Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  iCraft Elemental Blog Challenge! 1 of 5
Pages: 1
Author

iCraft Elemental Blog Challenge! 1 of 5

Fairy Cardmaker

« on: May 21, 2010, 08:54:05 pm »

Ok, here it is!  This is our first challenge and it is open to ANYONE!  Here's how it works:
1. The challenge is listed.
2. You create something that fits the challenge.
3. You blog about your entry on your iCraft blog.
4. Post a link to your blog entry (once it is approved and posted) in this thread for all of us to see.

Your blog entry should include, at a minimum:
1) How the item fits the challenge;
2) A little about you/your shop;
3) Pictures of your item.

Feel free to add more to your entry, like, how you got your idea or what you thought of the challenge or the techinques you used to meet the challenge, and any other commentary or insights you see fit!

Particpants - please make comments on other participant's blog posts!  This is all in the name of inspiration, comraderie, and, most of all, traffic generation!  Let's show off our talent!

THERE WILL BE FIVE SEGMENTS OF THIS CHALLENGE.

THE FIRST CHALLENGE IS: THE WIND
Something that represents or is inspired by the wind might be:
- flying creatures (birds, butteflies, bees, bats)
- or flying machines (airplanes, kites)
- clouds or storms
- diamonds (for clear air)
- wind-blown anything (pinwheels or a paintng of a wind-swipt tree, etc. )
- something that is predominantly sky colours: white or light blue
- sky captions: flying high; reach for the skies, the sky's the limit, etc.
- any other ideas that come to you!

Let's see your stuff!  I'm not setting a cement deadline on this but, I'd like to see all your entries started Monday, May 31, 2010!

HAVE FUN!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 10:38:28 pm »

Ah ha!  I've got my challenge done!  Boy, there's nothing like a challenge to get me to sit down and design (especially when it's my own challenge!).  Now that it's created, I've got two more steps to do: photograph and blog!  WOo hoo!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 11:32:19 pm »

Challenges are great! Thanks for suggesting this.
I love your WIND-related creation https://icraftgifts.com/blog/teddy-bear-angel-icraft-elemental-challenge-the-wind-172.php
The Teddy-Bear Angel is a cutie. 
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 02:55:08 pm »

Wow... off to get my thinking cap on.

I love this challenge.  good on you for taking it up and helping us all to kick butt!!!

Cheers
Christine
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 06:55:49 pm »

Thanks guys!  I actually came back here to post my entry link but admin already did it!  Magnifico!

Can't wait to see what other's think of.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 09:52:32 pm »

No one else is going to play along?
PetiteTuques

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 09:09:30 pm »

I've been quite busy lately, but I do plan on making something new! Well, I have new stuff, just not based on your challenge. I think others will come, but it takes time to create... right? Undecided
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 01:47:52 am »

Hmmm... wonder if some kind of incentive would help.  Wink
Let's say the winner of the challenge would get $50 shopping credit, which they'd have to spend on iCraft. Any suggestions are welcome!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 02:09:22 am by iCraft Admin »
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 06:27:19 pm »

I don't mind being the only particpant.  I will be posting 4 other rounds.  Anyone can join at any time.  I wanted it to feel pressure-free.

However, if you introduce a reward, then we have to have a judging system.  I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but it is more work!  It's hard to ensure objectivity in judging.  We could use a message board poll amongst the message board readers, but I'm afraid we would have low votes.  I dunno.
Pages: 1  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  iCraft Elemental Blog Challenge! 1 of 5
Jump to:  
Click