Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  Could we get a policies section please?
Pages: [1]
Author

Could we get a policies section please?

Northern Girl Jewelry

« on: July 17, 2010, 11:52:51 am »

It would be really helpful if our exhibit areas had a place that is specially designed to put our store policies.  Although some are currently captures (like our returns policy), we don't really have an area to get more specific about shipping (it would be nice to be able to include shipping time estimates for example - buyers from the US are accustomed to much faster shipping times than we Canadians can offer them, so it would be nice if they knew this before they purchased), FAQs (some categories, like bath and body may have more for this type of section), general stuff, etc.  This would allow us to include the info in our shop without having to either have it in the top of our shop which should really be about welcoming customers and sharing about ourselves, or including it in every item description, which makes them way too long.

So how about it, could we get a separate policies area in our shops?

Thanks,
Julie
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 12:14:38 pm »

I agree.  I have to put my tax charging info in each listing and now that Ontario changed from GST to HST, I have to update EVERYthing instead of just one policy.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 10:51:41 pm »

Yes, improvements to the Policies section have been mentioned before and we will definitely look into that. I'll keep you posted. Thank you for all the suggestions!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 01:47:27 am »

I have been away for a month and now getting a grip on the realities of HSt. Arghhh.

How are others handling collecting it through Paypal?

Cheers

Christine
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 05:44:24 pm »

Christine, I've chosen not to collect HST (under the small supplier exemption as I'm nowhere near the 30K in sales amount).  There are positives and negatives to that, but that's what I've decided to do for now.

But collecting HST through Paypal should be the same as collecting PST was.  As you are in an HST province, you collect HST from HST participating provinces (BC, ON, NB, NS and NFLD) at their approriate rates and GST from all other Canadian provinces.  You set this all up in Paypal and it should add it automatically.

PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 01:29:06 am »

Thanks so much for the info on this.  I need to get on it and catch up with a whooooole bunch of stuff!

Cheers

Christine
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 12:51:22 am »

Christine, I've chosen not to collect HST (under the small supplier exemption as I'm nowhere near the 30K in sales amount).  There are positives and negatives to that, but that's what I've decided to do for now.

Me too.  Even though I am a C.A. and I understand a little better than some how the HST works, it's still way too much hassle for a little guy like me.  I've had a couple HST seminars but tax is my kryptonite.  I work in the assurance (audits and reviews) department of my firm so I'm only required to have a general knowledge of tax, not great detail.  (Enough to know when to refer it to the tax dept!)
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 12:38:52 am »

Anyone else out there collecting HST?
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 06:16:55 pm »

Why is it a problem to collect through Paypal?  Don't you just set the rate by Province?
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  Could we get a policies section please?
Jump to:  
Click