Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 4 icraft SEO Bootcamp What Happened
Pages: 1 2 [All]
Author

Day 4 icraft SEO Bootcamp What Happened

PillowThrowDecor

« on: April 09, 2010, 02:33:25 am »

Ok... show and tell  what you learned in school today Smiley

Cheers

christine
Zeba

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 09:07:58 am »

Here it goes.  https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/20260/amethyst-crystal-pendant-with-handmade-silver-chain-necklace.php Views before the changes 186 (4/9)

Original Title: Amethyst Crystal Cluster Necklace With Large Hammered Bead Links

My Etsy shop had the exact same title as icraft.  So by changing the title on icraft, now the two sites are not duplicated.  I also change the first paragraph of the description to be different than Etsy.

New Title: Amethyst Crystal Pendant With Handmade Silver Chain Necklace

Amethsyt Crystal Pendant           2,400
Handmade Silver Chain                880
Bezel Set Pendant                      8100

Original Description also was the same on Etsy.  New description on icraft is now unique.
Original description first paragraph: Photos cannot capture the beauty and the shine of the crystal shards in the amethyst and the crystal rondelle. This is a very delicate, eye catching necklace. The large hammered and wrapped bead links give it a modern and trendy look.

New Description first Paragraph: The bold phrases were added based on google keywords

The beauty and the shine of the crystal shards in the large amethyst agate create a very delicate, eye catching necklace. The silver bezel set and the large handmade beaded chain give it a modern and trendy look.

PetiteTuques

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 10:14:43 am »

I'm having a lot of trouble with this- I'm trying to fix my newest listing right now.

I have 100 views so far.

I kept the same title: Kids Little Acorn Tuque in Brown

I changed the descriptive phase: This spring inspired hat for boys and girls will be great for the cooler days ahead.

And added: This cool hat has been knit in rib for extra texture.

Google words: cool knit hat            210
                     spring hats for boys  36
                     spring hats for girls   46

Other things I did was read the assignments from previous bootcamps, and placed some free ads on craftjuice.com, thehandmadedirectory.com, and youcraft.org. I can't tell if my new ads are bringing in traffic, but I know since then my views have gone up 20.

Another problem is the fact that I like to use the word tuque, but the average person does not. I don't want to change it either, because it makes my product unique. I try not to use tuque in my descriptions, and use more traffic words.

I feel like I need a lesson on writing- Smiley
wabibrookstudio

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 05:14:53 pm »

Here is my show and tell:
https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/19774/chunky-artisan-forged-copper-bangle-bracelet-ready-to-ship.php

The original title was:  Anticlastic Copper Bangle - OOAK - Ready to Ship  - views 135

New title: Chunky Artisan Forged Copper Bangle Bracelet - Ready to Ship

First part of Old description - the first paragraph is not at all keyword friendly! :
I can hear you all saying anti what?
Anticlastic just means the bracelet curves in two different directions - around your wrist and away from your wrist. It's quite easy to see in this bold hand-formed bangle!

Made from pure copper, oxidized, then tumble polished to bring out the rich, deep patina. Microcrystalline wax is rubbed in to preserve the finish.

First part of Revised description:
"I hand cut this bold bangle from pure copper sheet, heated and hammered several times to create the distinctive curved anticlastic* shape, then oxidized and tumble polished to bring out the rich, deep patina. Microcrystalline wax is rubbed in to preserve the finish.

*I can hear you all saying "anti what"? Anticlastic just means the bracelet curves in two different directions - around your wrist and away from your wrist. It's quite easy to see in this bold hand-formed bangle!"

Finding effective keywords was a challenge. 
copper bangle bracelet:  880
hammered copper bracelet: 320
forged bracelet:260
chunky and artisan were two other keywords that came up.  Google keyword tool is having hiccups, so can't get the #'s.
Also, after changing my listing I discovered that organic is a good word to use for my jewellery. 

Where do the tags we use come into all of this? 
How should jewellery sellers handle the two spellings of jewellery/jewelry?   Is including the two versions in our tags of any benefit?  And what about mis-spellings? jewelery, jewlery, etc.

Julie B

wabibrookstudio

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 05:26:59 pm »

I wanted to also say that the idea of asking other people (customers, friends, etc.) to search for our products is an excellent one!  I have a difficult time thinking like a customer when trying to come up with keywords.  The words I choose don't even come up at all, haha!
wabibrookstudio

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 07:22:36 pm »

Me again!  Roll Eyes
Why would a listing not show up in google search, even when the exact title is used?  The item shows up where it has been mentioned on facebook, other blogs, etc., but not the actual listing itself.  I'm a bit puzzled.

Julie B.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 09:29:32 pm »

What's the link for the listing?

Me again!  Roll Eyes
Why would a listing not show up in google search, even when the exact title is used?  The item shows up where it has been mentioned on facebook, other blogs, etc., but not the actual listing itself.  I'm a bit puzzled.

Julie B.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 09:46:32 pm »

I love your new title..." Amethyst Crystal Pendant With Handmade Silver Chain Necklace"

Here it goes.  https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/20260/amethyst-crystal-pendant-with-handmade-silver-chain-necklace.php Views before the changes 186 (4/9)

Original Title: Amethyst Crystal Cluster Necklace With Large Hammered Bead Links

My Etsy shop had the exact same title as icraft.  So by changing the title on icraft, now the two sites are not duplicated.  I also change the first paragraph of the description to be different than Etsy.

New Title: Amethyst Crystal Pendant With Handmade Silver Chain Necklace

Amethsyt Crystal Pendant           2,400
Handmade Silver Chain                880
Bezel Set Pendant                      8100

Original Description also was the same on Etsy.  New description on icraft is now unique.
Original description first paragraph: Photos cannot capture the beauty and the shine of the crystal shards in the amethyst and the crystal rondelle. This is a very delicate, eye catching necklace. The large hammered and wrapped bead links give it a modern and trendy look.

New Description first Paragraph: The bold phrases were added based on google keywords

The beauty and the shine of the crystal shards in the large amethyst agate create a very delicate, eye catching necklace. The silver bezel set and the large handmade beaded chain give it a modern and trendy look.

wabibrookstudio

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 10:02:43 pm »

Christine, this happened to more than one listing, but I noticed it first when adding a new listing:
https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/21884/hammered-copper-and-pearl-ring-hidden-treasure-size-6-25.php; I was using this listing from my etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=40990853 to experiment with different keywords, and this was the listing that didn't appear even when the exact title was searched.
Beajoux

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 08:15:03 pm »

I revised the listing for these earrings:

https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/3669/faceted-green-and-brown-agate-dangle-earrings.php

The original title was "Muddy Love Earrings". What I once thought was a sort of descriptive title now seems unsearchable!  Embarrassed  I've changed it to "Faceted Green and Brown Agate Dangle Earrings". I've added in "semi-precious" in the description and used more tags.

I can't believe how much I'm learning from this bootcamp. Great idea to focus on searchability!

Ainsley
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 08:30:27 pm »

I've done 4 listings so far.  Here's the first one:
https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/17542/lapis-lazuli-and-sterling-silver-earrings-wire-wrapped.php

The Before:

Title: Lapis and Silver Earrings

Description: 
Aren't these little earrings sweet?

A lapis bead adds a pop of colour to dainty earrings. Fine silver wire is hand-coiled around the hand crafted sterling silver oval frames.

The total length of the earrings from the top of the handmade sterling silver ear wires is 1 1/2" (3.8 cm).

These earrings are one of a kind.

The After:

Title: Lapis Lazuli and Sterling Silver Earrings

Description:
A lapis lazuli bead in a vibrant blue adds a pop of colour to these small sterling silver earrings. These casual earrings are versatile and will go well with many outfits.

I threaded a lapis bead onto oval frames that I hand crafted using sterling silver wire. I then coiled some fine silver wire around the frames to create a textured look.

The total length of the earrings including the handmade sterling silver ear wires is 1 1/2" (3.8 cm).

These earrings are one of a kind.

I know the title isn't dramatically different, but I got rid of the keyword empty first sentence in the description. 

PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 12:59:59 am »

I think the issue is about duplicate title. 

Google doesn't like duplicate material. It will show the first article in a search.  Maybe it is showing up in the Facebook post because Facebook has a higher google rank than icraft or Etsy.

I am not 100% sure about all of this but I do know it is important to change your titles between your different stores.

Christine, this happened to more than one listing, but I noticed it first when adding a new listing:
https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/21884/hammered-copper-and-pearl-ring-hidden-treasure-size-6-25.php; I was using this listing from my etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=40990853 to experiment with different keywords, and this was the listing that didn't appear even when the exact title was searched.
crywolf

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 09:35:24 am »

Sorry I'm about a week behind. Actually I had edited the titles, just never posted my results. Anyways here they are:

Chloe Vneck > Crywolf Chloe Peach (100% cotton) Vneck Shirt
Wetlands Vneck > Crywolf Wetlands Heather Grey (100% cotton) Vneck Shirt
Candyland Tank  > Crywolf Candyland Tank Top Shirt (cupcake and icecream)
Giant Panda Tshirt > Crywolf Giant Panda Mint Green or heather black Tshirt
Hipster Werewolf Tshirt > Crywolf Hipster Werewolf Tshirt (100% cotton)
Spiderweb Tank > Crywolf Spiderweb Tank Top Shirt (tri-black with white print)
Rain Wolfies Vneck > Crywolf Rain Wolfies Blue Vneck Shirt (tri-blend)

Much more detailed titles, and they are not the same as any of our other shop listings. That was a great tip!

Thanks everyone.
BoutiqueKarma

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 10:56:11 am »

I'm so far behind - but at least I'm still working on it. I love everything I'm learning about searchability, duplication, etc.

I've edited this listing for my John Deere inspired Mug Hugger

before the listing ready Mug Hugger - Oh Deere  now it is: Coffee Mug Cozy - Tractor  (I'm nervous about putting the key words John Deere in the title because it is probably not legal)

Not only is it more descriptive, but it no longer duplicates my Etsy or Artfire titles

also Coffee Mug Cozy ranked:

Coffee Mug Cozy: 170
Mug Cozy: 1000

I also changed up the first paragraph of type to read:
A fun unisex Mug Cozy for your everyday cup of coffee. Show off your individuality and separate your personal brew from other mugs by customizing with a fun Mug Hugger. Great for anyone looking for a fun and inexpensive way of setting yourself apart or a gift!

Now this also differs from my other and is more descriptive.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2010, 12:08:24 am »

I am so pleased you are finding the bootcamp exersizes helpful!!!  I know what you mean about thinking you have brilliant titles only to find that you are the only one that can find them ... me too  Embarrassed

I revised the listing for these earrings:

https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/3669/faceted-green-and-brown-agate-dangle-earrings.php

The original title was "Muddy Love Earrings". What I once thought was a sort of descriptive title now seems unsearchable!  Embarrassed  I've changed it to "Faceted Green and Brown Agate Dangle Earrings". I've added in "semi-precious" in the description and used more tags.

I can't believe how much I'm learning from this bootcamp. Great idea to focus on searchability!

Ainsley
Weezi

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 04:41:20 pm »

HERE is mine:https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/19577/womens-eco-friendly-red-leather-bag-w-recycled-materials.php

This is a tough one for me. I use the word upccyle but no one seems to like it. I think I need to go back to recycled.

original title: Women's Upcycled Red Leather Coat Shoulder Bag

eco friendly 1,220,000
eco chic 33,100
recycled leather 8,000
recycled 2,240,000
upcycled 18,100
leather tote 368,000   
leather bag 2,240,000   
red leather handbag 12,100   
red leather tote 9,900   
women's 226,000,00
ladies 45,500,000   
And another thing...Womans? Women's? Womens...which one.

So...lets try : Women's Eco Friendly Red Leather Bag w Recycled Leather

What do you think?Huh? I am open to suggestions.
I almost broke a sweat doing that!

PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 06:03:46 pm »

How about ladies leather shoulder bag   8100 (too many)
How about red leather shoulder bag  (2100...better)
How about red leather purses (1900 slightly better)
How about "recycled leather purse(s) (91) in gorgeous red

recycled leather handbags   (320) Red with ruffles

recycled leather handbag   140    in red and black

If I were searching for a handbag / purse I personally would search for red handbag / purse (large or small) firstly, the fact that it was recycled leather would be secondary to me. Now that is just me.  Note that in my keyword search 320 people in the month of March searched for "recycled leather handbags"... so not everyone searches like I do.

By the way I LOVVVVVVVVVE that handbag!!!

Hey everybody go check this handbag out... it is beauuuutiful.  I like red ruffles and one day will probably be a "red hat lady" Smiley

HERE is mine:https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/19577/womens-eco-friendly-red-leather-bag-w-recycled-materials.php

This is a tough one for me. I use the word upccyle but no one seems to like it. I think I need to go back to recycled.

original title: Women's Upcycled Red Leather Coat Shoulder Bag

eco friendly 1,220,000
eco chic 33,100
recycled leather 8,000
recycled 2,240,000
upcycled 18,100
leather tote 368,000   
leather bag 2,240,000   
red leather handbag 12,100   
red leather tote 9,900   
women's 226,000,00
ladies 45,500,000   
And another thing...Womans? Women's? Womens...which one.

So...lets try : Women's Eco Friendly Red Leather Bag w Recycled Leather

What do you think?Huh? I am open to suggestions.
I almost broke a sweat doing that!

wabibrookstudio

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 10:01:50 am »

Lol, Weezi!  I'm with you on the "breaking into a sweat"!  This seo stuff is hard work!

Oh, and btw, the red bag is MINE, so hands off everyone else, lol!  I have a Weezi's Red Handbag fund, saving my nickels and dimes so I can buy it.  And keeping my fingers crossed that no-one else  gets it first! Smiley

Julie B.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 11:37:44 am »

Wabi you're hysterical!!!

You need to promote some of your pretties so we can buy and help bolster your weezi-red-bag fund. Grin
Weezi

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 04:22:29 pm »

Thanx you guys!! It helps to have a cheering squad!!! Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [All]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 4 icraft SEO Bootcamp What Happened
Jump to:  
Click