Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 1 Assignments What Happened?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Author

Day 1 Assignments What Happened?

Beajoux

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2009, 10:01:52 pm »

Hello, I'm Ainsley. I work full time as an editor by day and try to find time at night to make beaded jewellery and wire-wrapped rings.  This is my second go with Sellers' Bootcamp; I tried to participate with the first one, but never seemed to have the time needed to fully appreciate everything it had to offer. I'm hoping it'll be different this time in that I'll MAKE the time to utilize all the great ideas and information more fully.

Best of luck to everyone and I look forward to working with you to make this a success!

Ainsley

P.S. I'm on Twitter too: http://twitter.com/Ainse
Unicorn Creations

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2009, 11:30:12 pm »

Hi everyone, my name is Rhonda and my shop can be found at icraftgifts.com/unicorn_creations

I have been crafting for as long as I can remember.  My mom and I have been doing craft sales together for about 10 years and we love every minute of it!

My crafts are jewelry of all kinds, magnets, and cool new Christmas personalized ornaments.

I work 50+ hours a week as a dental office manager and then craft my heart out late at night when my 2 small kids are in bed!  I also have a shop on Etsy and I love both!

I have been on icraft for a bit now and am very anxious to see some results after I learn some tricks of the internet world at bootcamp!

I look forward to meeting you all here, happy crafting everyone!

Rhonda Cheesy
Sarah Ranes

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 12:21:59 am »

Hello Everyone, my name is Sarah and my shop is https://icraftgifts.com/sarah-ranes  I am brand new and haven't had a chance to do much with my shop yet.  I am from central Pennsylvania in the US.  I actually joined icraft because I saw an ad for the Bootcamp and started looking at the site and it looked like a lot of fun.

I make handmade soaps and lotions.  I have been making soaps for about 6 years.  I sell mostly at craft shows and farmer's markets.  Since the beginning of this year I have been working hard to get seen on the internet.  

My life has always centered around artistic and craft related activities.  I graduated from art school with a degree in photography which I have  pursued most of my adult life.

I am looking forward to this camp and getting to know some new people.
Celinda

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2009, 01:16:07 am »

Hello everybody!

I'm Celinda from Studio C jewelry design https://icraftgifts.com/celinda.  I'm from the Texas Panhandle.  The color array in our landscape is absolutely gorgeous and inspires my creativity.  I hope that I will get to know many of you.  I'm just now starting at icraftgifts.com and I haven't posted anything to my account yet.  Please forgive me...I will have my jewelry posted later in the week.  Hope everyone has a good day  :lol: !

Celinda
Zs Knees

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2009, 01:38:19 am »

Hello fellow bootcampers! It's Z's mama(you can call me Jeffie) happy to be returning for my 3rd go-around. I had just decided to close my virtual doors for good when I got the email for another bootcamp... and you know I couldn't resist. We've had so much fun in these camps! And maybe this will be just what I need to get back in gear.

About me... I'm a happy single mother of a zooming toddler. We live in Oregon where I've taken a job as site manager of a low-income housing project. It's the latest in a long string of weird jobs, haha! I have always feared and avoided "careers"... the closest I've come was 3 years of teaching English abroad, which I enjoyed immensely.

I started my iCraft shop when Z was 7 months old, hoping I could earn enough to get by working only part-time. But selling is not my forte, and this proved much much harder than I anticipated. But I still have the work-from-home fantasy, so here I am, not giving up... ready to lean on y'all for support once again.

I know the things I need to work on, it's just a matter of getting it all done. And it would certainly help if my friends and family members would stop having cute kids for a minute so I can make stuff to actually sell :lol:
Chicki

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2009, 10:01:19 am »

Hello fellow bootcampers!

I was away at a sale this past weekend and did not get around to assignment 1 until today.

My name is Tina and I am from SK, Canada.  This is my third bootcamp.  My shop is https://icraftgifts.com/chicki .I love and have always loved crafting.  I make polymer clay and other unique jewellry including chainmaille pieces.  I have started metalsmithing and am finding that really fun and challenging.  I take photos and have made a photo calendar with them that you can find in my shop.

I am looking forward to this bootcamp and meeting some new people!
Naturliche

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2009, 10:27:00 am »

Hello everyone!  back for 3rd round!  I am happy to be back and see some familiar names and some new ones too!

I am hoping to be able to keep up this time around, and focus on what needs to be done for a sucessful little shop!

I have been crafting for as long as I can remember.  I love to try new things, and dabble in the old too!  

My icraft shop icraftgifts.com/naturliche will soon be filled with new soaps, scrubs, lotions and more!  I make all that and more from naturally based ingredients.  

By day, I work behind a desk, and by night, I am in the kitchen cooking up luxuries for the body.  I love what I do, and hope that I can pass on some of that energy to others!

Thank you Christine & Linda and icraft for putting this fabulous bootcamp together!!
Dancing Monkey Jewelry

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2009, 11:09:17 am »

Hello:

Already, I'm a day behind!  My name is Martha and I'm from Tacoma, Washington.  I create jewelry and my shop name is Dancing Monkey Jewelry.  

https://icraftgifts.com/dancing-monkey-jewelry

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you and I'm really excited about this Boot Camp.  I was just recently laid off from my job and have decided to take time and concentrate on my jewelry and photography.  It's what I've always wanted to do and there's no time like the better to make my dreams come true.

Best regards,

martha
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2009, 12:06:48 pm »

Lol... I have spent my whole life "catching up" probably because I love to consume every detail in life.

Don't stress about being behind... if you need to abreviate some of your assignments, that's ok, you can come back to it on the weekends or after the 28 days is over.  

Some assignments are meant to build on each other and some tasks can be skipped but of course the magic of marketing is getting the combination of everything happening at once.

Don't you worry. Being here on the forums and interacting brings you 80% closer to success... It's statistically proven that 80% of success is about showing up.  Persistantly "being out there" is a lot more than most do.

Cheers

Christine
PillowThrowDecor
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2009, 12:16:19 pm »

Wow it is so great to see so many familiar faces here again.  Thanks so much guys for being a part of this!

An especially big thanks also goes to Wendyhttps://icraftgifts.com/winged-heart-studio! Wendy has been an absolute angel in helping getting ready for Bootcamp and has worked with GalleriaLinda in behind the scenes getting some cool stuff organized for our marketing.

She is one of your mentors too so don't be shy in asking her questions.

Christine

Quote from: "Winged Heart Studio"
I'm Wendy, the Crafty Canadian, and you can find my shop at https://icraftgifts.com/winged-heart-studio!

I'm a Craft Trends Columnist for Hand Made News.org; I write for iCraft and I'm a Design Partner with The Beadin' Path, HHH Enterprises and Bead FX.

In September, I started the Peterborough Downtown Craft Market, a year round, handmade, Sunday market located at Peterborough Square, which is right downtown, in Peterborough, Ontario. (Where I met Erin of Big Tub Botanicals, a fellow Boot Camper and experienced her wonderful, natural products for the first time).

Very into social marketing with Twitter, FaceBook, Ning and Blogger and happy to help with these particular topics. Also have a lot to say about free and easy ways to market your on/offline shop.

This is my first Boot Camp and I am looking forward to seeing RESULTS! Plus, I am really honoured to be associated with the amazing Christine and Linda! We are all very lucky to have Christine leading this and Linda sharing her expertise, here and through her site, IndieCeo.com.

Here to learn and to help!

At Your Service!
Dori Daus

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2009, 08:17:41 pm »

My name is Dori and my shop is called Face of Contentment Design.  I make jewelry from metal clays, lampwork beads (that I make), fused glass ( that I fuse) and wirework.  I also make bookmarks and barrettes and some small pottery items.

I was a Special Education teacher when I met my husband, got pregnant and became a full time mom ( usually with three or four part time jobs- Hebrew School Principal, Hebrew School Teacher, Behavior therapist, paraprofessional, art instructor).  In June all of my part time jobs disappeared and that has left me with lots of time, but not a lot of money, so I have been working craft fairs and teaching classes through adult education in order to make some money.

While I have etsy, 1000markets, artfire, and icraft shops, I have only sold jewelry on ebay and in person.  I am looking for ways to improve my shops and hopefully get some online sales.

icraftgifts.com/faceofcontentment
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2009, 08:33:18 pm »

Hello to many familiar faces, and to lots of new icraft friends!

This is my second bootcamp and let me assure you that the program will teach you things you never thought of, and help to build your business in wonderful ways!

My name is Gillian and I am the person behind "Brilliant Beads"
https://icraftgifts.com/brilliant-beads

I am a dentist with a full-time hospital practice, and in the evenings, and on weekends love to make lampwork glass beads and design jewellery.  I love to see what other jewellery designers make with my beads....there are so many creative people out there.

I live in London, Ontario and am married, with four children.

I can't wait to see what I learn in this bootcamp...woohoo, let's get started!
MadMavenCreations

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2009, 09:17:41 pm »

Hello fellow bootcampers!  I'm on day 1 & 2 at the same time, so I'm going to tackle this task 1st and then we'll see what the 2nd task is!

I am also a nurse by day, also newly promoted to office manager, and a beader/crafter/knitter/crocheter/resiner/etc. by night, afternoon, weekends, holidays, yadda yadda yadda.

I had gastric bypass surgery 6 weeks ago and spent the 2 1/2 weeks recuperating by knitting my fool head off.  My listings are all beaded, but I'm hoping to incorporate some knitted goods (I'm thinking bookmarks and small stuff, perfect for my attention span) at some point soon.

This is my 1st bootcamp.  I haven't been doing much of anything online, but I've known GalleriaLinda for some time now via etsy and I'm a fan of her work both as an artist and as a marketer so I'm taking this opportunity to reconnect internetwise.

I live in central New York.  I have a husband, a 14 year old son, a 14 year old stepdaughter, and a 17 year old stepson, who is currently recovering from swine flu.  I am very much looking forward to this bootcamp to put a boot in my backside!  Thank you to all of you that have organized this!
Callidora

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2009, 08:55:12 am »

Hi,

I know I'm a little late getting started, but I'm going to catch up today!  I'm Terri and I own Callidora's, https://icraftgifts.com/callidora.  I'm a homeschooling mom of 4.  My oldest is 16 and in college and my youngest is turning 7.  I didn't always homeschool - I used to have a very unsatisfying corporate life.  I was a Liberal Arts Major at Arizona State University and never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up.  Somehow, I fell into Human Resources and that's where I hung my hat for several years.

I'm very Type A, so my co-workers were quite surprised when I told them I was quitting to homeschool my kids.  They all said that I'd be back at work in 6 months - that'd I never be able to "relax" and be happy outside of the corporate world.  Well, it's been 6 years and I guess they were partially right!  I'm going a million miles an hour!  I teach my own kids, plus teach classes in English, Latin, and math at my local homeschooling center.  I started Callidora's 2 years ago and have a very steady amount of orders.  I knit as my form of stress therapy - knitting is for me.  I don't sell it, unless I made a sizing mistake for a family member.

I live just outside of Richmond, Virginia and I've been married for 16 years to my best friend.  We laugh quite a bit and he is very supportive with my creative venture.  I've recently been able to do more traveling, now that my children are older.  I look forward to new adventures in strange lands and bringing home some new textiles to work with Smiley

I look forward to getting to know everyone and checking out your shops!
Teri Calbert

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2009, 09:27:18 am »

Hello, my name is Teri Calbert.  I have always been creative in a simple way.  All my friends and co-workers have always told me I should sell the things that I make.  So I started Bluehills Treasure Chest Designs, https://icraftgifts.com/teri-calbert, I have been at it a little over a year with little to no success :cry: I'm not a salesman or marketing genius, just someone who loves to make things with my hands.  So, if you like my things, buy them, don't be shy :wink: .
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 1 Assignments What Happened?
Jump to:  
Click