Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 5 icraft SEO Bootcamp What Happened
Pages: 1 2 [All]
Author

Day 5 icraft SEO Bootcamp What Happened

PillowThrowDecor

« on: April 12, 2010, 03:01:26 am »

Show and Tell time.

Post links to 3 items where you have new and improved product tags.

Good luck
Zeba

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 10:46:16 am »

working with the same brown earrings #page has been deleted#

Original tags :

jewelry, earrings, wire wrapped, anniversary, weddings, brown, bridesmaid, birthstone, dangle, casual, nickel free, classic, drop,  jewellery, wearable art, hand crafted, handmade jewelry,birthday gift, birthstone, Anniversary Gift, anniversary gifts

Original list of materials:

cultured fresh water pearls, natural pearls, natural pearl, swarovski crystal, sterling silver

New tags:

dangling, cultured, fresh water, pearls earrings, natural pearl, pearls, handmade, chocolate, brown, real, jewelry, jewellery, jewlery, earring, BIRTHSTONES, birthday, birthstone, birthstone jewelry, girls, teens, women, june, cheap, inexpensive, mommy, gandmother, bridesmaid, wedding, anniversary, first

Question:  Google provides phrases, for example google keyword is 'Chocolate pearl earrings', since I have already used pearl and earrings as part of another tags is it okay to just use 'Choclolate' instead of repeating the whole phrase?

Second Product -

Black Onyx Gemstone Pendant Necklace https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/21876/gemstone-black-onyx-pendant-necklace.php

Original tags :

jewelry, necklace, pendant, bezel set, stone, black, birthday, anniversary, contemporary, casual, casual style, jewellery, necklaces, neckwear, pendant necklace, birthday gift, anniversary gifts, Anniversary Gift, wearable art, hand crafted, hand made, handmade jewelry, handmade artisan, chain, metalwork, onyx, agate, black, anniversary, casual, bold,  modern 

Original list of materials:

sterling silver, chain, banded onyx 

New tags:

black, semiprecious, natural, stone, silver, agate, handcrafted, birthstone, stone, necklace, necklaces, jewelry, jewellery, jewlery,  BIRTHSTONES, birthday, birthstone, birthstone jewelry,  women, july, mommy, anniversary, expensive, unique

new list of materials:

sterling silver, chain, banded onyx , agate, natural stone

Third Product Slim Wire Wrapped Beaded Copper And Wood Bracelet  https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/21684/copper-wire-wrap-bracelet.php

Changed the heading to 'Copper Wire Wrap Bracelet '

Changed the first paragraph to 'Neutrals are the most important “colors” of 2010, especially when it comes to jewelry.  This simple, wire wrapped bracelet with earthy colors and a slim profile will definitely enhance and complement any outfit in the best possible manner. "

old tags -

jewelry, bracelet, wire wrapped, wood, glass, metal, brown, simple, teens, modern, anniversary, love, casual, jewellery, wearable art, hand crafted, handmade jewelry, bracelets, WIREWRAP, wire wrapped,

New tags-

copper wrie wrap, wire bracelet, jewelry, jewellery, jewlery, bracelets, handmade, contemporary, casual, under 50 dollars, Anniversary Gift, anniversary,

PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 01:33:07 am »

Hey Zeba!

I thought your original tags on the first product were good.  You had the relevant ones... "earrings, jewelry" right upfront.

I am not sure about the "chocolate question"... we'll have to ask admin.

Good job! Tags are still a bit of a mystery to me but I do know Google does not put as much importance  on them as it does the keywords in title and description.  Tags are really useful for customers to search our products especially when they are IN the site.

Wow Zeba... looks like you and I are the only ones in the classroom today Smiley

That's ok I hope everyone is working on keywords.  I have been working like mad but this is the one time I groan at having 100 listings.  Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 08:29:13 am »

I've been working with my oldest listings first and have updated titles, descriptions, and tags using the Google Keyword Tool.

...brother, it's hard to think like a customer, and not a jewellery maker, LOL.

Unfortunately, I didn't remember to clone my listings first...arghhhh.
These are the links to the updated listings...and I figured, what the heck, I'd try the sale function on iCraftGifts.com too!

#page has been deleted#

#page has been deleted#

#page has been deleted#

...I did five but our assignment was for three, so I won't bore you to death

This sure is challenging, only 45 more listings to go, LOL...but I'm learning a lot! I hope it translates into a few sales too!
PetiteTuques

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 09:26:48 am »

I've updated a few listing, and tried searching for them on google, and still don't see them! Its very frustrating. The closest I get to a top listing on google is this:

2-3 years Plum stripes *Classic Tuque Set by PetiteTuques - Hats  ...
21 Nov 2009 ... Tags: knit hat, mittens, purple, baby, child, earflaps ... 3-6 months Brown & Cream Stripe Classic Tuque $ 24.00 CAD, PICK YOUR COLORS! ...
icraftgifts.com/product-19465.php - Cached

Using the keywords, knit purple hat tuque -beanie. Meaning the listings with beanie were left out.

The keywords I have in this listing are: knit hat,knit mittens, purple hat, earflaps, spring hat, winter hat, fall hat, baby gift,

The google likes to automatically change my word tuque to toque, so maybe I'll have to put that into my tags too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This came on the second page of google

Kids Little Acorn Tuque in Brown by PetiteTuques - Hats - iCraftGifts.com
5 Apr 2010 ... Tags: knit hat, knitwear, knitted baby hat, baby gift, baby gift idea, ... 1-2years Royal Blue Stripe Classic Tuque $ 24.00 CAD ...
icraftgifts.com/product-21778.php - Cached

Using search words knit hat tuque -beanie

I have these tags :knit hat, knitwear, knitted baby hat, baby gift, baby gift idea, baby shower gift, unisex colors, child hat, spring hat, fun, funky, ribbed, ribbing

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I do any type of search on google, my newest listing is always the one I see. Is google ignoring my other listings?

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 09:40:53 am »

Hi PetiteTuques,

Don't expect to see changes in ranking right away. Google is not a real-time search. It takes sometimes a month to see any changes reflected on the Search Results page. Also, keep in mind, improving page content is only one factor that contributes to ranking. Inbound links to your pages also play a significant role in that, as well as many other factors.

Google likes new content. If you update frequently, it will index your pages more frequently and rank them higher. Update your oldest listings and  incorporate some of the keywords that you found through research and see if that will make a difference.
caralyn forstar

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 10:19:58 pm »

I am really glad to hear how long it takes Google to update as I haven't gotten there(that I can find) yet. Brilliant Beads what does 'cha cha' mean. I'm not doing at all well at thinking like a customer. My computer was down so I am relly playing catch up. Smiles, Caralyn
crywolf

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 09:47:03 am »

Here are 3 listings:

Tags: candy, cute tanktop, cupcake, ice cream, muffin, hearts

Tags: spider, spider web, halloween, scary,  black tank

Tags: sea, ocean, sailboat, sailor, wolf, nautical

Still not sure if that is the way to do it. We didn't use as many keywords just things we thought people would be searching for.
BoutiqueKarma

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 11:39:13 am »

my 3 listings:

https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/21291/coffee-mug-cozy-tractor.php

original tags: Tags: mug hugger, mug cozy, mug cosie, cup cozy, cup cosie, father's day, dad, coffee, tea, hot toddy, hot chocolate, handle, two hand drinking, quench, green, yellow, deere, john deere, tractor, country, farm, cafe, coffee shop, the, chocolate chaud, hiboux,

new tags: mug hugger, mug cozy, mug cosie, cup cozy, cup cosie, father's day, dad, coffee, morning coffee, personalize, trendy, funky coffee cozy, cafe, the, tea, hot toddy, hot chocolate, chocolat chaud, green, yellow, deere, john deere, tractor, country, farm, coffee shop, the, quebec, quebecois, canada, boutiquekarma, boutique karma

ok - hiboux had no business being in the first set of tags - I guess when I had cloned the listing I had missed removing that tag. You'll see that I have a number of french tags within my listing. I figure that perhaps I may be missing the quebec market without having those there (I guess maybe having bilingual listings could be an option later also). I have a huge # of tags partly because I also run a blog and often do themes/treasuries and find those color listings or descriptive come in handy for other bloggers to find and show off my stuff. make sense?

next listing:
https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/17651/lavender-filled-eye-pillow-deco-rose.php

original title: Eye Pillow - Deco Rose    new: Lavender filled Eye Pillow - Deco Rose

old tags: aromatherapy eye pillow, migraine relief, headaches, sinus pain, cold therapy, christmas gift, hostess gift

new tags: aromatherapy eye pillow, lavender eye pillow, eye mask, cold relief, migraine, headache, pregnancy, nursing, soothing, pamper, spa, scented pillow, sleep pillow, relaxing, hostess gift, baby shower, present, teal, neutrals, flower, garden, amy butler, fabric, unscented

https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/17235/toddler-crayon-roll-lime-green-polka-dot.php

original title: Crayon Roll up - Limeade (Last one)    new: Toddler Crayon Roll  - Lime Green polka dot

old tags: crayon roll up, crayon holder, children, toddler, unisex, boy, girl, organizer, art, green, black, eco friendly, gift

new tags: crayon roll up, crayon roll, crayon artcase, crayon cozy, pencil case, crayon holder, children, toddler, unisex, boy, girl, organizer, art, green, black, eco friendly, gift, polka dot
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 12:35:21 am »

Looks good everyone!
wabibrookstudio

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 10:19:25 am »

I've really fallen behind with my homework!  It's been a crazy week.
I'm not certain that I fully understand tagging.  I tend to use a lot of tags.  Trying to cover all possibilities I guess.
I changed the tags on my products when I changed the titles and descriptions, so don't have a record of what they were before.

https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/21884/hammered-copper-and-pearl-ring-hidden-treasure-size-6-25.php - Hammered copper and pearl ring
tags:  jewelry, ring, copper, freshwater pearl, organic, ocean, metalwork, wabi brook studio, julie a. brown, ontario, rustic, hand forged, hand crafted, hand made, unusual, june, birthstone, statement ring,

https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/19774/chunky-artisan-forged-copper-bangle-bracelet-ready-to-ship.php - Chunky Artisan Forged Copper Bangle Bracelet
tags:  handmade, jewelry, bracelet, bangle, metal, copper, anticlastic, brown black, bold, hammered, forged, artisan, unique, woman, teen, ooak, wabibrookstudio, ontario, canada

https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/15597/water-lily-original-small-pastel-flower-painting.php - Water Lily - Original Small Pastel Flower Painting
tags:  art, original painting, floral, flower, white, wabibrookstudio, pastel, nature, original, painting, realism, realistic

How important is the order of our tags?

Julie B.

PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 10:43:59 am »

Good questions. I admit I am not too clear on the nuances of tags either.  Lets ask admin....

How important is the order of tags?
How many is too many? Is it harmful to have too many?
Should they be the same or different as our keywords
How important are tags relative to title, description, and alt tags on pics?
Are tags more important in Google searches or internal icraft site searches?

Thanks admin! Smiley

Christine

I've really fallen behind with my homework!  It's been a crazy week.
I'm not certain that I fully understand tagging.  I tend to use a lot of tags.  Trying to cover all possibilities I guess...

...How important is the order of our tags?

Julie B.

wabibrookstudio

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 01:21:18 pm »

Good idea, Christine.  Looking forward to reading the response.  Now I'm off to have a look at the next lesson!

Julie B.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2010, 06:23:27 pm »

LOL... good for you better late than never!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2010, 09:18:12 pm »

OK, here are basic rules for Product Tags (Keywords):

• The recommended number of Keywords is from 10 to 12.
  • Since you can't optimize a page for too many Keywords, start your list with the most important Key Phrase (the one you want to optimize your page for)
  • Because Google examines the document collection as a whole, all other Keywords in the list should be related (semantically close) to the main Key Phrase.  
  • For the same reason, all your keywords should be repeated in the page copy (product description in this case), otherwise they won't do your page any good.

Please also see my post on how optimized pages look like - https://icraftgifts.com/forum/1202/how-does-perfectly-optimized-page-looks-like/
Weezi

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 05:04:30 pm »

I will start w the same red leather bag for this exercise:
#1  https://icraftgifts.com/member_product_detail_accessories.php?fmRecKey=19577
Original key words:
upcycled, red leather, shouylder bag, tote bag, handmade, one of kind, women's, adult, weezi, ruffle, ontario, big, roomy

New key words:
large tote,red,handmade,Canadian,recycled, leather,shoulder bag,tote bag,woman's,soft leather purse,ruffle

Ps- I searched both large and big for this bag...You do NOT want to know what kind of answers I got!  Embarrassed

#2 https://icraftgifts.com/member_product_detail_clothing.php?fmRecKey=19217
Vintage Inspired Cherries Apron

Old tag words: apron, half apron, adult, womens, retro, red, black, white, cherries, gingham, retro, Ontario, made in canada
To be honest..I am not sure I want to change too much here.

New tag words: apron,ladies, womens, retro, red, black, white, cherries, gingham, vintage inspired, baking,cooking,ruffle
( ruffle is big!)

#3 https://icraftgifts.com/member_product_detail_accessories.php?fmRecKey=19200
Leopard Hand bag
Yes, this needs some work!
Old tags: leopard, women's, cotton, ontario, red lace, red, brown, animal print, shoulder bag, one of a kind,

New Tags: leopard print,ladies,shoulder bag,handbag,red lace,animal print,handmade,lined,Canadian,women's,fashionable
Again, I am up for suggestions. Smiley

PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 06:20:51 pm »

#1 shoulder bag, womens tote, ladies purse, red, recycled leather   should be front of the list in my humble opinion Smiley

large handbag and  big handbag had GOOD results!!!! around 700 or so... use those keywords!!!!

on your #3 example  use "leopard shoulder handbag" as keywords and tags could be handbag, shoulder bag, leopard print,

I will start w the same red leather bag for this exercise:
#1  https://icraftgifts.com/member_product_detail_accessories.php?fmRecKey=19577
Original key words:
upcycled, red leather, shouylder bag, tote bag, handmade, one of kind, women's, adult, weezi, ruffle, ontario, big, roomy

New key words:
large tote,red,handmade,Canadian,recycled, leather,shoulder bag,tote bag,woman's,soft leather purse,ruffle

Ps- I searched both large and big for this bag...You do NOT want to know what kind of answers I got!  Embarrassed

#2 https://icraftgifts.com/member_product_detail_clothing.php?fmRecKey=19217
Vintage Inspired Cherries Apron

Old tag words: apron, half apron, adult, womens, retro, red, black, white, cherries, gingham, retro, Ontario, made in canada
To be honest..I am not sure I want to change too much here.

New tag words: apron,ladies, womens, retro, red, black, white, cherries, gingham, vintage inspired, baking,cooking,ruffle
( ruffle is big!)

#3 https://icraftgifts.com/member_product_detail_accessories.php?fmRecKey=19200
Leopard Hand bag
Yes, this needs some work!
Old tags: leopard, women's, cotton, ontario, red lace, red, brown, animal print, shoulder bag, one of a kind,

New Tags: leopard print,ladies,shoulder bag,handbag,red lace,animal print,handmade,lined,Canadian,women's,fashionable
Again, I am up for suggestions. Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [All]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 5 icraft SEO Bootcamp What Happened
Jump to:  
Click