Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 1 Assignments What Happened?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Author

Day 1 Assignments What Happened?

PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2009, 12:50:18 pm »

Oh my word... I hope you are feeling better.

You have some gorgeous pieces in your shop!

I am so glad you are following GaleriaLinda.  Yes... everyone can learn lots from her as she is a very smart lady (applause for Linda)  Smiley

As this is your first bootcamp you will discover some really super people here. There's lots of helping each other and sharing ideas especially those that have been through Bootcamp before. What is kinda neat about previous bootcampers is that they are very willing to share what works and what DIDN'T work for them. The didn't work tasks are extremely important to monitor as you will quickly realize some activities are successful in certain geographic regions and not in others.

Cheers
Christine

Quote from: "SquareEffects"
Hello fellow bootcampers!  I'm on day 1 & 2 at the same time, so I'm going to tackle this task 1st and then we'll see what the 2nd task is!

I am also a nurse by day, also newly promoted to office manager, and a beader/crafter/knitter/crocheter/resiner/etc. by night, afternoon, weekends, holidays, yadda yadda yadda.

I had gastric bypass surgery 6 weeks ago and spent the 2 1/2 weeks recuperating by knitting my fool head off.  My listings are all beaded, but I'm hoping to incorporate some knitted goods (I'm thinking bookmarks and small stuff, perfect for my attention span) at some point soon.

This is my 1st bootcamp.  I haven't been doing much of anything online, but I've known GalleriaLinda for some time now via etsy and I'm a fan of her work both as an artist and as a marketer so I'm taking this opportunity to reconnect internetwise.

I live in central New York.  I have a husband, a 14 year old son, a 14 year old stepdaughter, and a 17 year old stepson, who is currently recovering from swine flu.  I am very much looking forward to this bootcamp to put a boot in my backside!  Thank you to all of you that have organized this!
Time and Sand

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2009, 05:22:18 pm »

Hello:  I also am a day behind!  But will work to catch up.  My name is Carrie and I am from Columbus, Indiana.  I have several businesses with my husband and children.  I am a jewelry designer and we as a family also make natural soaps, natural dog treats and my husband does collage art. We have two icraft shops at this time.

https://icraftgifts.com/time-and-sand
https://icraftgifts.com/zacs-zoaps

I work outside the home, part-time, as a Director of Outreach & Care at Grace Lutheran Church and work at home as a jewelry designer.  We are a busy family that loves to create together.  My husband is a trained photographer and has a Lay Ministry degree and also works at the church I do.

This is my first bootcamp and I was hoping not to start late, but as usual things happen (son broke glasses, we are having a funeral at church, etc) so here I am better late than never!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2009, 08:28:30 pm »

Hi everyone.

Signing in for the roll call!  My name is Lisa.  I have been on Etsy and iCraft for about 1 and 1/2 years.  I have not really had any success on iCraft yet and limited amounts on Etsy.  I was going to skip this round of bootcamp, but something told me I was going to need motivation and I know this is it!

I am a Chartered Accountant in a medium-sized a firm. Generally speaking, our ultimate goal is to create confidence in financial reporting. I enjoy making sure that financial reporting is in order. I enjoy being able to work on different clients throughout the year. I enjoy both learning and teaching as well (which is why I teach cardmaking for an animal charity). I have never left public accounting because I enjoy having students around. The firm is always filled with people who want to learn more and do better. I have recently been appointed quality control for the firm. This role fits my meticulous nature and allows me to teach to the firm so that we can continuously improve ourselves. I do find it difficult to keep pace with today's changing audit environment (as Canada is moving towards International rules), but challenge is what keeps a job interesting and allows me to continually learn too! But don't ask me anything about tax. Tax is my kryptonite!

I love to scrapbook but it is very demanding on time. I started making cards with my scraps and found it much faster. I suppose I am a product of todays "now" generation. The faster the reward, the more you like it!

The firm I work for requested that I get involved in the community more or be visible like guest teach at university. I am far too shy for that! Besides, I do accounting all day - I need a creative release! So, I looked around for a small charity where my "crops" or "classes" would benefit them. I wanted a small one so that my tiny contribution would go a longer way. That's how I met SOAR (Souther Ontario Animal Rescue). I decided to teach card classes because it's easier to make the kits. Since I was making up kits to sell for classes, I knew I would be left with excess kits. That's what drove me to open my online shops.

Currently, I'm a member of two Etsy Teams: Paper Twirlies for quillers and Etsy for Animals for animal charity.  I have product with a percentage of the proceeds going to charities on my Etsy Shop.  Eventually, I will do the same on iCraft but the lack of activty has held me back.

I know you have to give to get, so I'm doing bootcamp for my second time to see if I can breathe some life in to my shop and iCraft too.

I have a blog too!
http://www.ensorcelledminds.blogspot.com/

Lisa.
Too Cute Cats

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2009, 11:16:25 pm »

Hello All,

My name is Amy and my store is found at https://icraftgifts.com/too-cute-cats

I love hearing about all the talent here, it’s really inspiring. I am a few days late and can relate to a number of posts, working full time and crafting on the side, recruiting willing (or not so willing) family members to help under the pressure of repairing for craft shows.

I make awesome catnip pillows and toys for our feline friends.  I’m new to crafting and have my first craft sale next Saturday in Calgary at the Haysboro Community Centre. I am a bit nervous about my craft sales, yet I have had quite a bit of view (no sales) and looking forward to the craft sale season.

You can also follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/TooCuteCats

I’m looking forward to learning more about icraft and being successful at selling online.  I seem to be heard a lot about little sales, but I think this is a great place to learn and support other Artisans.  Joining late, but I’ll catch up!
Amy
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2009, 01:14:39 am »

Better late than never is true... I am so glad that you are on board!

We do have weekends to catch up too!  Smiley

Cheers

Christine

Quote from: "Time and Sand"
Hello:  I also am a day behind!  But will work to catch up.  My name is Carrie and I am from Columbus, Indiana.  I have several businesses with my husband and children.  I am a jewelry designer and we as a family also make natural soaps, natural dog treats and my husband does collage art. We have two icraft shops at this time.

https://icraftgifts.com/time-and-sand
https://icraftgifts.com/zacs-zoaps

I work outside the home, part-time, as a Director of Outreach & Care at Grace Lutheran Church and work at home as a jewelry designer.  We are a busy family that loves to create together.  My husband is a trained photographer and has a Lay Ministry degree and also works at the church I do.

This is my first bootcamp and I was hoping not to start late, but as usual things happen (son broke glasses, we are having a funeral at church, etc) so here I am better late than never!
wabibrookstudio

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2009, 08:26:10 am »

Hi everyone.  I am almost a week behind, but will catch up this weekend, I hope!
I'm Julie and I am a full-time artist and artisan.  Here is my shop:
https://icraftgifts.com/wabibrookstudio
I create fine art and artisan jewellery inspired by nature from my studio on a working sheep and horse farm in northern Ontario.
I was forced to retire from my previous 20 year career as a self-employed horse and rider trainer after experiencing a huge health challenge.  I started drawing and painting and making jewellery about 5 years ago as a hobby to help keep me sane (not sure it worked completely, haha!), and it just developed into a full time business.  Without the full-time pay as yet, unfortunately, but I am happy and fulfilled and that is much more important.
I have a husband and  19 year old daughter who support me 110%.  
I'm so glad that I made myself take part in bootcamp this time around.  I am doing a lot of marketing already, but I know I still have a lot to learn, and hopefully this camp will help me to be more organized and committed!  I'm loving the idea of making new connections and networks, too.
I have a fairly extensive online presence which you can find by going to my shop.
Okay, on to the next assignment!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2009, 06:01:04 pm »

Oh i am so glad that you have joined us ... even a week late you can get up and running.  Catch the highlights that I pointed out in our last assignment.

I'm zooming around here today but will be back later on.

If you have any questions just ask pillowthrowdecor(at) gmail(dot) com and I will gladly help to get you up to speed on anything. Need to check out your store too.  You sound like a pro already!!!

Cheers
Christine
VerreDesign

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2009, 01:37:46 pm »

Hi!

My name is Patricia and I'm the founder of VerreDesign Jewelry and ArtGlass. I'm from Montreal (Quebec) and do all my creating and designs in my home studio - I LOVE it!

I spent 10 years in the financial world and traded the high heels and board meetings with jeans and family talks around the kitchen table. I love being an artisan and look forward to complete this bootcamp:) Now on to catching up!

Take care,

Patricia
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2009, 03:23:28 pm »

Hi Patricia!  Good for you.  I am so glad you are jumping in.

If you want to fast track your catch-up, complete all the "writing about you" assignments.  Download Tweetdeck and Tweetlater or Hootsuite and try and get you Twitter account up and running.

Are you new to Twitter? If so and you need a hand convo me directy or just post on the forum here and someone will jump in and help you.  We all share ideas and support one another so don't feel shy about asking for help!

Cheers

Christine
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 1 Assignments What Happened?
Jump to:  
Click