Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 5 icraft SEO Bootcamp Assignment
Pages: [1]
Author

Day 5 icraft SEO Bootcamp Assignment

PillowThrowDecor

« on: April 12, 2010, 02:57:52 am »

Product Tags.

Product tags are used as navigational links, allowing people to discover more products through them. They’re essentially keywords or keyword phrases. You should enter only a few descriptive keywords here, starting with the most important ones

So if your page is about a pillow with red and blue stripes, your keywords could be: “Red and blue stripes, pillow, home decor, comfy pillows”

Basically all good keywords that you find through Google Keyword Tool could be incorporated here, setting a focus on your product.

When Google reads those tags, all punctuation is removed.
Though we need to separate terms with commas for people - to make it easier for them to read tags and to browse using those tags.

Review the listings that you have already tweaked titles and the descriptions.  It is probably easiest to delete all your tags and start again.

In your "What Happened" Thread past three links to your listings where you have "new and improved tags"
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 11:16:50 am »

You say to only enter a few keywords in the tags.  So do you mean to only have 3-5 tags?  How is only having 3-5 tags better than having 10-15 tags?  Or have I misunderstood? 

In my mind, tags play two roles.  One role as a place for some keywords for google searches, but also, tags help people who are already on the site to find my items during a search of the site. 
Weezi

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 05:36:14 pm »

I am also wondering the very same thing as Jewelry wout Borders Smiley
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 08:49:24 pm »

You are right! There is probably more weight on people on the site finding your site with Google being secondary as they don't put as much weight on it today.

So your tags should be words that people use to find your type of product... not too technical, just everyday words.

"One role as a place for some keywords for Google searches, but also, tags help people who are already on the site to find my items during a search"
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 5 icraft SEO Bootcamp Assignment
Jump to:  
Click