once it is up and approved!

Everyone can participate, even if you don't have a material to add to the list.  Just get in there and see what happens!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 08:11:19 pm »

Well... I dug out my old craft box.  I have NO yarn.  I have a string - I think it's a crochet string... so it's going to have to do!  I know what I want to do with it!

Are your creative juices flowing yet?
Ahkriti

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 12:03:46 pm »

Wool! I do have some at home. I have my thinking cap on....let see.

Will come up with an idea soon. Any deadlines for this?
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 06:15:24 pm »

Can't wait to see what you think of!  Deadline is end of June.

Even if you make something personal to keep, it counts!  It doesn't have to be something for sale.  The goal is just to push our creative boundaries.
Ahkriti

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 04:29:52 am »

End of June...sure. I have thought of something. Just getting the brass tacks all ready!
I cannot wait to see what creation you come up with as well.  Cool
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 12:26:02 am »

My item is done!  Will get it photographed and draft a post sometime during the week.  Since I used crochet string, it ties nicely with your shop, The Knitting Lady!

How is your progress coming, creators?
The Knitting Lady

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 09:28:37 pm »

Wow, you are quick, Fairy Cardmaker!  Shocked
Well, what can I say? I have a few ideas and chose the colors and the yarn. I just need to actually start working on my project. Hope I'll still make the deadline. Will try my best!  Smiley
Ahkriti

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 04:44:22 pm »

Got all my raw materials for the challenge. But having Starting trouble...

I have been working on custom orders so have not been able to devote my time on the challenge yet. But looks like on Monday or Tuesday I should be ready with it, product, pictures et al. Smiley

Oh and by the way I just rrealised, I will be on vacation for the next few months...so darn! I will not be able to participate with the other materials  Sad

Waiting to see your creations!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 06:17:10 pm »

No worries ladies.  The challenge is totally open.  You can try them any time and post them anytime.  The main purpose is to challenge ourselves to innovate.  The "schedule" is only there to try and get our blogs revived here on iCraft!

I realize your art takes a much longer time to produce than mine, the Knitting Lady!

AhKriti, I am quite curious to see how you will work yarn/wool in to your creation!  (And, if I forget to say, enjoy your vacation time!)

dragonkaty

Administrator

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 10:13:11 pm »

So exciting! Can't wait to see what results
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 06:38:26 pm »

Hooray!  My post was approved!
https://icraftgifts.com/blog/it-started-with-string-materials-challenge-245.php
Pages: [1] 2  All  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  Creator Challenge - Favourite Materials - Who's in?
Jump to:  
Click