Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  New colour option please?
Pages: [1]
Author

New colour option please?

Northern Girl Jewelry

« on: October 14, 2009, 02:26:11 pm »

Hi Admin,

Would it be possible to add a couple of new colour options in the drop down menu for jewelry?  I would love it if Teal and Aqua were available.

Thanks.
iCraft Admin

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 01:36:33 am »

Done!

Speaking of colors, we are also experimenting with color wheel options for our "Shop by Color" widget. https://icraftgifts.com/FlexColorWheel/ColorWheel.html

The challenge is in automating this process.
If we choose colors for you, they might not be as accurate, as if you did it manually. However, not everyone will update their colors on the same day or even month. This means when users start using our widget, they won't get many results back.

We are thinking now we'll automate this process initially and then ask all Creators to correct the colors that were assigned to their products automatically.

Would that work for you?
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 11:29:51 am »

Wow... I love this idea.

Looking forward to it.

Cheers

Christine
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 11:57:31 am »

Thanks for adding the colours!

That colour wheel option looks interesting.  I have a couple of questions.

I noticed that as I clicked on the wheel it gave me a specific square with a specific colour number.  If someone is shopping by colour, will it be only items that match that exact square that will show up or will it be squares in that vicinity?  At the moment there are only a little less than 6000 items listed on icraft, so I would imagine that several of the squares would not have a match.

Maybe it's just my monitor, but as I looked at the colour wheel, I couldn't find the dark greens (like forest green).  Are the dark greens missing or is it just my monitor?

I think it would make sense for you to automate the process at the beginning.  The challenge of course, like with seeing any items online, is that different monitors show colours differently.
iCraft Admin

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 12:40:32 am »

Hi Jewelry Without Borders,

Good point about different shades of green. We'll try to add various options for choosing colors (by RGB #, by Color Range etc.)
Yes, different monitors display color differently. That's why we thought adding option for matching RGB # could be useful.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 12:56:39 pm »

Can you add an option for a user to select a range of colours?  Like, if they wanted to see ALL the shades of green and not just one colour?
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  New colour option please?
Jump to:  
Click