Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  iCraft Elemental Blog Challenge 2 of 5
Pages: 1
Author

iCraft Elemental Blog Challenge 2 of 5

Fairy Cardmaker

« on: June 21, 2010, 09:30:51 pm »

This challenge is open to ANYONE!  Here's how it works:
1. The challenge is listed.
2. You create something that fits the challenge.
3. You blog about your entry on your iCraft blog.
4. Post a link to your blog entry (once it is approved and posted) in this thread for all of us to see.
5. Comment on other people’s challenge entry blog posts.
Your blog entry should include, at a minimum: how the item fits the challenge, a little about you/your shop, and – of course! – pictures of your item.  Feel free to add more to your blog post, like, how you got your idea, or the techniques you used, or what you thought about the challenge, and any other insights you see fit!

CHALLENGE 1: Wind You can find the thread for that challenge here: https://icraftgifts.com/forum/1221/icraft-elemental-blog-challenge-1-of-5/

CHALLENGE 2: Earth
Something that represents or is inspired by earth might be:
- any type of rock, stone or gem
- all shades of brown
- all kinds of plants
- anything from or of the mountains
- digging tools and machines
- anything subterranean: burrows, groundhogs, worms, time capsules, catacombs, etc.
- any other ideas that come to you!

Let’s see your challenge entries starting in July!, but feel free to participate in any stage of the challenge at any time.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 02:14:19 am »

Well I've created a lot of new product as i PLAN ON BEING AWAY FOR THE MONTH OF jULY (oops) so I just need to take pictures and get it listed.  I have some pillows that fit these catagories. You are going to have to beat me with my power cord if I don't get something on this blog by Friday.... arghhhhhhhh!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 11:49:01 pm »

You are going to have to beat me with my power cord if I don't get something on this blog

Sounds kinky....
 Embarrassed

I've been struggling with this one, to my surprise, but I have done it!  I made something tonight that fits the bill.  Pictures tomorrow and then I will craft something to say about it.

Anyone else joining?
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 04:42:41 pm »

My post is pending!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 09:50:04 pm »

Posted!!

https://icraftgifts.com/blog/elemental-challenge-earth-174.php

Please join me!  We need to breathe some more life into the visits here!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 09:51:39 pm by Fairy Cardmaker »
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 09:08:47 pm »

Anybody got earthy designs they want to blog about?
Challenge three is coming soon!
PetiteTuques

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 09:48:18 pm »

You are so good to keep it going... I might have something to show in a few days... Completely unexpected for me! It's hard when I don't work with pictures..
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 11:40:49 pm »

It's hard when I don't work with pictures.[

What do you mean?
PetiteTuques

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 10:20:37 am »

I just mean that its hard to bring out a theme in just color... I only work with yarn, and I'm not in the habit of making shapes into my hats.. just stripes...
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 08:35:29 pm »

Oh!  You don't need to depict something of the earth.  You can make a brown hat and be done!  Brown for soil.  OR, you could make a grey hat - grey for rocks/mountains.  Make a "snow capped" one: grey on the bottom and white on the top.  The use of "earth tones" alone counts!

Happy crafting!
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 08:58:01 am »

Well, I am game (even if I am late!) I seldom do challenges just because of time but this is interesting! I have something and will blog later today and I assume it will be posted tomorrow after approvals. Will post here again!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 07:11:02 pm »

Excellent - can't wait to see it!

I posted the next one so we can have about a week to brainstorm something for the next round.
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 08:22:38 am »

Here is my elemental challenge blog post on EARTH theme:

https://icraftgifts.com/blog/elemental-challenge-earth-179.php
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 07:31:11 pm »

Thanks for playing along!  I left a comment.  You had a great vision!
Pages: 1  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  iCraft Elemental Blog Challenge 2 of 5
Jump to:  
Click