Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  Fairly new member
Pages: [1]
Author

Fairly new member

IDBCA Canada

« on: February 12, 2010, 01:21:24 pm »

I started my store on January 6th this year and I am busy trying to populate the items for sale.  In my exploring all of the features I found the message board. 

I am a glass fusion artist primarily but also explore other mediums like fibre and paper art.  Please feel free to check out my store.

I am also on Etsy and have had two sales to the States in the past year.  I am hoping that we can make icraft the place to come to for Canadian customers.

Thanks
CA (IDBCA Canada)   Smiley
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 08:13:05 pm »

Welcome to iCraft.  I echoe your sentiment.  I would love to have more traffic to my iCraft exhibit than my Etsy store, but iCraft is younger and will take a little more time.  Improvements are happening all the time, and I have challenged myself to continually improve my shop and items along with it!

This item of yours is lovely:
#page has been deleted#

There's another similar one in your shop.  I REALLY wish there were more photos - especially one that shows how it opens and the space inside!

-Lisa.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 05:12:52 am »

I love your fused pendants. Gorgeous!

Most of my views are from the Us with Canada a very strong second.

I love having some of my locals go to my store. Nice that they don't have to worry about exchange rate, shipping, etc.

Welcome to icaraft.ca and hope to visit with you more on the forums here!

Cheers

Christine
IDBCA Canada

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 02:12:08 pm »

Hi Lisa

Thank you, being new to messge boarding I like your suggestion of photgraphing the inside of the box.  It is smooth finished wood. 

I originally created them for individuals who lost a pet or someone special and wanted to keep special momentos of the pet or person.  I am thinking to write a small card up that has suggestions.  At Christmas I sold 5 just taking them into work then came home and found the Etsy sale.  I was really glad that it was not any of the ones I sold that would have been so embarassing. 

I really like your snails.  I have always been partial to quilling.  Could you possibly shellac or modge podge them and covert them into pins? Just a suggestion.

CA

]
IDBCA Canada

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 02:50:47 pm »

Thank you Christine

There are some for Sale at Ethereal Glass - small ones.  Last spring I was in Vancouver on Burrard Street and was looking for a Master Glass Blower and came to this shop across from Canada Centre.  I was carrying my pendants with me told them I was an artist from Ottawa she bought 13 right there and then.  While I was waiting for the store to open there was a woman with her family and they were admiring a piece I was wearing I sold two pendants to her.   The pendants are sooo much vibrant in person.  They are my bread and butter everything else is gravy.

Look forward to reading more and connecting on the discussion board. 

CA 

Craft Boutique

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 01:20:24 am »

Welcome! This card is my favourite #page has been deleted#
IDBCA Canada

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 02:31:22 pm »

Thank you for the compliments.  I make what moves me when I sit down to create I let the material speak to me whether it is glass, paper, fiber or paint.   I am also influenced by emotions and life.  Sometimes it works out and people appreciate it and other times only I can.  It is the process and sharing my art that I love.

I always admire people who can knit patterns and intricately When I knit it is one basic stitch and if I drop one oh well.  It is very relaxing.  I just participated in an Urban Cozy project for our Winterlude pictured here http://www.flickr.com/photos/spinsandneedles/4344087225/
Mine is the green, purple, pink and muti colored cotton tree scarf under the orange poofy organza looking Tutu.  After Winterlude the tree cozy's will be made into blankets for shelters and the homeless.

Thank you again and hope to connect with you in other dialogues.

CA
Craft Boutique

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 12:01:51 am »

Oh wow, those are pretty cool pictures. I wish trees in my neighbourhood looked like that. Smiley
SarahMars

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 08:38:29 pm »

I like your colourful cards. "Smile" is my favourite #page has been deleted#
The Knitting Lady

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 09:04:06 am »

Confederation Park Urban Cozies made me laugh. That was cute. Smiley
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 02:54:45 am »

Hey CA

What does IDBCA stand for?

Cheers Christine
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  Fairly new member
Jump to:  
Click