Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  New feature - image thumbnails
Pages: [1]
Author

New feature - image thumbnails

« on: November 04, 2010, 09:03:35 pm »

We've added a new feature to all product pages.

If there is more than one image available for a product, they will now show as thumbnails when you move your mouse pointer over the image. Moving the mouse pointer off the image will hide the thumbnails again.

Clicking on a thumbnail will show a larger version.

The product photos page ("zoom/more images") is still available by clicking on the main image, or on the link. We've added similar thumbnail features to that page as well.

PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 09:23:51 pm »

Wow... it looks great! I'm off to check it out.  Thanks ever so much!

Cheers
Christine
BeauMonde

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 09:26:19 pm »

Love it!! thanks so much for this, it is fabulous  Smiley
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 09:59:17 am »

Thank you so much for this new feature!  It will make it more obvious to shoppers that more photos are available for the products, which hopefully will make it easier for people to make the decision to buy a product.

Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 07:38:34 pm »

This ROCKS!  Thanks for implementing it in time for the holidays!  MORE EYE CANDY FOR ALL!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 03:29:38 am »

Glad to hear everyone likes this new feature.  Grin

Just wanted to mention that additional images that are shown, as thumbnails, should be of the same product. I've seen before when additional images were showing completely different products than the main product image. I can't find a good example now. Anyway, images of different products posted under the same product listing might confuse the customer in terms of which product they are actually buying.

It's probably not a good idea to post completely unrelated images either. Here are some examples: photos of 2 cats (last thumbnail) - #page has been deleted# or photo of a plant -  #page has been deleted#
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 12:58:54 am »

Often I may put a matching / coordinating pillow or one of a different size in the side pictures so that people can get some pairing ideas. 

Hey admin... can we put an interactive  link to another of our icraft listings ... like a coordinating pillow or throw?

I just think those side pics are so cool!!!

Cheers

Christine
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 01:58:35 am »

We'll add the ability to connect matching / coordinating products soon. I know this has been mentioned a few times already and it's on our "Priority list" as well. We'll keep you posted!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 01:02:57 am »

Super! thanks so much
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  New feature - image thumbnails
Jump to:  
Click