Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  Question about Google Base/Merchant
Pages: [1]
Author

Question about Google Base/Merchant

Northern Girl Jewelry

« on: December 17, 2009, 01:53:00 pm »

I believe that I once read somewhere that icraft automatically loads our new products to Google Base (which is now called Google Merchant).  

I've just come across this link
http://base.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=54611
where it states that Google Base products that are loaded to the US site must be in US dollars.  So does this mean that any of us that are listing in currency other than US dollars are not actually having our products loaded to Google Base?

Julie
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 11:31:38 am »

Does anyone know?
iCraft Admin

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 02:36:59 pm »

I'll have to check and get back to you on this one.
iCraft Admin

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 01:12:15 am »

Hi Julie,

Yes, what you've described is correct. The latest changes to Google Base will eliminate products listed in a different currency, other than those described in the article.  

However, I would not change your preferred currency to fit this requirement just yet.
We'll do the currency conversion and feed all products to Google Base to solve this problem.

We started using Google Base from the very beginning, when it was still in Beta. Over time, they've changed their rules a few times, and we have to keep making adjustments on our end each time.

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I'll keep you posted.
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 08:31:05 am »

Thanks for the info.

No, changing my currency was not in the plans.  The advantages to being able to list in Canadian dollars outweigh those of Google Merchant for my shop here.  Like many sellers, this is not the only site on which I sell, so I just wanted the most complete info possible to form the best strategies for my shops as a whole, not just on one venue.

I'm glad I won't need to make changes to my current strategy.  Smiley
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 12:12:04 pm »

Anything new on this?

Cheers
Christine
iCraft Admin

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 01:09:00 pm »

Still working on this. A bit more complicated, than we originally thought of it.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 01:47:41 pm »

LOL... that's funny... I say the same thing ...often. Smiley

Thanks for the update...
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  Question about Google Base/Merchant
Jump to:  
Click