Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Wrapping up SEO BOOTCAMP
Pages: [1]
Author

Wrapping up SEO BOOTCAMP

PillowThrowDecor

« on: April 17, 2010, 01:07:48 am »

Well let me say I am impressed! Everyone did really well catching on to it.

I am sure there are still some bits of fuzziness but if we practice SEO daily it will come a lot easier.  The trick is to check the keywords in the keyword search tool and then try and get your keywords as close to the beginning of the title AND description as possible.

Let's spend the next week tweaking our listings and by next Friday lets have a round up meeting on this thread.

Don't forget to check Google analytics to see  if your volume of views and check for any new keyword.

Don't panic if you don't see any new Google stats or different keywords as it sometimes takes a couple if weeks.

Cheers
Everyone see you next friday.  Don't hesitate to join in on the fun!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 10:07:03 am by PillowThrowDecor »
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 12:11:33 am »

Anyone need any help getting caught up or carrying on? Help with keywords? Don't be shy!!! Smiley
PetiteTuques

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 12:59:52 pm »

This was a great bootcamp! I find it easier now to make new listings, and have all elements working together. I use google adwords ALL the time, I leave it open! I'm still struggling with making my descriptions of products interesting though. I read a past post of someone saying it is easier to write for a computer than for people- that's me too. I guess it'll just take time for me to write fluently and gracefully...

Thanks Christine for making this fun!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 12:11:46 pm »

I am so pleased you enjoyed this bootcamp.  And yes, it is fun for me too.  You guys are such a riot!!!

I have learned so much too. What you guys don't know is that it takes me a loooooong time for it to sink into my little brain. I spend a lot of time arguing with myself when I have to overcome a new concept.  Embarrassed

Cheers
Christine
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 03:14:07 pm »

I didn't get around to completing the last assignment yet, but I learnt a ton during this bootcamp. 

Thanks so much Christine.  You took a very scary subject and broke it down into bite size, digestible pieces.  I can and will use what I learnt here to improve me shop (just focussed on getting ready for a show in 2 weeks, so the shop is getting a little neglected at the moment). 

I really like this new bootcamp format.  Two weeks with 3 assignments a week, added to a very specific subject was fabulous.  It was something I knew I could take on.  If this had been a 4 week, Monday to Friday assignments, bootcamp I wouldn't have signed up.

Although I don't know everything there is to know about SEO, I know way, way more than I did a few weeks ago.  For me, the thing that helps me learn the most is actually doing the exercise.  I'm given information, told how to use it, and then instructed to go try it out and to report back.  I've seen SEO info before, but without that "go do this in your shop right now and tell me about it" part, it just went right over my head.

So a great big thank you Christine, for doing all the work and taking on these bootcamps.  We are very lucky to have this opportunity here.

Julie

wabibrookstudio

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 10:34:56 am »

Christine, I want to thank you for putting together this bootcamp.  SEO is much clearer to me now, thanks to your easily understood assignments.  I still have a long way to go, but am definitely a step or two closer to understanding it, and feel comfortable enough with it to be able to use it.

I liked the format of this bootcamp.  It was much easier to fit into my schedule, and when I fell behind, catching up wasn't as overwhelming.

So thanks again for another great learning experience!

Julie B.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 10:55:52 am »

Thank you so much for your kind words Julie!

I enjoyed it too! I am still working on getting my listings tweaked and am balancing it all with my 'busy season'. going to try and get them all done this week. 

How about everyone else?

Caught up? Is SEO easier? I'd love to hear that everyone has increased viewings and sales but we have to rememberthat it takes a little while for the google bots to come back and acknowledge the changes we have made.  One of the easiest ways to do that is to list some new product.

Which reminds me... I better get on that too.

Anymore feedback out there?

Cheers

Christine
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Wrapping up SEO BOOTCAMP
Jump to:  
Click