Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  New! Automatic product updates to Twitter
Pages: [1]
Author

New! Automatic product updates to Twitter

iCraft Admin

« on: November 17, 2009, 01:58:19 am »

Important update! We’ve added a function to your Profile page https://icraftgifts.com/member_profile.php that allows you to setup automatic product updates to Twitter. This means our system will scan your products every hour for any updates and post them to Twitter on your behalf. If you’ve made many changes to the same product within an hour, we’ll count that as one update and post that to Twitter.

Benefits of using automatic update:
-   Saves you time. No need to do it manually for each product.
-   No product update will be forgotten.
-   Update is posted in a certain format to make it more “findable” on Twitter.
For example, we insert hashtag #handmade and flag sale items, so services like CheapTweet could easily aggregate your tweets http://cheaptweet.com/twitterers/iCraft
-   We’ll tweak our update formula over time, based on what works best on Twitter, so you don’t need to worry about that either.

Here is how Tweets will be composed.

If product was updated:
We’ll insert phrase “Just updated” followed by  #handmade hashtag, then by Product Title. At the end you’ll see a link to your product page.

If product was added:
We’ll insert phrase “New” followed by #handmade hashtag, then by Product Title. At the end you’ll see a link to your product page.

If product was placed on sale:
We’ll insert phrase “Sale! 15% off” followed by #handmade hashtag, then by Product Title. At the end you’ll see a link to your product page.

Here is how our automatic updates will look like on Twitter:

To activate this feature you need to click on “Setup automatic product updates to Twitter” Link on your Profile page.
Once you've set it up, you’ll see a different message “Your Twitter account (Name) has been setup for automatic product updates.”

Please try it out and help us test this new function.

You can read more about how this works or how you can cancel this feature in our FAQs https://icraftgifts.com/help/#TwitSetup

Thanks!  Smiley
Craft Boutique

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 02:01:57 am »

Hey, it worked! Look at my last update on Twitter http://twitter.com/Craft_Boutique Very cool, and I didn't have to do anything! I see how this can save me time. Thanks! I like it Tongue
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 02:10:00 am »

I just updated about 60 of my pillows so I purposely didn't turn it on but now that I have finished housecleaning I am off to do it right now.

Cheers
Christine
iCraft Admin

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 08:30:45 am »

Hi Christine,

Sorry, I don't believe this will work after the fact.  Roll Eyes
You should've set up notifications first, then updated all your products.
I might be wrong, so let me know if it worked for you or not.

Just so you know, Twitter script looks for new updates every hour, so if anything have been updated, it would've collected all the updates and posted them all over a certain period of time (spread it out a bit). If you decide to update as many as 60 products, I'd recommend to stage it - do it in 2-3 batches (maybe even over 2-3 days) and not all at once, so notifications to Twitter won't look all the same. Basically, you want to mix them up a bit to make them look more natural. Hope this helps.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 09:41:12 am »

Lol... I PURPOSELY DID NOT WANT UPDATES on when I updated my products. I didn't want to flood the Twitter stream so no worries all is good.

Cheers Christine
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  New! Automatic product updates to Twitter
Jump to:  
Click